“Still a classic BBQ spot”

Jack Stack Barbecue - Freight House
Ranked #6 of 1,505 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I hadn't been to KC for several years, but recently had an opportunity to visit. This was always my favorite spot so we tried it when we were there and we were not disappointed. We visited for lunch and of course had the burnt ends. They were as good as I remembered. We also thoroughly enjoyed some great sides including the beans, corn casserole and cole slaw. The service was exceptional as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,180)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I were in Kansas City to try some different BBQ. Jack Stack came highly recommended and did not disappoint. We had the combo plate beef prime rib, baby back ribs and burnt ends. Everything was delicious. The staff was very friendly and kept up on refills. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and can be reached via skywalk from union station which is convenient.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Was shocked at the deals offered during Happy Hour at the bar. I ordered the local Boulevard brew on tap along with 3 huge, freshly made onion rings and 2 pulled pork sliders. Food was awesome and the value truly refreshing. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been to this location and others of Jack Stack BBQ. This location is my favorite I feel it's roomier, more welcoming than some others.

The food is good. The service is ok and the ambience is spot on.

Good bbq but there is better in KC.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I look to try BBQ whenever I travel, this place is asking my favorites. The waitress identified that it was my first visit and immediately told me what to order. Sampler with burnt ends, ribs, corn bake and beans. It was amazing! Always listen to your waitress!

1  Thank Andrew H