“Great New Hotel in Great Area, except for...”

Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed at the Ambassador KC Hotel in May 2014 for business.
The location is perfect, located in downtown about 2 blocks from Power & Light district. Bar and Restaurant on-site are nice and classy.
The hotel is about 1-2 years old, and the rooms are roomy and modern.
My only complaint is the fitness center as it only has 3 pieces of old equipment (bike, elliptical and treadmill). When I say the bathroom in the room was larger than the gym, I am not joking. A sign in the fitness center has a sign that states max. occupancy of 3.
Personally, if it is winter time, I may think of another hotel for the gym alone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for posting your review about your recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and you found the rooms to be large and comfortable. I will be pleased to share your kind comments about the restaurant and bar with our culinary team. As you pointed out we have an excellent downtown location. I hope you will stay with us again during your next trip to Kansas City. Best Regards!

There are newer reviews for Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection

Reviewed 14 May 2014

A fun and trendy hotel set conveniently close to many restaurants. A great choice for a business trip with some style. As you walk through, they have a large bar with a decent variety of alcohol. The surrounding tables also makes up the restaurant. Not a place for a private, romantic dinner but a great place to socialize and mingle.

The rooms are very nice and some are huge. My boss boasted a 2 story suite. My single story room was clean, stylish and comfortable.

A couple of cautions:
1) One of the smallest work out rooms ever
2) One negative if you are looking for a meeting room - the meeting room is in the basement and has 4 support columns in the middle of the room. For our group of 35, there did run into some small traffic issues.

All in all, I would be happy to have another meeting there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent visit. We enjoyed having your group with us and I am happy to hear that you would consider us again for your next meeting. As you pointed out we are a great size hotel for group meetings and events. I hope we will see you again in the very near future. Thank you

Reviewed 13 May 2014

A very nice boutique hotel, with wonderful room accommodations. Staff very helpful, rate reusable for such an upscale inn. Nice bar, good restaurant. Had the Carrot & Orange soup ... it was fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your review, we always appreciate it when our guests take the time to share their experience. I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit and our wonderful bar and restaurant. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Kansas City. Thank you

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Great food, modern rooms, Director of Operations, Shuk Kholtaev, makes your stay a joy by making sure that you have everything that you need. Kitchen was very helpful in making the requested changes I had to my orders. Shuk was able to bring in extra lighting so that it was easier to work in my room at night.

Room Tip: Ask to have extra lights brought in if the rooms are too dark. Hotel is good about meeting special r...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for your kind review, I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Shuk, he always goes above and beyond to ensure our guests are happy and comfortable during their stay. I hope you are able to return to the hotel again next time you are in Kansas City. If we may be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Pretty. Overpriced. No HBO or in demand movies. Charge of half room for late checkout. Power goes out. If you come in after midnight doors are locked and front desk person to open then stares at you furious from window. Parking is 18 dollars at va Bank parking lot that has a busted gate, no security. Staff is snotty. Room is nice. Good bed, nice bathroom, no tub. Overall you pay for the fancy lobby and to think you're cool staying in a "hip boutique" hotel. Only stay with a price special, which I did, and it's still a bit pricey.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pokergal123

Thank you for taking time to post your review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable beds and our large bathrooms. As a note we do indeed have HBO in our rooms along with numerous other HD channels for our guests to enjoy. I am happy we were able to accommodate your request for a 6pm check out, the half day charge for a late checkout is necessary as we were unable to book that room for that evening due to the late departure time. The charge for parking is standard for a downtown hotel and in line with what other hotels charge. I do however apologize for the gate being out of service during your visit, a new part had to be ordered so the repairs can be made. Finally I would like to apologize if you felt that our guest service was not up to our normal standards, this is certainly not indicative of what most of our guests experience. I hope you will consider staying with us again so you can have a more memorable experience, if you do decide to return please feel free to contact me directly so I can ensure you have a wonderful experience. Thank you

Reviewed 5 May 2014

From the moment we arrived, we were taken care of like we were the only guests in the hotel. The staff is very friendly and attentive. Complimentary shuttle service is amazing in a Cadillac Escalade, that can transport you within 5 miles of the hotel. Everything was great. If I had to find something to pick at, I would say the Wi-Fi signal is week up the upper floor in the corner suite, and not all restroom toiletries were restocked. Hardly a big deal...I would recommend this place to anyone for a special occasion. Location is great, and you can shuttle to many nearby places, including Crowne Center, Union Station, etc.

Room Tip: Free bottled water in the rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent visit, we are so happy that you enjoyed the hotel and our complimentary transportation. We are always very happy to hear that you found our guest service to exceed your expectations, we hope that you will be our guest again next time you visit Kansas City

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was throughly impressed and would absolutely stay there again. It was very well designed, the rooms were spacious and very comfortable. I really which I had to stay longer. NBA playoffs are on so I gotta go.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

I am very happy that you were pleased with your stay. Our team takes great pride in providing a wonderful experience for all our guests and we are always happy to read such nice comments. I hope we see you again very soon. Thank you