“Awesome vegetarian / vegan food!”

Eden Alley Vegetaria
Ranked #146 of 1,415 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Feeding hungry people since 1994, Eden Alley features a relaxing atmosphere and passionate food to energize you. We combine Traditional, Organic and Local ingredients to create a "Divine Flavor for the Conscious Eater." From their Farm to your Table...our food is hand-made, and completely Vegetarian including Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free and Nut-Free choices. Exquisite meals that make you feel good and live healthier using the flavors and vitality of nature's ingredients. With 120 seats, our Vegetarià (vegetarian cafeteria) is large enough to easily accommodate you...even large groups are no problem. There's rarely ever a wait for your table...and dining on our Garden Patio features a beautiful street level view of the Plaza. We offer fast and scrumptious Lunch. Luxurious and delectable Dinner. Imaginative Saturday Brunch from 11-4, featuring vegetarian and vegan breakfast items. Fresher than fresh Micro-Specials...limited quantities and only available while they last. Free WiFi : ) Part of the solar powered COMMUNITY on the Plaza...lower level of Unity Temple.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awesome vegetarian / vegan food!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My coworker and I came here two nights in a row because the food was so great! Like other reviewers stated, it's a little hard to find since it's in the bottom floor of a church, but it's a very laid back atmosphere and the wait staff was very friendly. I had the spinach and mushroom loaf (AMAZING!!) with vegan cashew cheese, the avocado vera cruz, and the curry lentil burger. We also had the chocolate chip vegan cake and the orange/chocolate chip/coconut cookie (all over two nights, of course!). We loved everything! My absolute favorite item was the spinach and mushroom loaf... seriously the most delicious thing ever!

In general I really liked how fresh the food was, and how flavorful everything tasted. I liked the trio option, where you can pick 3 items off the menu - first, it says anything on the menu and it really means anything (I was expecting some exceptions, but nope!) and those three plates are very decent sizes. We left both nights very full and satisfied and honestly would have eaten there a third night if we had stayed longer. Awesome place, I definitely recommend it!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Lindsay B

Gainesville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious vegetarian food!”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My sister chose this restaurant to show off Kansas City, MO's vegetarian restaurants and we were so delighted by the food! The food was well priced and the food options were unique. I am glad that they had a wider array than most other vegetarian food places.

When I return to KC, I will definitely request that we visit this restaurant again.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank sa c
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Healthy Has Flavor!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Casual laid back atmosphere, great coffee, and Flavorful Food. There is NO MEAT. My sister and dad don't like this style of food, so it may not be for everyone. Fantastic brunch menu!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Joshua J
Olathe, Kansas
“Great Food! Great Vibe!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I am not a vegetarian but this is my favorite restaurant on The Plaza. No matter what you order you can count on it being top notch delicious. The food has been consistently excellent for at least 16 years. They use the freshest ingredients to create dishes full of great complementary flavors. My husband enjoys eating at this restaurant even though he is a total carnivore. The atmosphere is very romantic so it's a great place for a date. There's always new artwork for sale on the walls so you'l have plenty to talk about and look at. However, this is the one place I could take my kids when they were little as there is a great play area in one corner of the dining room. You are in for a treat at this restaurant and you'll never miss the meat!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Theresa S
Baltimore, Maryland
“Hard to find tasty brunch”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We had a fun brunch with family but had a hard time finding it. Luckily some locals guided us in. It is in the basement of a renovated church. Fast and friendly service. Food was great. I had the Indian breakfast burrito, that was yummy. None of us were vegetarians or vegans but we wanted something different for brunch. This fit the bill.

Visited October 2013