The Fontaine
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$210
US$126
US$176
US$160
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$123
US$201
US$186
  • Restaurant
US$196
US$181
  • Restaurant
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$114
US$244
1,227 results
All reviewshotel sorellaeuropean breakfastrooftop barcountry club plazaloxfront deskhuge showercomplimentary breakfastrain showermodern hoteltop flooreach morningbreakfast roombreakfast staffwithin a mile radiusvalet staffvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Room was spotless with great attention to details: sheets, pillows, towels were world class. Rosso restaurant was outstanding with creative American food (despite the Italian name) and a decent VERY fairly priced wine list. Continental breakfast buffet was good, but setting--dark cocktail lounge seating and loud music-- not conducive to business meetings. All in all, a welcome addition to KC. Wish they would open one downtown.

1  Thank Robert G
Hotel_Sorella_GM, General Manager at The Fontaine, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Robert G,
It sounds like you are a seasoned traveler and we are pleased to have you review your visit. Great comments on our accommodations, amenities and food!

Our European Breakfast area is the most unique space on property and was modeled after a hybrid of a greenhouse and observatory as evidenced by the outdoor pavers for the floor and being surrounded by windows on three walls and a 1/3 glass roof. It can be susceptible to a darker feel very early in the morning or on a cloudy day. On the other hand, sunny days and even snow days really give quite a distinctive perspective!

We do apologize for the volume level you experienced. We will be sure to check the music level as it should be at a low volume to act as background music. The whirring of the cappuccino and espresso machine that produces complimentary, handmade beverages is the sound we prefer to promote! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I would like to compliment the service I received by Simone and Maria during breakfast downstairs. They were wonderful and attentive during my stay. Hotel Sorella is lucky to have these two working for them.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Hotel_Sorella_GM, General Manager at The Fontaine, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

JAD 735,
"Service, service, service!" The last three reviews all have service in the title! It is what we preach and we have wonderful associates that live it. Thank you for your review and for recognizing Simone and Maria. You are right, we are lucky to have them!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

From the greeting at the front door, to the desk personnel and culinary team, the customer service was excellent!! Ruth from Guest Services even let me borrow her hair spray when I called to ask if any was available for purchase.
The decor is clean and modern which is very refreshing.
I will stay here every time I visit Kansas City!!

Michelle L,
Thank you for staying with us every time you visit Kansas City. We will make sure Ruth is ready with the hairspray upon your next visit!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed four nights at the new Hotel Sorella in Kansas City and I have to say that the service was extraordinary. Everyone had a smile on their face and was ready to help you at any time. They always greeted me personally and made sure that I had a grey experience. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms spacious and new. All of those things are fantastic as well. The inly negative is a fairly small workout facility, but they drove me to a nearby gym every day to get my workout in! The drivers were very friendly and always prompt. I cannot recommend it highly enough. THANKS!

kgersch,
Thank you for staying with us. We were happy to make you feel taken care of at every opportunity. Four nights is a long time, so please do allow us to do anything more to make you feel at home upon your next visit. Any staff member would be eager to help.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Excellent experience! First let me start by saying THANK YOU EMILEE! She started this great stay off with making sure my requests I made with my reservations were met and taken care of before I got to the hotel. I've stayed at other local hotels, Intercontinental, Hyatt (crown center) and the Westin. Most of the time (other than the Westin) although I request a few minor things with my reservation I USUALLY have to request again once I check into my room.

At Sorella Emilee made sure the my request were taken care of before I checked into the room. Which was great, a pleasant surprise. when I arrived check-in was easy which was great because I had to go pick someone up from the airport. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The Valet was very attentive and prompt. My dinner reservations at restaurant Rosso was scheduled by Emilee and everything was taken care of to my satisfaction.

After dinner and a few cocktails at Rosso bar, the front desk even arranged for a ride to a store to get a couple of things for our room! Which was great, since we had a few drinks.

All in all this was a great stay and I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a VIP experience at a beautiful, modern amazing hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Terrance A,
I was happy to read about all the little details that we attended to that made your stay note-worthy! As you experienced, Emilee and all of our staff are eager to please. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review.