“Superb place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Kearney
“Superb place to stay”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Could not have been nicer. Priced the same as much lesser quality hotels in same area. Continental breakfast was best I've seen, even an espresso machine. We will stay here every time we visit Kansas City.

• Stayed July 2014
Hotel_Sorella_GM, General Manager at The Fontaine, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Drboz5750,
It was our pleasure hosting you. Thank you for allowing us to be your hotel of choice in Kansas City! You mentioned the breakfast in Francesca's, the most unique area of the hotel. It creates an atmosphere reminiscent of a greenhouse or an observatory. Glass on all sides of you allows plenty of natural light. The floor is garden brick and flows out to our serenity garden. We do get many positive comments on our complimentary European Breakfast which includes imported meats and cheese, and fresh baked pastries. The whirring of the cappuccino/espresso machine completes the experience as do our wonderful staff. Glad you enjoyed it!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I really, really wanted to write a great review of HS but I honestly can't bring myself to praise a hotel that is careless with your car and you can't get a call back from management. I had wanted to treat my husband to a local getaway for our anniversary. We were so impressed at check-in with Bree and Emilee. They upgraded our room and sent sweets and a card. But it wasn't until we went out to dinner that we saw the substantial damage on the passenger side of our car. I believe valet is your only option for parking at this hotel, so what's worse is the valet on our ticket, circled the passenger side indicating that the damage was there upon check-in. This makes you question the integrity of the entire hotel staff. My husband spoke to the MOD and he was very professional. He went down to the garage and confirmed with us there was damage to show where the car hit. After a stressful night dealing with that, the next morning we had to talk to another manager. They promised to take care of the car and room--which was only after my husband asked. My husband has sent emails and called--and more than a week later, we have heard absolutely nothing from the hotel and our car is still damaged. Needless, to say this is not how we wanted to start out the next year of marriage--stressing over a car and chasing down hotel staff for something they are responsible for. It would be very nice of them to get some sort of compensation for the stress and trouble we are going through now. A free stay or dinner to redeem our experience would be welcomed but we can't even get a call back, so we'll just hope for that for now.

4 Thank Kcmar262
Kcmar262,
We take great pride in the experience that our hotel guests enjoy. It does make your review hard to read as we failed to "close the deal". Great pre-stay experience, great arrival experience and even great response from our management staff after the unfortunate accident. We should have done a better job of communicating and continuing to follow up. As you can imagine, it was something new for us and it is a lesson learned. We are deeply apologetic for the way we handled the situation and now that we have been in contact and processing the resolution, I hope that you will be able to return and stay with us. I can promise that your experience will be enjoyable, stress-free and you will be able to ride away without incident.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This Hotel's personal web page has a website promotion on it. However when I tried to book through it-twice-we never received a confirmation. The next morning I called, and after receiving many runarounds, I asked to speak to the manager. She said I probably punched a wrong number when I called!! Believe me I didn't! She said she did not see the promotion so I told her to google their page -it was pretty big right there. She did agree to honor the 25% discount but the rates were higher than what showed up the web page. I decided to take my business elsewhere. I have never had such trouble trying to book a room! I suggested they take the false advertising off the front and center of their web page if they won't honor those rates! And quit trying to pass it off on customer error!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank SSC607
Hotel_Sorella_GM, General Manager at The Fontaine, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
SSC607,
While I do not have the full details of your situation, we certainly do not want to inconvenience any future guests. Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations. We are currently looking into the situation and will be sure to update you.
Topeka
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely gorgeous hotel. You feel like you're really getting away from everything here. The staff is extremely friendly and you can always guarantee you are in good hands. Rooms are beautiful and wonderful location - close to great shopping and restaurants.

Stayed July 2014
Optimistical,
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We can't wait to have you back!
Reviewed 8 July 2014

First and foremost, I am very impressed with this property. Everything about it is AMAZING!!! The very moment my husband and I arrived we knew that we were definitely going to enjoy ourselves.We arrived early, a few hours before normal check in and were very happy that they were able to accomodate us with an early check in. Tyler the front desk agent, was very nice and pleasant. Our room was SPECTACULAR and I fell in love with it the moment we entered. The bar and restuarant was very nice, clean and classy. The pool was a bit smaller than I expected but still a nice chill spot. Though this place can be a little pricey it is DEFINITELY worth EVERY PENNY SPENT. So relaxing, so beautiful and SO UP TO DATE.

Yes, yes, yes!! I will definitely be staying at Hotel Sorella Country Club Plaza again, no doubt about it!!

Erica W,
Thank you so much for your glowing review! It makes us beam with pride to make you and your husband so happy!
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I regularly attend meetings at this hotel. The valet attendants are timely and friendly. The breakfast staff are always willing to accommodate needs and are always smiling. I always enjoy my time at hotel sorella!

• Stayed July 2014
Rachel Y,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We hope to hear from you every time you stay! We will continue to make your stays wonderful and please know that our management staff is always as eager to assist as are the valets and breakfast staff. I hope you have joined our VVIP program to get complimentary rewards for staying with us such as free room nights, upgrades and F&B certificates.
Randolph, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I reserved a room at this hotel for our anniversary. On arrival the clerks found a minor glitch in our reservation but upon learning of our anniversary upgraded us to a junior suite. The room was huge, the bathroom huge. The bed was so cushy soft it made sleep a breeze and we found the hotel extremely pleasant due to the extraordinary care given especially by the valet staff (this is a valet parking only facility). The care given to personal attention was wonderful, a real treat for our special stay in the city. I would note that the potty itself is in a very narrow portion of the bathroom, but the walk in rainfall shower was big enough for at least two and there was a double marble vanity (two sinks) just gorgeous. I would highly recommend this hotel!

1 Thank Donna B
Donna B,
Congratulations on your anniversary! We are happy to have been able to treat you to a wonderful stay. The showers are actually said to hold at least 6 people by some guest estimates and the Presidential Suite can hold a dozen. These are all urban legends, but the showers in all rooms are equipped with an adjustable rain shower head and are very spacious! Bath sheets made of Egyptian cotton linens and custom amenities created by Lather add to the experience. Thank you for staying with us and recommending our hotel!