“Amazing Ice Cream”

Cold Stone Creamery
Ranked #20 of 47 Dessert in Kansas City
Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

Stopped in here while walking around on the plaza to get some ice cream and boy am I glad I did. The staff was friendly and the choices were unlimited. I ended up with one of the signature flavors and it was delicious. Definitely give this place a try when you are on the plaza.

Reviewed 1 January 2016

Anytime you can pick the creamiest ice cream ever and your favorite toppings like a buffet, you're in for a moment of sweet tooth paradise. I'm like, "Oh Sweet Jesus!" as I get my usual caramel ice cream with bananas and chocolate & nuts on top.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

My husband and I were right behind a few other ladies entering the establishment and I noticed a young male worker who was just about to leave, probably on break and he saw us all coming and gladly went right back inside and helped wait on all of us. Cold Stone is a favorite of my husband and I and I have to say back here in Minnesota, every one I've ever been in, the staff is generally crabby. It was nice to see such friendly staff, but then again, that has been our experience in KC every where we go.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

We spotted Cold Stone during a 3-day stopover in Kansas City so of course we had to stop for cone. Hubby always has the Chocolate Devotion and I like the Butter Pecan, but there are lots of flavors to choose from. (And they won't sing if you ask them not to; I think they prefer it that way.)

Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

It was 8:55pm. The sign said they closed at 9:00. They literally saw us all, and as if having their doors locked early wasn't bad enough, after seeing us they intentionally shut all the lights off while we were standing out front. As we walked away they turned the lights back on. The only reason we noticed was because I needed their address and a picture so I could leave a negative review here. When they saw me taking pictures. One guy came over, unlocked the door, and proceeded to tell us due to Labor Day they were closing early. Really...at that point there was no point to close early and furthermore if you're going to give lousy holiday weekend customer service there is no point in coming to your own defense. In retrospect we should have just looked at all the negative reviews you all have first and considered it a blessing. We were a party of 20. Multiple that by at least $6/person and your business lost out on $120.00. Your loss!