“nice room but no windows”

Residence Inn Kansas City Country Club Plaza
Ranked #51 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed here recently on a family vacation to Kansas City for the Royals vs. Red Sox series. The hotel is located in Country Club Plaza which is a nice area of Kansas City and great for shopping and restaurants. The suite was clean and comfortable and the housekeeping staff were extremely attentive. Free breakfast was provided; the breakfast staff deserve an A+. Front desk and office staff were friendly and helpful. This is a good place to stay however our suite's windows were a direct view into the breakfast area and not outside, which was a bit of a disappointment. We did not hear any noise in the morning from the breakfast area however the breakfast smell definitely woke us up in the early AM. Complimentary coffee and cold beverage are offered in the lobby. You'll need a car when visiting Kansas City as most places that we wanted to visit (including Kauffman Stadium) were a bit of a ride. We actually never made it to the downtown area; it seems Kansas City is extremely spread out. Anyway, good hotel but ask for a room with a view...

Room Tip: ask for a room with windows.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Kansas City Country Club Plaza

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a weekend for a relatives wedding. Staff was very friendly, rooms were very clean, and it was in the perfect location at the plaza. A minor drawback was that either the 3rd or 4th floor (can't remember which one it was) had a somewhat unpleasant odor. Other than that I would highly reccomend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed here during Thanksgiving weekend. Our room king bedroom suite was very nice, but there were no sheets for the pull out bed. When we asked for them, they brought us a dirty blanket with holes in it. We were also very surprised when we looked out the window only to discover we had a very nice view of the breakfast area. The pool was super cold, but our kids still really enjoyed it. Each time we went to the pool we had to call for more towels. The hot breakfast was good with a variety for each morning we were there. After returning home, I also discovered I had left a pair of earrings in the drawer. I knew the exact location, and called the very next morning after leaving but they were no where to be found. I was very sad that someone would take them, but there was nothing I could do. Overall, I was not very happy with our stay (even though we had a fun time outside of the hotel while we were there) and will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel in July 2013. I highly recommend it. The staff especially Brandy who works at the desk are very friendly and helpful in every way possible. The 2 bedroom suite was wonderful..very clean, spacious and up- to- date. It was wonderful to have free parking. The hotel is on the Country Club Plaza so there are many restaurants, bars and shopping within blocks. I will stay here again and look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KansasCityJayhawk
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This hotel was in a great location. Close to eating and shopping. Plus it was easy to get to some of the other attractions Kansas City had to offer, like the Zoo and Crown Center Plaza. We arrived on a Wednesday Evening and were able to enjoy the happy hour. It was amazing and we were disappointed we could only enjoy it for one night as they only do it Mon-Wed. Thanks to Craig who worked the front desk when we checked in and gave us great pointers on what Kansas CIty had to offer, and even some tips on where to find Awesome BBQ.

The only inconveniences with the hotel is that there is one elevator, and it is very slow...bad when you have a stroller. I took the stairs when going back and forth to the car without the family. The other issue was the A/C. Even when the thermostat was set to 68, during the day the room would reach 75, and wouldn't cool down until about midnight.

Other than that it was a great place to stay and would be more then happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: If traveling with family (little kids) get a room with Inside entrance, but something that doesn'...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Thanks to Craig who ran the evening happy hour! we stayed there on a Monday and Tuesday and that guy made it all worthwhile. They don't just give you pretzels and some apps, he cooks a whole meal for his guests and knew most by name. I noticed he always had a vegetarian option as well. Poured a nice glass of wine and had two beers available. Not sure what nights he does this but it was the best part of the stay! As far as the hotel part, we stayed in one with an outside door _that is how they referred to it when i called for a reservation. It looks like they converted some old apartments into suites. The suite was fine-had plenty of room but was very dated. The tile in the cramped bathroom was cracking and moving under my feet and the grout was missing in most places. The bed was comfy and the place felt clean and it is in a good location. Pool was closed Tuesday evening thru Wed when we left so didnt' have a chance to use it. I would recommend this place but maybe if you like newer digs, opt for an inside room or at least ask of those are newer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We just got back from 4 days at this hotel. I have 2 teenage boys. I went with the two bedroom suite which gave us 2 bathrooms and 3 TV's. It was enough space for all of us spread out. With a full kitchen available we could bring food in and prepare it. Located right on the Plaza it was walking distace to many restaurants, shopping and a 9- plex movie theatre. Choosing this location was great for going to World's of Fun and even a Royals game. It is only 7 - 10 miles from each of them. We were in the middle. Everyone had a great time. Even my boys complimented me on my choice of hotels. We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on the backside. I little bigger!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family