“Couldn't have been better.”

Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
“Couldn't have been better.”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here on a business trip and was absolutely blown away. From the room to the food to the service, everything was impressive and beyond my expectations.

My room was immaculate, well designed and comfortable. I really enjoyed having a Keurig in my room. The bathrooms were amazing, you could even see the TV from the toilet!

I had a great experience at their bar. The drinks, food, and service were all exceptional.

I honestly can't say enough about how impressed I was with the Ambassador.

• Stayed June 2014
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your visit, I have shared the wonderful comments with our housekeeping team and the bar staff. It is very rewarding to know that we were able to exceed your expectations! Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you return very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
Elkhart, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel rocks!! Rooms are very large and spacious. Beds are heavenly. Staff are friendly and helpful! We had breakfast there in the hotel before we left the next morning. Had a great stay. Would stay there again. Wish they had hotels all over and not just in a couple of cities

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time to post your review, I am very happy you enjoyed your visit. We are pleased you enjoyed our wonderful beds and that our great staff made a lasting impression, I hope you will visit us again soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Ambassador Hotel provides boutique luxury in downtown Kansas City. The staff was helpful and I enjoyed the bar in the lobby, which (like the hotel) had a unique decor. I traveled to this hotel on business and had some last minute changes of plans which the hotel staff helped me with, including an extended reservation. I would definitely stay there again next time I am in Kansas City.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review, I am pleased that our staff was able to assist you with your last minute changes. I have shared your comments with our team and we appreciate your nice review. Thank you
Cham, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Ambassador Hotel is situated in the center of Kansas City. The rooms are very generously proportioned and offer a great price / quality-space return. The rooms are quiet and the beds are comfortable. The staff are helpful and friendly. The restaurant provides good quality meals if one chooses not to venture out - I can recommend the short ribs. The bar tender also mixed a good rye-Manhattan. What more could one ask for?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to post your review. It is always nice to hear when our guests have a nice experience. As you mentioned we are in a great location and our rooms are large and spacious. I happy you enjoyed our restaurant, the short ribs are just one of many delicious items on the menu. I hope you think of us again next time you visit Kansas City
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I've never written a review on a place either good or bad. But this place was amazing! From speaking to Ellen (front counter). I had booked it through Expedia and had some technical issues stating it could not book. I called to book directly with Ambassador and they would honor the rate online. Apparently, Expedia had charged me already and Ellen made me aware of that.

The room was phenomenal! The interior decorator did an awesome job. It was very so much our taste, color, and décor.

Great complimentary driver to anywhere within a certain distance. Patrick was our driver and he got lucky and had him drive us around to a couple of locations within the night back to back.

The stay was so great that we woke up 30 mins before we had to check out and we were able to extend to a late check out.

We later had lunch at the Reserve/Bar. We had the server/bartender (Celia) to ourselves and she was wonderful. Great, Great service!

Last but not least, we left a pillow in the room and by the time we got to it the case was already sent to be cleaned. Brenda was able to retrieve it the next couple of days and sent it back to us!

I could not say more. We will not stay anywhere else when we visit Kansas City again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to write your review, I happy that your stay was so memorable that you posted for the first time! We have a wonderful team that truly cares about our guests and the experience they have each time they visit. I hope you will return again some day and thank you again for such an outstanding review
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Always enjoy staying at the Ambassador. Spacious, clean rooms with the best amenities. Friendly staff and excellent food. Very convenient and friendly transportation to business appointments and dining options. Always a welcoming place to stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and I will share your comments with our team. I hope we see you again soon!
Emporia, Kansas
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We love everything about this hotel! Such an attentive staff, large and beautifully appointed rooms, car service, and a terrific bar. We haven't tried the restaurant yet, but we have enjoyed the bar. We've stayed at all of the downtown KC hotels in the past, and this one is our favorite by far. We've stayed four times and would happily recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
We are honored to know that we are your favorite hotel in downtown KC. Our staff takes great pride in providing attentive service for all of our guests. I hope you are able to try Reserve the next time you visit, we have a very talented culinary team and I am sure you will enjoy the restaurant as much as the hotel. Thank you for posting your review and I hope to see you again very soon.