“Top Class in KC”

The Fontaine
Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
“Top Class in KC”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hands down best hotel in KC. They have set the new bar. Stayed there with my wife and was in shear luxury the entire time. The rain shower was amazing. The service was 5 star. The rooms are very modern. Grabbing drinks at Bar Rosso is a must but stay for dinner because it was unbelievable as well. Definitely higher end but worth the cost for the service and food quality.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Sorella_GM, General Manager at The Fontaine, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
MartyMac8888,
Love the picture. We prefer a different team around here though! Regardless, we were happy to have been able to make your stay so enjoyable. Thank you for your review and for staying with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I was excited to visit Kansas Cities new hotel Sorella on the country club plaza. We went to the 7th floor bar with some friends for drinks and a bite to eat. Upon entering the bar area I was very impressed with the decor and atmosphere. A very cool vibe with good music and an outdoor deck with seating and a pool that overlooks the west side of the plaza. The bartender's were helpful although a bit frenetic, but understandable since they just opened a few days before. The drinks were good and the food was tasty. All was good until I asked for my tab. That's where things went down hill. I had given them my credit card but wanted to pay in cash which is a normal transaction at most establishments. This apparently was a big issue for Hotel Sorella, the bartender proceeded to tell me what I owed them but could not produce an itemized receipt. I found this rather puzzling as I was unsure what I was being charged for. I preceded to talk with the bar manager and he informed that they had a glitch with the computer system and were not able to give receipts for any transaction but that all was fine and that we should just pay the tab. I found this offensive as most people want an itemized bill at the end of a dinner as the can determine what they were charged for. The manager offered no excuses or apology for this so called glitch but said they would never cheat a customer. I told the manager that the bartender should have informed us before we ordered anything so we new the issues up front and could have decided how to proceed without evening. The bottom line is that the hotel management needs to be customer centric and be helpful, I found them to be uncaring and dismissive to our group. Not a place to frequent if your looking for good customer service.

1 Thank EuroUSA1960
Hotel_Sorella_GM, General Manager at The Fontaine, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
EuroUSA1960,
I want to apologize once again for not being able to produce your receipt. I know we did have many management staff speak to you that evening, and though a flurry of apologies did follow your encounter, there was not any way to get you what you wanted. We do take full responsibility for our technology snafu and we have been able to produce the itemized receipts since then. I want you to know that it certainly was not an attempt to be deceptive, merely an unforeseen technological fail. In the end, we still could not get you what you wanted and that point is not lost on us. We do hope to see you back once the dust has settled and I assure you that you will once again enjoy the food, drink and atmosphere with a much better ending.
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed here and can't believe how over priced these rooms are. The rooms are small. I usually stay at the Raphael but decided to give the place a try and see what the hype is all about. Their reservations people on the phone also have a attitude. It is neat on the inside, very modern, but I just can't justify the price. Maybe in the future Sorella, but this guy is going back to the Raphael... For now.

Chiefs6020,
Thank you for staying with us during our opening weekend. I am disappointed in our reservation agent's attitude. We quickly shared the review with our reservations staff and we will try to get to the bottom of it. If anything, it will be a reminder to always be on our game. I sincerely apologize for the behavior.

I respectfully disagree about our rooms being overpriced! Please excuse the list, but we do have a luxurious, modern décor with many architectural features throughout the hotel. We have 100% Egyptian cotton linens and terry, Carrera marble tile throughout the lobby and rooms, very spacious showers with an adjustable "rain" showerhead, hdmi ports on our desks to stream your own content with complimentary wifi, and a popular restaurant and bar on the top floor flowing out to a rooftop pool lined with a teak wood deck and a full length bench, inset surrounded by cabanas and a fire pit. A mouthful, yes and these are merely the highlights! You did end with the words "for now" so we can't wait to see you back sooner rather than later!
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We had a lovely time. Everyone was friendly and went out of their way to insure our stay will be remembered! Dinner was and presented beautifully . The room was very contemporary and very clean. We loved the shower facilities!! Agaain everything went well and we trully enjoyed our stay. We will be back!

1 Thank Ed B
Ed B,
Looks like you were the first to check in and the first to write a tripadvisor review! Thank you for taking the time to do so. It was our pleasure hosting you and we do hope to see you again!