“A Great Time!”

Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A Great Time!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a great movie experience. Seating is very comfortable. Extensive menu options to choose from if you want food or beverages before or during the movie. You write up your own order, set it in the slot and the staff picks it up. (They do a really good job of staying 'out of the way' while the movie is playing.) Prices are reasonable (compared to buying food at a movie concession stand) and varied; in other words, there are lower and higher priced options. The sound and picture are excellent. And this is the only movie theatre I go where I do not see people looking at their phones during the show (texting or reading email or whatever). If this happens, you just fill out an 'order ticket' that states - "seat to my left is using cell phone" (or whatever). Put it in the order slot. It will be picked up and staff will watch to see if that is the case. One warning. After that, the person is removed from the theater. Note: Prior to each show, you are told this is the policy and what will happen if you do not follow it. Also, make it a point to use the bathrooms - they are quite special!

Visited March 2014

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Unique and Nostalgic!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I absolutely enjoyed my experience at this theatre. Excellent selection of beer and food for your dine in experience. I thoroughly enjoyed the nostalgic pre movie montages... Such a unique space and concept. I will be back!!

Urbana, Illinois
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Presentation will not dissappoint”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We walked here expecting your run of the mill, chain-like movie theater. Instead, we were pleasantly surprised with an experience. Seating is reserved and food and drinks are served in the auditorium. Make sure to show up early!

The presentation was excellent. As a former movie theater projectionist, I am picky and the picture and sound were excellent. The bass in the theater was impressive, literally rocking you in your seat.

My only complaint was seating comfort. The seats did not rock/recline. I would probably not choose this theater for a movie longer than 2 hours for comfort.

Visited April 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best theater in town”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Food is good, a little overpriced but good. Tickets are great price. Staff is friendly. The suites upstairs are top of the line. The bathrooms are glamorous! Drinks are good. Truth is I cant see a movie anywhere else in town. This place spoiled me!

Wichita, Kansas
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Great Theater!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I had such a fun experience at the Alamo! I loved that the waiters run back & forth to take your order, as stealthily as possible. Which at first I thought might be distracting, but I was wrong. Our service was fast & we had a great meal & drinks during our movie. I also thought their ad for no texting was hysterical! And as crazy as this sounds, the bathrooms are gorgeous! On my next trip to KC, I'll definitely be catching a movie here again!