“Kansas City BBQ”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
New Jersey
“Kansas City BBQ”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Never having been to KC before, I don't really have anything to compare this to but in my opinion it was pretty delicious! I loved the pulled pork and the brisket but wasn't a huge fan of the ribs (I thought they weren't saucy enough and seemed a little tough). The place was exactly what I thought it would be like - it's not fancy and not necessarily even clean, but it wasn't outright dirty and when you're with a group and having a couple of beers, you won't even notice. I did go with a vegetarian and options were (obviously) very limited - she just ended up eating french fries. But overall I thought it was a good authentic KC BBQ experience. I would like to try other BBQ places on future visits to KC but would likely come back here as well.

2 Thank Nicole P

Michigan
“Great Burnt Ends”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stopped for lunch today ab 1:00. Was not bad getting to off I-70 & following navigation system. Not hard or far. Located in an industrial area. There was a line but staff made it move along. Not high grades for bathrooms. Parking in their lot worked well. We were able to get back on I-70 east with no trouble. We were at Gates a couple years ago & this was much better. Service, burnt ends & pulled pork was great. The beans were very good! Good portions & took left overs to enjoy this evening.

We will be back.

2 Thank Herschel M
Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
“What is all the Hype about ?”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

On are Baseball trips around the country we visit BBQ joints. Most are decent and do a good job. Well lots of people and TV show mention Arthur Bryant. Well things must have change drastically for the BBQ we had was poor and the restaurant is filthy. The whole method of standing in line holding the door open for the flies to come and go to no AC inside , dirty dishes laying in the bus totes. Terrible.
I had the burnt ends BBQ and sliced turkey. Turkey was great tasty plenty large portions the other meat burnt end BBQ was mixed in with the Arthur Bryant special BBQ sauce. Way too much sauce and over bearing could not taste the meat. Other people with me had the Pulled BBQ pork same too much sauce. Other person had the Ribs , small portion over done not to meaty.
I must same the service was friendly. Life too short to waste your time and money at this overrated , living on it's reputation BBQ joint.

2 Thank wayfour
Evansville, Indiana, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WHY ?????”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Four of us were on our way to South Dakota on 8/9/14 and stopped there to taste what everyone was talking about. First of all, we didn't like how we had to stand in line in a hot small room. We didn't like the way we felt being rushed thru. I want to say that the ribs I had were burnt, hard and had no taste of BBQ. The so called baked beans were just a little more than pork and beans. I wouldn't recomend this place to no one. They must have a good PR who can get people to believe this place is the best. What a jolt they will get. If you want to taste what real BBQ ribs taste like, come to WOLF's in Evansville, In.

1 Thank Robert_SA5390RG
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“BBQ and Wonder Bread = Simple and Tasty!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

If you like genuine BBQ, this is your place. Don't be afraid to get the burnt ends and some greasy fries. This is a simple place with great food. The neighborhood may not be the best but the food is worth it and who doesn't want to eat at the original place!

1 Thank Jim I