Residence Inn Kansas City Country Club Plaza
US$317
US$249
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$123
Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$81
US$196
US$181
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$136
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
US$201
US$185
  • Pool
All reviewscountry club plazagas fireplacefree covered parkingstudio roomgreat restaurants and shopssmall kitchenslow elevatorfull kitchenliving areaclub areahappy hourlocation is greatstreet noisethree roomswithin easy walking distancenice breakfasta great place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2009

Wanted a roomy, home-like hotel as I was traveling with 2 teens. We each had our own room with TV ( no flat screens here ), 2 bathrooms and a living room with sofa bed. Fully equipped kitchen. Nice hot buffet breakfast was included. Free covered parking. Recieved a phone call a few mins after getting up to our room. Front desk was checking to make sure everything was satisfactory. Nice touch. Would definitely return with my family.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Itsonlyanopinion
Reviewed 4 November 2009

Nice place at a great value. We had a shoppers rate that included a $50 gift card for the Country Club Plaza stores and restaurants. We could also use the gift cards for the hotel. We went to many of the downtown attractions. The hotel staff had excellent directions for getting there and back. The morning breakfast was great. Plenty of choices for the whole family.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank AuntNeeCee
Reviewed 1 June 2009

We stayed one night and got the Sunsational KC deal where you get the plaza giftcard. It was like home away from home - a kitchen with everything you need, a nice living area with a fireplace, an extremely comfortable, soft bed and a nice bathroom area with a spacious closet. It was a great deal for what you get and we used the gift card at a local restaurant and thank goodness because it saved us a lot on the bill. It was one of the most comfortable, clean hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. We also had a nice view out of the window.

The plaza area is very nice, but if you don't have a lot of money to spend, you're going to want to just walk around and check out the scenery, maybe get an appetizer somewhere and a few drinks. We ate out a few times and the bills were always pretty high, even at lunch. It's a higher end shopping area so expect to spend quite a few bucks on any purchases around there too. Next time we might go to the P&L district and check it out instead, but this hotel was phenomenal and I definitely recommend it. The only down part was the indoor pool in the summer. I prefer outdoor pools in the summer. But it was a decent pool and hot tub - and clean!

Also, we had some noisy kids next door and they had been yelling and shouting for a few hours so we called the front desk. Don't know what they did but that took care of it instantly! Complete quiet for the rest of the evening. The breakfast in the morning was the usual continental type stuff but was pretty good and the little lady walking around was nice and kept it clean and stocked. The hotel's also secured at night and they lock the lobby door and have a security guard right there in the front lobby. Great service!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank akbrownWichita
Reviewed 2 March 2009

What a disappointment. Checked in Saturday night 2/28 for one night. I'm Silver Elite in the Rewards program, but was given a room with no window to the outside. The window from the living room and bedroom looked into the dining area for breakfast. I was astonished. I've had views of lightwells before, but never have I had no outside view. I erred by not requesting another room - I think because I was so shocked. If you do stay here, make sure you get a room with windows that look outside. The bedroom part of the room is very poorly designed - there really is only about 12 inches to walk around the bed - very awkward. And although some things said weekend breakfast lasted until 10, other things said 9:30 and they meant 9:30. No sleeping in for breakfast here. The living area was spacious, but overall it felt cheap, and thanks to the no-outside-light room, I can't recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BornReisende
Reviewed 15 December 2008

I stayed at this hotel the weekend of the Big 12 conference (but not for that reason) so the hotel was packed. Nevertheless, the hotel was able to accomodate two rooms together so that I could stay close to my dad who was also staying at this hotel. Both rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. They were both large, with living rooms and little kitchens. The drawback was that the rooms were far from the "lobby tower" and therefore, we had to walk outside between the lobby (around which we got breakfast) and our rooms. This wouldn't be a problem if it were nice out, but for the weekend in November that we stayed there, it was very cold.

On the plus side, the staff of the hotel was nice and helpful; the hotel provided free internet (good for checking in flights); the location of the hotel was convenient to many stores and restaurants; and, most importantly, the rooms were great and at a decent rate. All in all, I would stay at this hotel again. It was a good experience.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TysonsTraveler8