“Large portions, adequate service, okay taste”

New Peking Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #249 of 1,447 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I had a hunger for Chinese and found this restaurant in Westport. The restaurant is not fancy, the manager doesn't seem to have much of a clue, and the service is adequate at best. I ordered the egg rolls which were pretty warm, nothing great but a good portion. I then ordered cashew chicken. Wow what a huge portion for $9.25. I was stuffed. While the portion is huge the overall taste is okay. It was kind of bland, but again I was hungry and wanted to get full. Will I go back, I guess if I'm starving yes. But if I want good flavor but with a smaller portion I would go to Bo Lings.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Our favorite Chinese restaurant.
Try the Chinese menu, be adventurous.
Great tasty food and good portions, always have lunch for next day.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

First when visiting this restaurant be careful how many items you order. I wanted to try so many of the dishes (and they were all good) but the quantity of food is huge. We have never gone and been able to eat all of the food, even with a large group.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

had dinner with daughter one Sunday evening. chose that place because of a groupon.Had frequent this place lots of times several years ago. Good service and servings were huge! Ordered the sesame chicken and orange chicken and wonton soup. Had enough for lunch the next day. Don't know why I stopped eating there but back on my list of restaurants.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

I have found my new favorite Chinese restaurant within probably a 500 mile+ radius. The interior atmosphere is clean and functional but not fancy - but don't worry about the atmosphere. The food is good. You have the option of "American" Chinese food or "real" Chinese food. The menu is large and there is plenty for anyone to have a great meal.

My selections were: egg drop soup, Korean-style kim chee, and the 1/2 roast Cantonese duck with white rice. The portions are LARGE and everything was great. Total price: about $22. You can't beat it. I'm in Kansas City for work every few weeks and will now make this place a regular dinner stop.

Located in the Westport neighborhood - walking distance to St. Luke's Hospital. No delivery. Don't miss this place!