Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport
US$317
US$249
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$123
Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$81
US$196
US$181
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$136
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
US$201
US$185
  • Pool
All reviewshi expresspancake makerroom key in a slotzona rosabreakfast was includedpillow casesthe breakfast areaexcellent hotelshopping and restaurantsfirst floorvery nice staybiscuits and gravymeeting roomkansas city airportshort drivefridge and microwavethe shuttle driver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at this location for one night while in transit to visit family; between a late arrival and early departure, we were only there for 8 - 10 hours. That said, our experience was very positive: the room was more modern than I expected and very clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful and welcoming, and our experience was good, albeit brief. Our only complaint is that the parking lot was full when we arrived. It appears as though this is a common problem, and the staff handled it effectively, asking us to parallel park outside the entrance (along with 2 - 3 other cars that were in the same situation). Still, it was disconcerting not to have a "real" parking spot for our rental car. Overall, however, our brief stay was very good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniel F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Hello LaurenandRyan,

Thanks for staying with us before your morning flight out of the MCI Airport. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

We are currently looking into providing more parking to our guests to prevent what you encountered from occurring again.

Once again, Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We were passing thru Kansas City and so we planned to spend a night for our anniversary! We got the king jacuzzi room an it was just blissful. One of the most awesome holiday inns I have ever been to.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

GertyAnne,

Congratulations on another great year, with many more to come!

The staff is excited to have made your special evening that much better!

Hope to see you again when you travel through Kansas City!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a pleasent staff nice beds and quite rooms. On Sunday of are stay the breakfast attending was completely overwhelmed by the sheer amont of people. When someone went over to help things seem to get better but he was still struggling to keep up. The manager should do schedule changing when there property is full especially on Sunday. While sitting in the lobby at least 10 people came to the ft ont desk to complain. Allison did as good as job as she could to run the front desk at 9:30am and helping diffuse a hot situation. People just need to realize when breakfast closes at 10:00 it will be busy

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Dan,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay at when you were in the Kansas City Area.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

Unfortunately our breakfast staff was not adequately prepared to provide the level of service we strive to achieve. We strive to have the best service for all of our guests; and have revised scheduling to prevent the situation you experienced in the future.

We do hope you stay with us in the future!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Let's start with the staff!!! Wonderful! I received a phone call from the night auditor confirming my arrival. I really love that! Upon arrival, the shuttle driver finds a parking space for my husband and I walk in to check in! Excellent service at check in! Fast! My room was cold! It was hot and humid outside! Kids fell asleep instantly! Our room was on the I-29 side but the traffic noise was not audible inside of our room. We tried the breakfast and I enjoyed the variety. Smoked cheddar omelette and garden omelette! Choices! What to eat is the question! I love the choices! I'm so putting in the same options at my Holiday Inn Express I manage. As we meandered throughout the hotel the staff was always greeting us! It felt like we were at home. Overall, the experience was amazing and all IHG properties need to follow suit!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I received the Holiday Inn Express information when I contacted the central booking number for Holiday Inn. I am a Clubs Reward card holder and do a lot of business traveling. We are looking to acquire a new business in the area and I needed to secure a conference room for a few days along with overnight room for myself. I had been working with a sales manager for this location by the name of Amber. The Holiday Inn reservation center had actually provided 3 hotels in the area for me to work with. I ended up selecting another Holiday Inn by the airport instead of this facility for a couple reasons. The other hotels pricing was a bit better and there was construction surrounding the HI on Polo Drive. Since I had people coming in to see me, I didn't want them to have to deal with the construction. When I decided on which facility I was going to use, I called and was forwarded to Amber's phone and left her a message thanking her for her help but I was going to use another HI nearby. After my trip, I discovered that I had been charged for a one night stay as a no show. Apparently, calling Amber and telling her that I wasn't going to be staying there and didn't need the conference rooms wasn't enough. I also didn't sign the paperwork that they wanted me to do which in turn would have reserved the rooms so it was clear that I wasn't using their facility. I left 3 messages for Amber to return my call inquiring that there must have been some mistake as I had left her a message and also did indeed use a Holiday Inn, just one down the road. Amber did not return my calls, and what made it even more unprofessional is I left a message for the General Manager as well and he did not return my call. I have never experienced such poor customer service in my life. All I can say is we will not be using this hotel for any customer or other business stays. Being treated with such disrespect and unprofessionalism will surely impact their business. An FYI - if you would have had the courtesy to call me back and discuss this situation, I might have let this slide but now will be disputing the charges.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank annhe
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear annhe,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Ferdinand G.