“Stop thinking and book it now!”

Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #4 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
New York City, New York, United States
“Stop thinking and book it now!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I cannot remember the last time I had such a good dining experience at a restaurant. Let alone a hotel restaurant. They make many of their ingredients in house, like the chocolate on their chocolate covered strawberries and some of the cheeses on their cheese and fruit platter and mac and cheese side dish. Also, their breakfast is phenomenal. I really cannot say enough about the head chef. The servers Anthony, in the day and Brittany, during the evening are two servers I will never forget. Very bright and wonderful people. The rooms are perfect, clean and up-to-date. The staff from the maid to the manager all provided the best customer service. I really could not complement them enough during my stay. They helped me make a four night stay for a conference into a wonderful birthday weekend for my girlfriend. These guys care about the small details.

• Stayed August 2014
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
It is such a pleasure for us to hear about your visit, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant and I will be sure to share your comments with our Chef, Anthony and Brittany. We are thrilled that your girlfriend had a happy birthday weekend and I hope you will stay with us again very soon. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Korean first
Waterloo, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

A very nice hotel! Within walking distance to the Sprint Center. Very clean & beautiful hotel. Front desk staff very helpful. We purchased a package called "bed & breakfast" which includes $25 for breakfast but the prices are very high & they add 20% gratuity so fat chance of getting breakfast for the $25.00. During checkout I found out about the 20% gratuity after I also added a tip to my excess that I had to pay over the $25.00. Total breakfast for 2 = $48.00! Woah! Because of how close the hotel is to the sprint center we would be likely to stay there again, just no more package "deals"

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for giving us your feedback about your experience. I am so happy that you plan to return the next time you visit downtown. As you mentioned we have a great location for guests that are visiting the Sprint Center, we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

After reading other reviews for hotels in the area we chose the Ambassador for our KC stay. What a great decision we made. From the time we checked in we encountered friendly and helpful staff and amazing decor. Upon checking in we ate in the restaurant (The Reserve). The food was delicious and the service was excellent. The room was over the top. The design of the room is genius. It was so well laid out and very spacious. You could tell all of the details were planned right down to the pocket door on the restroom to the convenient Keurig coffee maker offering complimentary coffee, tea and bottle water. The room was extremely clean (and I'm particular). The beds were VERY comfortable. The robes were a nice touch. The in room safe and refrigerator were an added touch. We had a second meal at the Reserve and was just as impressed as the first time. If you have a chance try their grilled cheese! We used the shuttle service to and from the convention center which was convenient. Overall we were so pleased with our stay and do not have any complaints. We look forward to a future stay with the Ambassador.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your nice comments, we are thrilled you enjoyed your experience. I am happy you enjoyed all of our amenities and especially our great restaurant, we have a fantastic culinary team. I hope you will be able to return for another memorable stay very soon.
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed here for a wedding while most other guests stayed at the Crown Plaza. They all hated their hotel and were kicking themselves for not booking at the Ambassador. I booked here because we've stayed at Ambassadors in Tulsa and OKC. We had the parlor suite which is wonderfully appointed but the selling feature is the extra 1/2 bath. Would book this room again (202). Burt, the shuttle driver is awesome! The hotel should value his employment because he is the perfect person for the job.

Room Tip: Room 202 was great--very roomy and comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
I am so happy you enjoyed your visit! Thank you for continuing to chose The Ambassador Hotel Collection for your accommodation needs, we are pleased you have such great experiences at all of our hotels. I will be sure to let Burt know about your kind comments he was recently our employee of the quarter and we value him and they way he takes care of all of our guests. We hope to see you again very soon.
Richmond
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We (my sister, my service dog, and I) spent one night after a 9+ hour day on the road en route to Montana. We were very well taken care of by the staff, especially Ellen, at the front desk. She drove us to a recommended restaurant for some KC burnt ends and barbecue and picked us up after a delicious dinner. We were really tired and it was so nice to be looked after. The rooms were beautiful and spotless. We had a nice quiet, restful night. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay, it is very rewarding for us to hear when we are able to exceed our guests expectations. I will share your comments with Ellen and the entire team. I hope the rest of your journey was safe and enjoyable and that you will return very soon. Thank you!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

A lovely hotel in the heart of the KC banking area. Great ambiance, good food, a lovely place to stay for business or pleasure trip. I would recommend the hotel to anyone who wants to travel to the city of KC

Room Tip: I was right off the elevator and not a sound was heard!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Patricia D
Thank you for posting your review and for recommending us to other travelers. We truly appreciate when our guests take time to share their experiences, reviews such as yours are very important in many potential guests decision on which hotel to chose. I am happy you enjoyed our wonderful restaurant and we hope to see you again very soon. Thank you again.
Ankeny, Iowa, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Checked into The Ambassador for a weekend with my husband with fairly high expectations given all the reviews. Upon arriving the hotel was nice but no wow. Looking forward to a room on the 7th floor I opened the door to a very spacious room and again was left without that wow I anticipated. The room was exactly as pictured in the photo but there was a lack of quality that I can't quite explain - little things like the bathroom sliding door which was ridiculously difficult to open and close and a bed that truly was not that comfortable.
We spent some time on both Friday and Saturday night in the lobby bar where a nice server was very attentive to us but that was because there was no one else to wait on. The driver was also very nice as others have noted so the car service was certainly a benefit for one evenings dinner.
Finally, I can't help but mention a small but quite annoying feature of this small hotel. The elevators are incredibly slow. I have never seen elevators that moved so slow. Certainly not the worst feature in a hotel but just added one last note to the stay that will likely lead me to other hotels in KC in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to post your review regarding your experience while you were our guests. I am so happy that our restaurant team and hotel driver were attentive and helpful. Please let me apologize that you did not find our beds comfortable and that other aspects of the hotel failed to wow you. I hope you will return again so you can have a more memorable experience. If you decide to return please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can ensure we exceed your expectations. Best regards!