Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Lakin, Kansas
“Just lovely.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We were passing thru Kansas City and so we planned to spend a night for our anniversary! We got the king jacuzzi room an it was just blissful. One of the most awesome holiday inns I have ever been to.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniel F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
GertyAnne,

Congratulations on another great year, with many more to come!

The staff is excited to have made your special evening that much better!

Hope to see you again when you travel through Kansas City!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a pleasent staff nice beds and quite rooms. On Sunday of are stay the breakfast attending was completely overwhelmed by the sheer amont of people. When someone went over to help things seem to get better but he was still struggling to keep up. The manager should do schedule changing when there property is full especially on Sunday. While sitting in the lobby at least 10 people came to the ft ont desk to complain. Allison did as good as job as she could to run the front desk at 9:30am and helping diffuse a hot situation. People just need to realize when breakfast closes at 10:00 it will be busy

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Dan,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay at when you were in the Kansas City Area.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

Unfortunately our breakfast staff was not adequately prepared to provide the level of service we strive to achieve. We strive to have the best service for all of our guests; and have revised scheduling to prevent the situation you experienced in the future.

We do hope you stay with us in the future!
Kirksville, Missouri
Reviewed 9 August 2014

On a recent stay near the KC Airport, we opted for the Holiday Inn Express near the airport. This is a very nice hotel. The decor is very modern and the staff was friendly. The room was very clean and there were no issues with anything except the beds.
Many hotels are moving towards a more-firm bed and this is one of them. If the room had a softer mattress, this would be at the top of my list the next time I go to KC. We had to get up early to make a flight, so we did not bother to ask if they had a better one. If you go here and need a softer mattress, be sure to ask.

Room Tip: Ask to see if they have mattress choices.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hello Jamesrider,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express and Suites by KCI Airport as your place to stay before the early flight!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay before your flight out of the Kansas City Airport.

I do apologize about the situation with the bed. All of our rooms are supposed to have Pillow Top Mattress Pads to aid in the softness of the beds.

We do hope to see you in the future!
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Let's start with the staff!!! Wonderful! I received a phone call from the night auditor confirming my arrival. I really love that! Upon arrival, the shuttle driver finds a parking space for my husband and I walk in to check in! Excellent service at check in! Fast! My room was cold! It was hot and humid outside! Kids fell asleep instantly! Our room was on the I-29 side but the traffic noise was not audible inside of our room. We tried the breakfast and I enjoyed the variety. Smoked cheddar omelette and garden omelette! Choices! What to eat is the question! I love the choices! I'm so putting in the same options at my Holiday Inn Express I manage. As we meandered throughout the hotel the staff was always greeting us! It felt like we were at home. Overall, the experience was amazing and all IHG properties need to follow suit!

Stayed July 2014
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I received the Holiday Inn Express information when I contacted the central booking number for Holiday Inn. I am a Clubs Reward card holder and do a lot of business traveling. We are looking to acquire a new business in the area and I needed to secure a conference room for a few days along with overnight room for myself. I had been working with a sales manager for this location by the name of Amber. The Holiday Inn reservation center had actually provided 3 hotels in the area for me to work with. I ended up selecting another Holiday Inn by the airport instead of this facility for a couple reasons. The other hotels pricing was a bit better and there was construction surrounding the HI on Polo Drive. Since I had people coming in to see me, I didn't want them to have to deal with the construction. When I decided on which facility I was going to use, I called and was forwarded to Amber's phone and left her a message thanking her for her help but I was going to use another HI nearby. After my trip, I discovered that I had been charged for a one night stay as a no show. Apparently, calling Amber and telling her that I wasn't going to be staying there and didn't need the conference rooms wasn't enough. I also didn't sign the paperwork that they wanted me to do which in turn would have reserved the rooms so it was clear that I wasn't using their facility. I left 3 messages for Amber to return my call inquiring that there must have been some mistake as I had left her a message and also did indeed use a Holiday Inn, just one down the road. Amber did not return my calls, and what made it even more unprofessional is I left a message for the General Manager as well and he did not return my call. I have never experienced such poor customer service in my life. All I can say is we will not be using this hotel for any customer or other business stays. Being treated with such disrespect and unprofessionalism will surely impact their business. An FYI - if you would have had the courtesy to call me back and discuss this situation, I might have let this slide but now will be disputing the charges.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank annhe
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear annhe,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a week due to business. What a great staff starting with the General Manager-Daniel Fulani and Muktar Ahmed. Both employees were very friendly, professional and accommodating! The hotel is located not too far from a couple of shopping centers for shopping, dining, and/or taking in a movie. The shuttle drivers are friendly and will take you to some of these locations.

The hotel was clean and fresh! It was a great place to stay and I would stay there again when I visit MCI!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We often spend the night near the airport when we have an early flight, and have experimented with a number of different brands. There are many more expensive, but few much nicer than this hotel. I know it's not a Ritz Carlton, but it also isn't pretending to be one. It's just a good value place with large, comfortable rooms, and a pretty decent breakfast. They also charge not that much extra to let you park there for a week, and to take and pick you up at the airport.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Daniel F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for the compliments!

There are many hotels to choose from around the Kansas City Airport; we are glad that you allowed us the opportunity to serve you.

We do hope to see you in the future.