“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #9 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Minneapolis, MN
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have stayed here twice and my review is long over due. I was traveling for business during the winter of 2013 and ended up stranded in KC due to a snowstorm. The staff at this hotel took great care of me! I can't say enough good things! They even went as far as shoveling my car out of the parking lot! Great little bar/restaurant onsite and the rooms are appointed with modern amenities. The rooms are also clean and extremely comfortable. I try to stay here every time I am in town and recently stayed again a few weeks ago. Same experience--it was wonderful! The location next to the P n L area is perfect for evening entertainment if needed. I am also planning to stay at the hotel in Wichita soon.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MNTraveler82
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
How great to hear you have stayed with us on more than one occasion. The weather last winter was extreme, to say the least, and I am glad that we were able to make you feel at home. Our goal is to accommodate our guests in any way we can, delivering the best experience possible. It pleases me knowing we've given you that experience.

We look forward to having you again, and hope you enjoy your upcoming stay at our Wichita property.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
Liberty, Missouri
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed here for a night away while attending a concert at the Midland. Could walk to the venue, as well as The Power and Light District, and the Sprint Center, but, since it was raining, we took advantage of the hotel's shuttle service that will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. The concierge even offered to pick us up after the show. The room was very beautifully appointed, and the bed was extremely comfortable. I have back issues, so this is very important to me. I slept wonderfully. Our room was directly across from the elevator, yet we never heard a sound. It was so quiet and relaxing. The bathroom was luxurious, with a rain showerhead, lighted vanity mirror, vanity seat for putting on makeup, very art-deco!

The front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly, the concierge was wonderful!

All in all, our stay was just what we needed. A quiet, relaxing retreat after a wonderful concert! Thank you! You made our night away just perfect!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service, one of the many accommodations that set us apart from nearby hotels. All guests are entitled to star treatment, and our luxurious Cadillac Escalade certainly helps to deliver that experience. I will pass along your kind comments to our Concierge.
Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Very pleasantly surprised. We stayed in an executive King room for an event at the Midland Theater. The room was spacious and very comfortable. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The lobby bar is very comfortable also. These people seem to know the 'Hospitality Business'. Large rooms with large bathrooms all nicely decorated. The only negative we noticed was the amount of lighting in the room. We didn't really miss it, but if you were working at night it could be an issue.
We will definitely be back when going to an event at Sprint Center, The Midland, or most any downtown venue. They do also offer a complimentary car service within a 5 mile radius which should get you all the way to the Country Club Plaza based on my GPS.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
I am happy to hear you enjoyed the chic atmosphere of The Ambassador. We take pride in creating a warm, welcoming environment while also maintaining a sense of elegance. Regarding our complimentary shuttle service, you are correct in stating that we will transport our guests as far as the Plaza, Kansas City's destination for fine shops and dining. In fact, our central location means that any downtown excursion is merely minutes away.
We look forward to having you stay during your next visit to Kansas City.
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

WOW!...from check-in...we were early and room was ready!...SIZE of room...gigantic with ample lighting!...extra seating...two separate sinks in the bathroom!...huge walk-in shower!...comfortable bed!...tons of pillows...great mirrors...and QUIET!...wonderful bar and restaurant and the price was gray!...on-site parking too!...within walking distance to Sprint Center and Power and Light District...DO NOT pass this hotel by!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed our luxurious accommodations, and hope to see you again during your next trip to Kansas City.
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Stayed here for NIN at the Sprint Center on 9/30. We stayed two nights. Only two blocks from the Sprint Center and the P&L district with tons of restaurants, bars, and other stuff. Very easy walk. Free parking too!

Room was really nice with a huge shower and two sinks. Not sure if we got lucky but according to the fire escape map in the room, our room was at least 2x bigger than any other on the floor. As far as I know it was a regular room.

They offered a complimentary shuttle at check-in which we used to shuttle us to Boulevard for their unfiltered tour.

We did not have a chance to eat at the Reserve since there's SO many places to eat, but it looked very nice. Prices were comparable to the other restaurants in the area (10-15 for an entree).

This hotel is not a big building but we never even saw another guest except for a few in the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kevin C
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
I am happy to hear that you stayed with us during the NIN concert. We are located only 1.5 blocks from the Sprint Center which make for a great location anytime you attend an event or concert. As you mentioned our large rooms and walk in showers make for a very comfortable stay. I am glad you were able to use the hotel shuttle, we are happy to drive our guests within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. I hope you will think of us again next time you attend an event downtown.
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed here as part of a business function so I don't have any idea what it costs, but it was probably worth every penny. Large rooms and large bathrooms, especially nice showers. Décor is really nice. One negative about my room, the lamp had a 15 watt bulb so the living area was exceptionally dark. If I had time to read, I may have had to go to the bathroom area to see a book. The food was also above average for hotel restaurants. We had multiple meals provided for us and the choices and taste were excellent. Seemed more homemade than mass produced. And I may want to marry the person that makes the chocolate chip cookies in the lobby, they were awesome.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Jeff B
I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, we enjoyed having your group with us during your conference. I will be sure to share your comments about the food with Chef, and of course about his wonderful cookies!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I travel. A lot. I'm on the road way more than I'd like for work and the overwhelming amount of it is big chain based. For the most part, they do a good job of doing what they do. You know where everything is, the people are polite enough, the room is what it is, etc. Due to the rather sudden nature of this trip, all the chain places were booked and so myself and a co-worker booked two rooms at The Ambassador. Then, we spent the next three days at our conference telling anyone who would listen about how much we were enjoying our stay. The shuttle service and Robert in particular were so simple, accommodating, friendly, and helpful in a way that was just above and beyond. It was simply the best hotel experience I've had in what seems like forever. Just a gem, close to everything, super comfortable, beautiful rooms, great food, everything just terrific across the board. Well done to the entire staff, ownership, and everyone involved.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Greg S
Thank you for such a wonderful review of your experience. I am happy to know that Robert made such a lasting impression with you, we often receive great comments about our entire staff. Also thank you for telling others about our beautiful hotel, word of mouth is the best form of advertising! Best Regards