“Excellent Hotel!”

Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stayed at the Ambassador Hotel in downtown Kansas City in August. The hotel is brand new and the rooms were fabulous. The front desk employees were fast and efficient. The lobby resembles a W-Hotel in the look and feel. The bar area was very nice. I didn't get to try to restaurant, but the seating area was also in the lobby area. The rooms are top notch. Again, it really made me think of the W-Hotel in many ways, although the Ambassador is brand new so the bedding, furniture, fixtures and rugs were all beautiful. The bathroom was huge by hotel standards and the shower was gigantic and covered in tile. The location is perfect for anyone with needing to stay in the Power and Light district. I really can't say enough about this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 August 2012

My husband and I took a mini vacation to Kansas City and stayed at the Ambassador for a couple of nights. The rooms are amazing. Spacious and brand new! The decor was beautiful.
The bathrooms had a huge walk in shower.
The service was fantastic. We took advantage of the complimentary ride to the plaza and back one night.
It is a convenient location at a price you can't beat for the value.
I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank icanea1
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Over the weekend we recently celebrated our anniversary. We live in the Shawnee Mission area of Kansas but wanted to get out of the house for the night. My wife read the reviews on this site and decided to roll the dice. Neither of us have ever visited a boutique hotel before. I am more of the low budge type when it comes to traveling. My concern was that this was downtown, not the Plaza area. The Plaza Hotels were booked but we liked the pictures and the Ambassador's website. We ate dinner at the Bristol and visited power and light. We checked in late Friday afternoon. Check in was fast. The front desk boy who checked us in helped my wife carry one of her boxes and bags to the room. We tried to tip him but he declined to take it, classy move. The room was definitely modern. It had a new leather smell. We were on the 5th floor away from the elevator. The bed was very soft. The room was quiet and hallway traffic noise was not a factor. Modern elegance is only way to describe the whole place. Check out was also very easy. If I ever stay in downtown or have any friends and family visit I wouldn't hesitate to point them in the Ambassador's direction. I am surprised there has not been more local press about this place. Very cool spot. Great special occasion spot.

Room Tip: Noise not a factor...
1  Thank Jayhawks74
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I normally stay at the Hilton President for work, which is a very nice old historic hotel and I always get treated very well. On my last stay, I stayed at the Ambassador.

The Ambassador is a much smaller, boutique hotel which is in a very nice historic building. It was totally renovated with a pleasing mix of contemporary furnishings and decor but it still maintained the historic integrity of the original building.

My room was a standard size hotel room but with a large bathroom, a very nice walk-in shower and a single sink. There was a flat screen TV, a dresser, an armoire, a desk, 2 side chairs and a bench at the foot of the bed. My king sized bed was very comfortable with nice linens. There was a plush robe for my use hanging on the wall in the bathroom. A nice feature was the Keurig coffeemaker with individual coffee servings.

There is a bar/lounge/restaurant which is just inside the lobby. It is designed very nice, and looks modern and comfortable.

The hotel is brand new and as long as they keep it looking nice and clean, it should be very successful.

If I had my choice between the Hilton President and The Ambassador, I'd stay at the Ambassador because it is smaller, easier to navigate and the parking is more convenient.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank teddysmom3
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My gf and I decided to go to Kansas City for a weekend trip after a long work week. After seeing the reviews on TripAdvisor, we took the chance and booked a Bed and Breakfast package at the Ambassador and couldn't have been more satisified.

While it was a little rocky when we got there and the computers weren't working for 10 minutes, the minute we walked into the spacious,clean, and pristine room, we forgot all about the front desk computer and passed out. The showers are huge, the mirrors are lit, and the king size bed was comfortable. The staff was super nice and accomodating when we requested our breakfast orders and the bartender and waitresses in the beautiful bar they have on the first floor were super friendly.

The location is near the Power and light district which was only 5 minutes away by walking. We roomed on the 5th floor facing the parking lot and there was no noise so we can sleep soundly.

Overall, this was a great place to stay and would try and book a room here again if we ever decided to come back to KC.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

The hotel is gem in this city. The location is central to everything and the free car service makes it easy to get to restaurants, bars, clubs and for me the Blue Room at 18th and Vine. The staff were stupendous and genuine. They were without being pretentious and they are personally knowledgeable of the best places to eat and have fun. The bar is inviting and serving a variety of standard and eclectic drinks and cocktails. I would refer this hotel to anyone that wants a warm, exciting, comfortable place for business or pleasure. I look forward to my next stay...a real winner!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank moodyivan
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This hotel is beautiful! When we first walked in the decor is so modern, but inviting. The staff at the front desk were so helpful. Our room was nicely appointed. I love a hotel that has enough outlets for all my electronics. The room looked like something out of a decorator magazine! The shower was huge, the vanity was great and well lit. The room was clean. Loved the free wifi. We left our room to get something to eat in the restaurant. Our server was so knowledgable, was able to tell us about everything on the menu. There were so many appetizers so choose from we decided on the crab cakes and beef flat bread. Both were tasty goodness! The corn chowder was so creamy. My bf had their special which was duck and he thought it was some of the best he'd ever had. The restaurant was busy, but the seating felt intimate so you didn't notice the other customers. We were right by the Power & Light district, just a block or so away. I can't say enough good things about the Ambassador Kansas City. Great room, great service, great location. A must stay if in KC!

3  Thank ikedar