“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tasty Thai

Tasty Thai
Ranked #263 of 1,406 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Not much to look at from the outside but they have a good Pad Thai lunch special. The red curry and shrimp is also recommended.

• Visited November 2013

Troy, Virginia
“boring...”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The food was overcooked. The waitress asked me numerous times if my food was too spicy. It was spicy but I was fine. Finally she admitted that she tried it and thought it was way to spicy. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why she served it to me if she felt that way. Having lived in No. Va and now Charlottesville, I have had too many great meals at wonderful Thai restaurants to find this place anything but exceedingly disappointing.

Visited October 2013
Houston, Texas
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I lived in KC about 10 years ago and we used to eat here a lot. My husband and I stopped in for lunch on Pad Ki Mao day, it was on special. He had the special, I ordered the sesame chicken which is a chicken breast, with cream cheese, fake crab, spinich, rolled battered and deep fried with some steamed veggies on the side.

Lunch was taking a long time which was weird because there weren't many people there. In fact I could see one of the waitresses sitting at one of the tables playing on her phone. The server came and told us it was taking a while and it would be "out of the microwave soon." He had an accent so I wasn't sure I heard him right. I had to ask my husband "did he just say microwave!?"

The food did eventually come, my chicken had a lot of soggy skin and the fake crab was in such a large chunk I tried it and it didn't taste right, ick. The veggies were not seasoned, nor was the chicken. Overall, my meal was gross. My husband on the other hand LOVED his pad ki mao.

The overall condition of the restaurant has deteriorated, there are stained ceiling tiles and dirty air vents.

Would I eat here again? No
Would he eat here again? Yes

But I am doing the review.

• Visited September 2013
“Good first experience!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My boyfriend had never tried Thai food and I've never had anything beyond Pad Thai, so we decided togive it a try. The Thai sampler was a good starter for newbies like us. The green curry wasn't quite for me, but we enjoyed the yellow curry. The girls that waited on us were helpful, bubbly and happy. I would recommend it and ask questions if you aren't sure about something. I loved the tea based on their recommendation!

• Visited July 2013
Kansas City
“Very Tasty neighborhood Thai”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Always friendly...always tasty! I personally love the Tom Yum soup, but my wife and son are loyal to the well known Phad Thai...ask for the spice tray and enjoy!

• Visited June 2013