“Nice find and convenient to downtown KC, airport and metro area”

Courtyard Kansas City at Briarcliff
Ranked #35 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Kirkwood, Mo
“Nice find and convenient to downtown KC, airport and metro area”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed two nights during last few days of June. Had meetings in downtown KCMO and KCKS. This was less than ten minutes from both and maybe 15 minutes from the airport. It's a newer facility in a newer area with a lot of easy access. Good restaurants nearby and convenient to quite a lot of the KC metro area.

Service at check in was quite nice, quick and no issues. Room was very comfortable and typical of the newer Courtyards. Bistro is typical of the newer Courtyards as well and nothing of concern.

It does have a very nice view as it sits above the plains below.

I would not hesitate to stay here again. Most of my business puts me much farther south in KC, but if I were to be in the KC downtown or north side, this would be an excellent pick without the added cost of being in downtown.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Rigby, Idaho
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with a nice view overlooking downtown Kansas City and the Missouri River. The hotel is new, clean, and modern. I had a very comfortable room and slept very well on the bed. The internet was free and fast, the two HDTVs in the room had plenty of HD channels available. The only issue I noticed was the apparent lack of parking spaces, despite the large lot in front. It was almost completely full all afternoon and evening!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Columbia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My mom and I stayed here during a trip to KC to celebrate her birthday. The hotel itself is very nice, and it's a convenient location - only a few minutes drive to downtown KC. We had a balcony suite overlooking downtown, and have zero complaints about the room itself - it was clean, spacious, and quiet.

Our complaint was with the service we received. At around 9 PM, we went down to use the hot tub. There was some sort of dance or cheerleading event going on, and apparently a lot of preteens were staying in the hotel. They were "cheering" - complete with loud screaming (which echoed around the pool area), stunting (three people on top of each other and flipping into the pool) and acting completely inappropriate for a shared pool - to the point where other children in the pool area couldn't move and risked being hit by someone's "tumbling," and we were unable to hear each other talk while sitting right next to each other. Given that the parents were present and encouraging the behavior, we spoke with the front desk attendant, who said he would send someone to check it out. The person he sent was, apparently, a maintenance employee who quickly walked through the area, and proceeded out of the pool area to have a cigarette. When the behavior continued and we saw no hotel employees stopping it, we again went to the front desk (in swimsuits), where the attendant told us that someone had checked and hadn't noticed anything (what?!) but would check again. We went back to try the hot tub one last time, where I happened to overhear the employee/maintenance man telling one of the parents that WE were unreasonable, complaining, making a big deal out of kids being kids, etc. Yes, a hotel employee "bad mouthing" a hotel guest to another hotel guest. We scrapped the pool idea and went back to the front desk, where we asked to speak to a manager. At first, the desk attendant lied to us and told us there was no manager or other supervisor in the hotel. When the manager walked up behind him, he quickly changed his tune.

To her credit, the manager seemed genuinely concerned about how we were treated by her employees (though not about the kids doing stunts in the pool - isn't that a liability issue for the hotel if someone gets hurt?) She did comp part of our stay. I don't know if the safety issue was ever addressed with the other guests, or if the professionalism issue was ever addressed with the employee(s).

However, I do know that for the price we paid, we didn't expect a gymnastics event in the pool, and especially didn't expect to be belittled and lied to by hotel staff. We will choose another hotel next time we are in KC.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Kansas
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is a very nice hotel in an upscale area. The deck overlooking the city is wonderful. Great amenities. The server at the Bistro was trying to close but got us drinks anyway. He went out of his way with customer service. The only negative thing was the bed, it was awful! It had a dip in the middle and the pillows weren't great either. That is one time I wish I hadn't forgotten my pillow! I wouldn't be opposed to staying again but would want a different room in hopes that the bed would be better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hurst, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Visited hotel on 6/14 and when we go there is was about 10:30am. They didnt have any rooms available yet but after some helpful searching they were able to get a room for us. The rooms are great and the beds are very comfortable. Would stay here again

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Erick C
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 June 2014

If you are ever need a hotel near the Argosy Casino in Riverside, Missouri, I highly recommend this hotel. A+ on customer satisfaction. From the friendliness at the check-in desk to the roominess and cleanliness of the modern accommodations! When you open the door to your room...you will say WOW! NICE!! Granted it's not cheap...but you DO get what you pay for!

It's only 5 minutes down the highway 9 service road from the Argosy! And NO Cigarette smoke.

I rate this FIVE STARS!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I had the pleasure of booking a reservation with Kenneth Thompson, Front Office Manager. For my sister's wedding anniversary, I was on a mission to make this a special stay for her. Kenneth took the time to ensure everything was set-up perfectly and even went above and beyond by upgrading her room to a higher floor. His professionalism was truly appreciated and I am confident my sister will enjoy her stay thanks to all of his efforts.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
#50 of 109 in Kansas City
Candlewood Suites Northeast
Candlewood Suites Northeast
#55 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Courtyard Kansas City at Briarcliff? Share your experiences!