“A healthy escape”

Ranked #120 of 1,460 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Feeding hungry people since 1994, Eden Alley features a relaxing atmosphere and passionate food to energize you. We combine Traditional, Organic and Local ingredients to create a "Divine Flavor for the Conscious Eater." From their Farm to your Table...our food is hand-made, and completely Vegetarian including Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free and Nut-Free choices. Exquisite meals that make you feel good and live healthier using the flavors and vitality of nature's ingredients. With 120 seats, our Vegetarià (vegetarian cafeteria) is large enough to easily accommodate you...even large groups are no problem. There's rarely ever a wait for your table...and dining on our Garden Patio features a beautiful street level view of the Plaza. We offer fast and scrumptious Lunch. Luxurious and delectable Dinner. Imaginative Saturday Brunch from 11-4, featuring vegetarian and vegan breakfast items. Fresher than fresh Micro-Specials...limited quantities and only available while they last. Free WiFi : ) Part of the solar powered COMMUNITY on the Plaza...lower level of Unity Temple.
Reviewed 8 April 2014

A great place for a quite, healthy meal in the middle of what can be a somewhat touristy place, the plaza. Menu is experimental yet approachable, everything always taste fresh and friendly with a welcoming familiarity. Great weekend date night specials, $30 App, 2 entrees and desert. Can't beat that!

1  Thank Rae G

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

My husband was really reluctant to try a vegetarian/vegan restaurant, but he loved it. The food is delicious with lots of great items to chose from. The iced tea is delicious and refreshing. If it's nice out sitting on the patio is perfect. The Plaza is my favorite in the spring and we go here every year.

1  Thank Ashowers08
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My coworker and I came here two nights in a row because the food was so great! Like other reviewers stated, it's a little hard to find since it's in the bottom floor of a church, but it's a very laid back atmosphere and the wait staff was very friendly. I had the spinach and mushroom loaf (AMAZING!!) with vegan cashew cheese, the avocado vera cruz, and the curry lentil burger. We also had the chocolate chip vegan cake and the orange/chocolate chip/coconut cookie (all over two nights, of course!). We loved everything! My absolute favorite item was the spinach and mushroom loaf... seriously the most delicious thing ever!

In general I really liked how fresh the food was, and how flavorful everything tasted. I liked the trio option, where you can pick 3 items off the menu - first, it says anything on the menu and it really means anything (I was expecting some exceptions, but nope!) and those three plates are very decent sizes. We left both nights very full and satisfied and honestly would have eaten there a third night if we had stayed longer. Awesome place, I definitely recommend it!

1  Thank Lindsay B
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My sister chose this restaurant to show off Kansas City, MO's vegetarian restaurants and we were so delighted by the food! The food was well priced and the food options were unique. I am glad that they had a wider array than most other vegetarian food places.

When I return to KC, I will definitely request that we visit this restaurant again.

1  Thank sa c
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Casual laid back atmosphere, great coffee, and Flavorful Food. There is NO MEAT. My sister and dad don't like this style of food, so it may not be for everyone. Fantastic brunch menu!

1  Thank Joshua J