“Luxurious, fabulous and beautiful!”
Review of The Fontaine

The Fontaine
Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I had my birthday party there! Everything was absolutely AMAZING!!!! They have a 24 hour room service that is dynamite! Ill definitely be staying here more often! I highly recommend Hotel Sorella to everyone!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Hotel_Sorella_GM, General Manager at The Fontaine, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Sophiaemg13,
Happy belated birthday! Thank you for choosing to spend your special occasion with us. In orientation, we talk about our guests choosing to spend their special days with us. We emphasize the need to make sure to recognize that we have an obligation to meet the expectation of being treated accordingly exceptional and leaving with wonderful memories. We are happy to see that we were able to deliver on our obligation. Thank you for sharing!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have been to this beauty for a couple different occasions now; a friend's birthday celebration, drinks on a night out, and a business meeting. The staff is extremely accommodating and beyond gracious. Finally a sexy place that feels like an escape in the middle of my hometown. My experiences have been nothing but satisfying, with an accommodating front desk manager Mona who, always seems to go above and beyond. I am definitely looking for an opportunity to return to the hotel and recommending it to, not only people, who are coming in from out of town, but locals who are looking to mix it up! The food is delicious as well, and don't get me started on the Nespresso machine in the suites, what an absolute treat!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel_Sorella_GM, General Manager at The Fontaine, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Rae G,
It's great to have you as a local guest! One of the focuses for Valencia Group hotels is to create something that is a return to the day when hotels were the center of the community. A unique place with style and energy that is more than just a place to rest your head. All the great events happened at hotels from birthdays to weddings to the Heisman trophy ceremony! We are honored to bring something so distinct to Kansas City.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

They are still new so I'm sure the issues with rude staff(red head woman at check in desk mostly) and room cleaning will get ironed out soon. The perks are there but once the newness wares off, people will see that it's just a place to sleep at night.

• Stayed: April 2014

Hotelhotmama,
Your experience does not sound like the typical experience other guests have had. We do apologize for not being "on point" with you and your stay and promise that we will look into your feedback.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We made a very fast 1 night trip to KC for my husband's 50th. Hotel Sorella was the perfect choice. New construction hotel amidst older, quaint apartment buildings on the western edge of Country Club Plaza. Valet met us at the entrance quickly and we turned the car over for the night. Check in was friendly and fast. I had let the hotel know we were there for a special occasion and the desk agent handed my husband a card for a complimentary drink in the bar! They seemed to be fully booked for the weekend but we were given an upgrade to a junior suite on the top floor!

There are only a handful of guest rooms on the 7th floor due to the restaurant and bar being on that floor. The rooms are quite separate from the public spaces and were very quiet. We never saw or heard another guest. The room was huge, with a nice contemporary design. There was a seating area that contained a small sectional, a separate upholstered chair with an ottoman and a desk with office chair next to the flat screen tv.

Another nice touch to help us celebrate the occasion, a chilled bottle of prosecco and a birthday card for my husband were already in the room, as well as a plate of chocolate covered strawberries.

The bed was very comfortable and we slept like babies. Along one wall was a wet bar area with a long counter top that was handy for purchases from the Plaza. Also in that area was a small fridge we used to keep some bottled water and leftovers from the restaurant; nice touch. On the opposite wall, a wall of windows. The curtains did the job in the morning keeping the sunlight at bay.

On to the bathroom. It was very large. A double vanity AND a double shower. One end of the shower had a rain shower head and on the other side a more standard shower head, both lovely. The WC was big as well (fortunately NOT double!). The bathroom doors slid open and closed rather than having "normal" doors.

We had pre-dinner drinks at Bar Rosso, at the bar. Great bartender, great cocktails, great experience. The room was fairly full and overflowed into the outdoors pool area. Then dinner at Rosso. I had not set my expectations too high but I should have. We were seated immediately by the window and had a fabulous server. Also had a complimentary glass of sparkling wine to commemorate hubby's big day. We had a very relaxed dinner, sharing antipasti for two and splitting a bibb lettuce salad. I had a chicken dish, hubby had a sea bass dish, both very good. The cool thing about service was the good options for wine by the glass. As we had already had a cocktail and a glass of bubbly, we decided to do glasses rather than a bottle of wine. Being undecided on a couple of wines, our server let us try a couple before making a decision. Great feature to be able to "try before you buy". Got to try several wines we hadn't had before. We didn't try dessert but had a coffee and an after dinner drink to take back to the room.

Breakfast was a bit chaotic and crowded. That was the least satisfactory part of our stay.

Upon our quick checkout, our car was retrieved very quickly from valet parking.

All in all a perfect micro get away. We will definitely want to return to Hotel Sorella asap!

1  Thank clkc86

clkc86,
We appreciate the detailed narrative of your stay. Thank you for the wonderful compliments and we are happy just to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations. Please do make time to join us again. Happy Birthday to your husband!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I live in Kansas City, MO and wanted to try this hotel to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. My quick review and thoughts are, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. I do however have an issue I wish they'd address. While I very much appreciate people not being able to wear hats/ball caps while INSIDE the hotel restaurant, I have a problem when my husband asked to remove a Royals' baseball cap while we sat OUTSIDE for apps and drinks. There were no umbrellas or shade, and being a bald guy......sitting in the direct sun causes some issues for him. Yes, we could have gone inside; but it was such a wonderful day in KC, and given the fact that we were paying customers for the night, I think having to remove a ballcap is absurd and rude.

This was my only complaint staying at this hotel. Management: Please re-consider allowing your paying customers that are dressed in a proper, respectful and decent manner....to enjoy their drinks on your patio and be able to wear hats/ballcaps. You wouldn't ask a lady to remove a fashionable hat - men should be allowed the same courtesy while having to sit directly in the sun. Thank you.

Natalie Siegman

3  Thank Natalie S
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Hotel Sorella Country Club Plaza is exactly what the Plaza needed. It is a fantastic hotel that has a very boutique feel. Mona, front desk/manager, was absolutely incredible! We were on a trip for our anniversary and she worked with my husband to make the stay perfect. There were flowers and wine upon our arrival in the room, she set up a couples massage in the hotel, had two complimentary glasses of champagne at our dinner (this was at an off site restaurant, now that is service!). The restaurant and bar on the 7th floor offer amazing views of the city and are very trendy and lively. The complimentary breakfast is also great. We will stay here every time we come back to Kansas City. Thank you for such a great experience, this hotel is all about customer service!

1  Thank Darci W
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Great rooms, helpful and friendly staff especially Mona Brummett who went above and beyond to help me get a gift for my wife - thank you!
The hotel is excellently located for business or pleasure I will definitely be back!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business