“Tired hotel!”

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport
Ranked #39 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Hotel has seen one too many brand names. In need of a remodel. However, this property is a typical four points property. Staff is nice, shuttle service is stretched thin, don't expect to go anyplace but the airport!

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Given that I had an early morning flight out, it was convenient in that I checked in the evening before, parked my car in the designated parking area to leave for a week, and relax for the evening. The room was nice and the bed comfortable. I received my wake up call right on time, and when I came downstairs, the shuttle was there ready to take me to the airport and I was right on time for my flight to Denver. When I arrived back at KCI one week later, I made a call to the Sheraton, and the shuttle was there in 10 minutes to pick me and my luggage up. When I arrived back at the hotel, my car was there where I parked it and it was fine. The driver helped me load my luggage into my car. Overall, it was a great experience. I would go back, although I can't rte the spa or the breakfast , I wasn't there long enough to use either. Thumbs up Four Points!

Room Tip: mine was just a quick overnight stay, but my room was nice, clean and the bed was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Very good middle Class at this Four Points Hotel near Kansas Airport! It was our first time in that Hotel (recommeded by some of our Friends) and during this Trip, we did spend there 2 Nights. all was fully ok and we did liked this Hotel and especially their friendly Employees there. Breakfast Service was also fully ok, with good Choices of hot Beverages. Staff did give us also good Recommendation for some Restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Given that "Economy" parking at MCI, known locally as KCI, is now $7 a day, and may well jump another .50 soon, if you're booked on an early morning flight, need an airport motel for the night before, and will be away for a couple weeks, 4 Points' "park and fly" deal will save you money. Granted, you leave your car at your own risk, but the risk is minimal and that's why you have insurance. The overall quality of the accommodation may not be "Sheraton deluxe," but the p&f deal is nevertheless a bargain. The bar/grill serves large helpings of decent food and drink (including giant bowls of breakfast oatmeal).

Room Tip: I usually e-mail staff well ahead and follow their recommendations.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I paid extra to park my car in their lot fly out and return. I did this for several weeks with no problem. Last week I returned to find my car windows smashed in and my luggage stolen. I don't hold the hotel responsible for this but I do hold them accountable to their reaction. The management staff laughed when I went in to tell them about my car and ask for the number to make a police report. They did not come out and were not interested only to say they had this happen to several cars. I left. The next day I called back in and asked if they found my suitcase and such if they could contact me. The woman on the phone told me I had to give her a credit card number and pay for my belongs to be sent to me. That makes sense but how would they know if was mine? I inquired. She reponded that if was not her obligation to know, they would either send me stuff they found or not. I felt their response was unprofessional and I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

This Four Points seems to be in the process of a remodel. The lobby is nice, newer & clean. Some of the guest rooms seem to be remodeled, but others are definitely on the older side. I would inquire about which rooms are available prior to committing myself to stay here. It has been a long time since I ate at the restaurant, but I still hear good things about it.

Happy Travels!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The sleeping area of the room was ok, but just ok. The bathroom was in serious need of a makeover. In general the room had a cheap motel feel to it and not what I expected for something with the Sheraton name. We were given 2 towels, but not a single washcloth. Also, there was a stain on the tub and shower curtain that looked like blood and the trash can in the bathroom had not been emptied from the previous occupants (room 405 7/27/2013). We went to the restaurant for an after dinner snack and neither the food nor the service were good. Our waitress disappeared after our food was delivered and we had to ask another one for our check, who was clearly annoyed. Also, when we came in for the night the lobby had some sort of liquid spilled on the floor, but no safety sign up. And I noticed the next morning that the substance had dried, but had not been cleaned since it stained the floor a little. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family