“What a Wonderful Ending to a Long Day of Travel”

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport
Ranked #39 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Due to many storms and flying from the West Coast into Kansas City our traveling day would have been minimal, however turned into a very long day. We didn't arrive into Kansas City until after 11 pm and were exhausted. We had hoped that one more thing didn't get delayed in our already long day. We called the Four Points KCI for our shuttle service to bring us to the hotel, within no time at all Ryan was there to pick us up. Not only was he very quick to pick us up at our terminal, he was so kind and courteous, he was pleasant with a smile on his face while greeting us. He loaded and unloaded all of our bags with no question asked, he didn't expect us to touch one thing. Ryan made what was a very long and exhausting day end on the best note possible. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear SheilaRS,

Thank you for your recent stay and five star review. I especially want to thank you for recognizing our overnight shuttle driver Ryan. He does a great job and I am glad he could make a difficult day of traveling into a wonderful ending.

On behalf of the entire Four Points team we hope to welcome you back very soon to our newly renovated hotel.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

First off We were staying there due to a training exercise at Ft. Leavenworth. I was on night shift which means I had to sleep during the day. Where I was located on the first floor was right next to the elevator. It was very loud with housekeeping, guests, elevators, etc.. I asked the front desk to move and they immediately understood and moved me. Thank you Becky and Audrea (SP?).
Being stuck at the hotel we had no vehicles. Both these ladies would take us anytime we asked in a shuttle and waited for us while we shopped so we wouldn't be stranded.

The bar opens really early at 6am which is helpful when you don't get off and to the hotel till 1030am. The first night there was a special for free beer and nacho bar. I must say Katie handled everything perfectly with a full house. Tracy who I believe is the supervisor really should take some time off. I believe I seen her every single day . She was very accommodating and just overall great personality. Sarah and Kirk both are rockstars behind the bar. Easy to talk to and fast to serve. That's what makes a good bartender personally. You need someone who is personable and can laugh, joke and hold a conversation. The entire 2 weeks I was there, I had nothing but perfect service from the Staff. The maids on the other hand. Well, youll see what I mean if you stay there...

Room Tip: DO NOT get a room by the elevator.. Try a top floor and hope you don't have any kids on your flo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mikel J

Dear MikelJ,

Thank you for your recent stay and review. I wanted to let you know I have shared your great comments regarding the following staff members, Becky, Aundrea, Katie, Tracy, Sarah, and Kirk. Your recognition was greatly appreciated. I was glad to read you enjoyed most aspects of your two week stay with us. We value your business and your comments.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This is my second time staying at a Four Points by Sheraton and have loved it both times. The rooms are comfortable with plenty of outlets and USB ports for all your devices. If I was to point out a negative it would be that the elevator felt like a sauna with no air circulation to speak of. Other than that I am totally pleased with Four Points and will keep them as one of my top choices when traveling.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John K
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear John K,

Thank you very much for the five star review! We appreciate the comments and your business. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Points Kansas City Airport.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Location: Very close and convenient to the airport. There was little parking, however, and many people had to resort to parking on their lawn.

Room: We had a very nice, comfortable king bed. However, we were unable to fully enjoy it due to the paper-thin walls and our loud neighbors. We would have said something, yet felt it unnecessary as we were only staying the one night. The TV was nice, and had a decent amount of channels. The bathroom was also adequate.

Service: This was the real disappointment of the stay. After waiting a long time to check in, the concierge was curt and gave us a key to the wrong room. They fixed it when it was brought to their attention, though the bad attitude had already rubbed me the wrong way.

Food: The room service was excellent, and fairly quick. We each got a burger, which was delicious. Everything was priced reasonably.

Overall: There are other hotels in the area that I have had better experiences at for less money, though in a pinch I would be willing to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear AlexZawa,

Thank you for your stay and taking the time to complete an online review. I wanted to apologize for the service you received at check in, I have shared your concerns with my front office team. It was good to hear your enjoyed your room service experience. We have just completed our renovation and I do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for early morning trip. Check in quick and explained everything well. Room was clean and quiet, good night sleep. We had a couple drinks a the bar/grill good service avg costs. We used the shuttle to ap it was quick and efficient and they picked us up when we got back. The shuttle runs every 10 minutes 24 hous a day a big plus for early and late flights. I really liked our stay here will use again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank EddieT63

Dear EddieT63,

Thank you for the five star review! On behalf of the entire staff we were glad to ready you enjoyed your stay. Our parking packages and rooms makes it great for early morning flights as you had explained.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel Sunday night, June 8, 2014. We checked in about 9:30 from a full day so we were fairly tired. When we woke up on Monday morning my husband was covered with small bites on his entire torso. He had red stuff he thought was blood on his lower leg. We pulled back the covers and it appeared there was lip stick on the sheets from a previous guest. He told the lady at the front desk, who said she was sorry and she hoped he had a better day, she said would tell the Manager. We had to check out because of other commitments. My husband called the manager later in the day and he said the pest control checked the room and didn't find any bed bugs. When ask about the lip stick the manager said I hope you feel better soon and ended the call. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Check you mattress before climbing into bed!
Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Lakeozarkmo,

Thank you for speaking with me and again, I’d like to express my well wishes to you and your husband. Per my recent telephone conversation with your husband, we did have a certified pest control expert come to the hotel immediately after your report. After a very thorough inspection they did not find any bed bugs or any other insects of any kind present anywhere on property, per your husband's request I did send this report to him. As for what you assumed to be lip stick on the sheets, I addressed this with our housekeeping staff and they confirmed your room was fully serviced prior to your check in. We strive to maintain a very high standard of cleanliness and I have full confidence in our housekeeping team, but rest assured I did address your comments with the staff to ensure the proper due diligence is being upheld at all times. I sincerely hope the rest of your stay in Kansas City was enjoyable and if you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight before traveling, used park and fly. Good value for the money. Room was clean and quiet, even by the pool. The kids loved the outdoor pool. Had dinner with a very lively party of 24 at Boulevard and was very happy with the service and value. Great service from park and fly who didn't complain about a 5 am trip to kci in 2 vans and a whole lot of cranky kids.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear devo412,

Thank you for your stay and great review. We do have a great outdoor pool and I am glad you were able to take advantage of our area. Sounds like your vacation got off to a good start, I hope you had a great trip. We do hope to see you again when flying out of Kansas City International Airport.

Safe travels,