“An experience worth having.”
Review of Manifesto

Manifesto
Ranked #2 of 73 Nightlife in Kansas City
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I made my reservation via text. Because it was just my girlfriend and myself we were seated at the bar. The drinks were delicious and the staff was talented. It was fun to just sit and watch the bartenders work really hard. There was good music on the stereo. I'm not sure what else there is to say. It's just a dark bar deep in the basement. A different experience for sure - an experience of exclusivity, an experiencity of quality: quality drinks made by a staff that knows what it's doing.

1  Thank Brendangallier
"drinks were delicious"
"secret entrance"
"dimly lit"
in 2 reviews
"reservation ahead of time"
"unique experience"
"prohibition"
in 9 reviews
"kc"
in 22 reviews
"era"

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Although hard to find, this bar oozes character and is a throw back to another era. Manifesto recreates the atmosphere of a speakeasy from the Prohibition era. To gain entrance, one must navigate an alley, fences and enter a code to be buzzed in. That enables you to walk down a dark set of stairs with low clearance and experience what life must have been in the early 1900's for those seeking a cocktail. No beer or wine is available, only a plethora of creative and delicious drinks to be chosen by candle light from a menu on each table. The servers are extremely knowledgeable and will answer any & all questions you may have. Make sure to visit the Men's room with its homage to Al Capone.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

A for real speakeasy, guarded and barred door, dark, steep steps to the basement lounge and bartenders who can shake two cocktails at a time. Take a trip back to Prohibition and enjoy. Reservations are generally a must! Steep,really steep, steps and caution is encouraged...no elevator so you are on your own up and down. Young crowd but not rowdy. No music, no smoking, turn your cell phones off and enjoy the atmosphere.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

If you want a true culinary experience with flair and a show....go here! The bartenders in their own right are artists of their craft. I cannot believe how they keep up. We sat at the bar and were just amazed by the talent and knowledge that flowed out of the two bartenders. My boyfriend and I both tried 3 drinks each. Many would say prices are steep at $11 each, however, these are not drinks you just throw back into your gullet. These are drinks you experience and savor and enjoy. If you want rock gut for a few dollars, you can find that somewhere else! But here it is top notch and nothing but the best. By far my favorite was the Red Bell, as is many others who have reviewed. It is such a refreshing, simple, and yet intricately complex drink. My boyfriend ordered a French 75 with a splash of absinthe. Wow, that is all I could say about that. He said it was the best French 75 he had ever had. We talk about going back all the time, and will shortly. It is by far the best experience we have had while enjoying a drink. This is definitely worth the trip. And it is so cool to be ushered down the dark corridor in a hush hush manner. It almost feels wrong...which is why it feels so good!

1  Thank Okieamber
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I are not big bar-goers, but heard about this place and had to go (gotta love a good cocktail!). Actually, I surprised him with reservations here and I can't imagine what must have been going thru his head when we passed the restaurant and headed for the dark ally. Never been to a place like this and doubt I'll never again. So darn cool. Drinks are pricey, but incredible. Sitting at the bar was a treat because we got to watch these bartenders/artists make these creations. Can't wait to take friends there!!

2  Thank Yvonne0426