“Outstanding Manager!”

WoodSpring Suites Kansas City South
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I am a Fiber Optic contractor and travel all over the country. I had an unfortunate problem come up and the Manager Pete was very understanding and helped me be able to stay in KC at the Value Place. He showed true professionalism mixed with compassion, which is unfortunately a combo that seems to have dissipated from most hospitality establishments. I would and DID recommend another contracting crew to come stay at this hotel. Pete has integrity and good people skills that will undoubtedly make your stay a good one!! Thanks Pete! gt

Room Tip: If at all avoidable stay on the opposite side from the Interstate.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Kansas City South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for your comments. I'm sure that Pete appreciates them as well. We are very happy we were able to help you when you needed it. Thank you for referring another crew to us. That's the best compliment we can receive. We hope that you will think of Value Place the next time you need a place to stay.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Your pleasant experience here starts as soon as you call. The first person I spoke to out of their wonderful staff is Pete. He is so friendly and caring as are the rest of the staff always greeting their residents, handling things in a timely manor, and keeping their hotel clean. As soon as I called they let me know they have been remodeled, let me know their rates and saved me money. I was given a tour of the hotel by Lisa. Very sweet, she also let me know all the rules and helpful information for my stay here. I feel comfortable calling them with any additional questions, they are never rude. The room is wonderful. clean full fridge everything wiped down and shining, flat screen TV and comfortable bed. The studio has just enough space for my boyfriend and I. The location is great, it's quite and I feel safe. I used to live around this area so you have a lot of things close by. Stay at this location people you will love it!!!! We do :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will consider Value Place the next time you find yourself in need of a place to stay.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The Value Place at 11301 Colorado Avenue, is super clean.

The staff is professional, respectful and willing to go the extra mile.

Since the new Manager Peter Cooper has been there I;ve seen additional cosmetic improvements inside and out.

The atmospere is family friendly, however you will still enjoy the stay if you're solo.

Thank you.

Juanita

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Juanita L

Thank you for your feedback! We always appreciate it when our guests take the time to post a review. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will think of Value Place if you ever find yourself in need of a place to stay.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

The rooms have all been remodeled and they are very nice, new flooring (no more carpet), longer beds, brand new, 32" inch TVs. The staff was all very friendly and the prices were affordable to fit my needs. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask the staff about your preferences, they really are very friendly.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank anonymous191Missouri
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Kansas City South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate all feedback we receive from guests. We are very please that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

DON"T STAY!!!! I was awaken by a roaming RAT rummaging through the cabinets and eating my food. When I called the maintenance emergency line at 5 am.. he was quite annoyed for the wake up call and said this is not an emergency to wait till 9am when the manager comes in. REALLY???? There was an apology from the manager promptly at 9am - along with a "I was aware of this problem but thought it was taken care of" excuse. One would think the three days I stayed would have been returned to me as I had to pack immediately and sleep in my truck in the parking lot this last day, as no one was around to handle this situation. Totally disgusted!!! As I am an out of town worker, this place will never be recommend to any of my co workers, nor will I ever stay at a Value Place again.... They did not handle this situation appropriately.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Blackhogdown1

Thank you for the feedback. I apologize that you had this experience in our hotel. We pride ourselves on being the best experience for our guests. Please know that we take your feedback very seriously. Steps have been taken to ensure nothing like this happens again. We sincerely hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Pros: none

Cons: smelt like stale cigarettes, reminded me of a dreary hospital, staff are rude and unfriendly, no wifi, there's nothing close by especially in the way of food so definitely don't stay here if you don't have a car, they didn't have any kitchen packs so not only was there no food close by, I couldn't even cook anything (they didn't even have a toaster so I couldn't make something as simple as toast), it was tidy but the stains on the chairs and the old carpet made it look and feel dirty. I was supposed to stay a week but I stay less than a day, requested a refund and got a room at another hotel down the road.

Overall: It is cheap but it is really nasty. Don't recommend it at all.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank casham27
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My boyfriend was transferred to the Kansas City area for work. We got on the computer to find him an extended stay hotel for his first couple of weeks, and found one very near to his place of work. Upon check in, we realized this was not the place for him. Many of his co-workers suggested Value Place for him to relocate to, so he decided to give it a try. I came to town to help him find an apartment, and stayed with him at Value Place. I found it to be a clean facility, and would stay here again. The room had a kitchenette with a full size fridge and plenty of cabinet space for storage. The rooms are all non smoking as is the whole building, so none of the stinky smoke smell. I would recommend Value Place to family and friends. The only negatives would be no WiFi ( you have to hook up to interenet with a cable), and they could use curtains over the blinds in the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business