Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection
US$186
US$196
US$181
  • Restaurant
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$123
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
US$201
US$185
  • Pool
All reviewssprint centerpower and light districtloft suitebank buildinggated lotmile radiusbeautiful hotelwithin mileswalk in showeranniversary weekendcouple blocksbeautiful roomcomplimentary shuttlehotel restaurantbottled waterbusiness triphighly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We recently stayed at the Ambassador for a birthday evening out at P&L. As we checked in we were warmly greeted and check in was a breeze. We had reserved a group of three rooms and all were placed close to each other which worked out very well. The lobby was very classy and reminded me of old fashioned glamour style. The rooms were gorgeous (we had a corner king with a couch and seating area) and included a large bathroom and huge shower, along with a small fridge, complimentary bottled water and Keurig coffee maker. Very spacious and spotless. I am a bit of a clean freak and I must say I found nothing to turn my nose up at-which is unusual in a hotel. After all of our group checked in we figured out we had a birthday cake but no knife to cut it. A quick call to the lobby (only asking for a knife) and a few minutes later someone brought up not only the knife but eight place settings for cake! Talk about service! We also utilized the convenient town car service to P& L. Our driver was friendly and fun and the ride, although quick, was very nice and convenient in the heat. It is worth noting that the walk back from P&L late at night is a very short distance...even in high heels. We also ate breakfast in the Reserve the next morning and both the server and the food were wonderful. Warm beignets and an omelette made to order? Yes please! Overall everyone in our party was very pleased with their stay at this lovely hotel. I would not hesitate to book here again.

Room Tip: We had a corner king room on the 5th floor and it was perfect!
2  Thank stanze5
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We hadn't realized we were getting to stay at a brand new hotel when we made the reservations. The hotel was a lovely surprise with big, elegantly decorated rooms, comfy beds, unbelievably soft towels and robes, and a great big bed. The lobby is pure old Hollywood glamour. Walking distance from the Power and Lights Dostrict. The staff was friendly and very helpful!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patti M
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Downtown Kansas City was in desperate need of a fine boutique hotel.

As residents of Kansas City we often enjoy a quick weekend getaway to the downtown area for concerts and such. This particular weekend we needed a large suite with two bedrooms and an entertaining area to celebrate my wife’s birthday. Suites like this are rare downtown. The manager, Michael Hammontree, went above and beyond to make this weekend perfect. The staff was quick to smile and handled every request promptly. They even called and let me know that we left a few items after our stay, which they offered to ship to us. All of our guests were exceedingly impressed with the décor and food. We didn’t get to eat at the restaurant, but we ordered room service multiple times and were impressed with all the dishes. I particularly enjoyed the tuna tartar, the burger and fries, and everyone loved the hummus.

I can’t wait for my next excuse to stay downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for the parlor suite and the adjoining room for a great view of the nightlife with room to spread out and relax with another couple.
1  Thank kelsosfriend
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I stayed at the Ambassador July 21, 2012 with four other girls for my bachelorette party. I was skeptical at first because I knew it was brand new and there were no reviews online of it when we booked reservations. However, we thought the location right by Power and Light couldn't be beat so we took a chance. I cannot even believe I thought twice about it. As soon as we walked in I was blown away. This place is beautiful! I was a little confused when we walked in and didn't see a front desk right away; I thought maybe we had gone in the wrong door. After we walked a few steps though, the desk was just to the right. They checked us in and were so nice and polite to us even though we were kind of complete messes from being at Oceans of Fun all day. They asked us if we had plans for dinner and when we named the place we wanted to eat at, they immediately offered to make reservations for us (which was very helpful). They said the bar, which looked pretty nice, would be open all night which we were excited about but unfortunately didn't get to try (Power and Light all night instead). When we got to our rooms, every one of us were floored by how awesome they were. The colors, the furniture, the fabulous robes, the shower that could be it's own room, the light up mirrors, the little seat you can sit on when you do your hair, the Keurigs, the iPod stations, the wardrobe closet, the enormous amount of space...we felt like we were royalty. Granted, for girls in their early twenties we haven't seen a lot of fancy hotel rooms, but this certainly set a pretty high standard. We were actually the first people to ever use our rooms, which was pretty cool. The drain on my sink wasn't connected to the sink (by-product of everything being brand new), and when I called to tell them, they had someone come upstairs at as soon as we needed to fix it. Very professional, courteous, and helpful.

Their parking lot could use a sign; we called to ask if they had one and they said it was around back, and it would be $15 per night to park there. As it was the weekend, we parked at a meter across the street for free instead.

Again, this location can't be beat. We all agreed if we ever stay in Kansas City again, we have to stay at the Ambassador. We got two rooms with a king size bed in each for $179 each; if we had known how big the rooms were we could have easily put all five of us in one room. Having two bathrooms was nice though : ) Still an amazing value for such a fantastic hotel in downtown Kansas City. Congratulations to them on opening such a beautiful hotel this summer!

4  Thank Sara S
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed at the Ambassador Kansas City last week because a business associate had recommended it as new and interesting. It was really special!
Apparently, it recently opened and is a complete redo of a historic building. I love that!
Much more chic than I expected in Kansas City but the staff was Midwestern nice. Very cool finishes and the room was extremely comfortable with great beds and bathrooms...which are extremely important features to a road warroir like me! The location was perfect for walking to lots of restaurants. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business