“It's like you stepped across the border and I don't mean State Line Road!”
Review of Paparico Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Paparico Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This is one of those places that when you pull up, you'll start wondering: What was this reviewer thinking? Believe me, get out of your car and go in! I love love Mexican food, and when someone told me about Paparico's, I was like: There's a Mexican restaurant where? Most of the crowd down in this part of KC go to Salty Iguana, Jose Pepper's, and Cactus Grill. I used to have to beg and plead to get my teenage son to go with me for mexican food, but no more. I love quesadilla's and this place has the best ones around. Steak, chicken, seasoned chicken, shrimp. And they give you a small side of guacamole unlike some other places that charge you. The chips are good. The salsa could be chunkier, but since I can have my quesadilla the way I like it (extra crispy) in the company of my son, I can't complain. You can entertain yourself by watching the Mexican cooking channel on the TV. I haven't been for breakfast, but they serve that as well. The margarita's actually come in margarita glasses. Who would have thought! It's definitely not fancy so go casual and have some good comida. It's like you stepped across the border.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Nice Mexican restaurant on the main drag of Wornall Road. Good parking! Family ran business with great service. The owner aims to please, dishes can to cooked to order.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

This restaurant was a random choice as I found myself in an unfamiliar neighborhood in South Kansas City, near the Kansas State line. I had the Tacos Al Carbon which basically is fajita meat in a soft corn tortilla. Very well executed and good rice and beans on the side. People with me had the Chicken fajitas which they enjoyed as well. Very friendly and attentive wait staff made everyone feel at home.