“Avoid This Place”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #96 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My main complaint is that the hotel is in a bad neighborhood. Lots of shady characters in the area and hanging out in the parking lot. The hotel is also far from any tourist attractions. There are several fast food places in the area, but that's about it. The room was also smelly and bleak. I would definitely pay more money to avoid this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Chad A

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is the first review I have ever written about a hotel. This place was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at with my family. The guy at the front desk could not understand simple requests such as "microwave & fridge" (which our booking clearly said was included in our stay;) "extra bed sheets" for our child, he didn't know the word "sheets", and "roll away bed" - apparently that was a new concept too. We had 6 people in our party and 2 bath towels, when I asked for 4 more towels, I was told that all towels were in the dryer and they could only give me 2. I should mention that the hotel was empty apart from a handful of other cars in the parking lot; I seriously doubt that all towels were in the dryer. Every request I made was met with a 'no' answer. I went to find out what they had for their "free breakfast" and found a small coffee carafe that was filled with lukewarm coffee and one empty tray of something that wasn't there anymore (I should note that breakfast was still to go for another hour). The room itself was stinky, the beds were awful and gave me a back ache that took half a day to get rid of. The walls were sticky, and the floors were dirty. The pool was closed for 'repairs' but no one was working on it and the front desk could not tell me when it would open. We didn't pay much for this hotel and got what we paid for but seriously this is not worth a dime! STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gideon2014
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The surroundings are barely safe, lots of junkies around , but the room itself is fine. nothing to do in the neighbourhood. for 40 dollars it worth the value but not more; for this price you get a king, frigde and good wifi.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Room was nice and clean for the cost. Will stay again on next trip in town. Room was near a large outdoor pool but was closed for winter. Flat screen TV was a nice touch. Staff was helpful when needed a microwave and refrigerator in the room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ash P
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Room looked old and outdated. I went to the front desk to ask for a TV remote because our room didn't have one. The guy behind the desk said that he would look into it and never showed up. I woke up the next morning with BED BUG bites all over my body. TERRIBLE.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Friendly customer service. Great breakfast choices. Working hard on fixing all the rooms up. No pest problems. Extermination once a month. Front desk is very helpful. Pool is a nice size surprisingly can't wait to swim in the summer. Rooms are a nice size.i have a HUGE bed.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This place is badly in need of updating either demolished or gutted and remolded. It is just old and in need of TLC. Paint peeling off the wall, dark worn out carpet, shower missing parts and other items too numerous to list them all. Some of the staff were friendly and helpful others not so much. The continental breakfast was pre-wrapped pastries and the coffee pot the only beverage was empty. Other ABVI have been fine but this one will drive business away.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Hampton Inn Belton / Kansas City area
Courtyard Kansas City South
Courtyard Kansas City South
#48 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!