“I would come back- great experience”

Hilton President Kansas City
Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We went out downtown Kansas City for my birthday, and the hotel staff even gave us free cover passes to Power and Light District. Between the group of us, the passes saved us $150! I had a great time and would recommend this place for anyone. It was a bit pricey, but I had shopped around and this was one of the better deals for downtown hotels.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thanks for the great review. Great to hear the staff took such good care of you. We take great pride in providing the finest guest services in Kansas City. With so many hotel choices in Kansas City, we certainly think we offer the finest service, location and product. We hope to see you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Hilton President Kansas City

Reviewed 6 September 2013

The staff at the Hilton President was AMAZING!! They made me feel welcome and pampered from the moment I walked in the door. We dined in the restaurant and attended a wedding on-site. Service was great from restaurant, bar and banquets. Location is soooo close to many activities and concierge was very knowledgeable. I would recommend the hotel to any one looking for a weekend getaway or event. Sami the Wedding Coordinator was very professional, detailed and a pleasure to work with. Thank you for all your service!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks so much for your review. And first and foremost thank you for the kind words about Samie. She is a true hospitality professional in every sense of the word. I am so pleased you had a wonderful visit and the wedding was a success. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

My room was quiet and not bothered by the country music concert that was occurring nearby that evening. The staff put me in a room at the front of the hotel, which was expected to limit any noise (the other option was a windowless room, which seemed extreme and a bit of a disappointing comment) and it did. I slept well.

The best part of the stay was my dinner on property. I ate in the bar, but had access to the full restaurant menu and it was much better than the bland room service food during my last stay. The morning breakfast was also good and I enjoy that the hotel includes hot items with the coupon voucher, unlike some Hilton properties that can be quite stingy.

Room Tip: I asked for a room at the front of the hotel because during the summer I was told that there are con...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for writing a review about your visit to our hotel. I am very pleased we had the opportunity to provide you with the stay you expected. Sometimes noise can be an issue on the weekends. You offer an excellent tip to future travelers about room location and the mitigation of noise. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

we stayed for 3 days ( family) wedding. Great location right in the middle of everything! Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, view from the corner room on the 9th floor was spectacular, and toiletries were first rate!

Room Tip: corner room on the 9th floor was great
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the review, and thanks for taking the time to point out some of the finer details of your visit. We are proud of our relationship with Peter Thomas Roth. Hilton offers the finest in room toiletries you will find. It's the little details that set us apart from the other hotels in the area, and I am so pleased you too the time to point these out.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Very accessible, friendly and accommodating staff, rooms are large and roomy. Built in the 20's with a real historic feel if you like that. Great location when working downtown and lots to do at night as the property sits adjacent to the power & light district. Most importantly - Very clean!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for the wonderful review of your visit to to our hotel. As you noted, we take great pride in the cleanliness of the hotel. I will certainly make sure the housekeeping department is recognized for your comments. Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed here for the CVC convention. I booked my room through the convention website. When I arrived I was told that they needed a credit card to scan for the room fees and for incidentals. never told prior that I would need to have 400 dollars available for the stay.this caused me great stress as I planned my expenses very carefully. I was also never told when receiving the parking pass for the garage that there was an 18 dollar fee per day which I find ridiculous because they offered parking for the power and light district for 5 dollars. The room stayed hot all the time did not cool down and the pillows and bed were uncomfortable. I was expecting more from Hilton I can say that I will not be staying here again.

1  Thank MichelleJ81
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your stay. As with nearly any hotel we do ask for a credit card at time of check in, I am sorry the CVC rooming system did not alert you to this protocol. I have also taken your notes about parking under advisement as well. The Power and Light District does not offer overnight valet parking, just parking for an hour or two for dining and events. As we offer a covered garage with valet service, the charge is very standard. I am sorry you did not find value in this service.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

My boyfriend and stayed at the Hilton President for one night recently. I am a Hilton Honors member,many I usually try to stay at Hilton properties. The historic character and downtown location of this hotel are great, but I've stayed at Hampton Inns (a Hilton property) that had more amenities. First, we quickly realized that the bedding on our bed had clearly not been changed! Thank goodness I checked well before we planned to go to bed! We called the front desk and a woman from housekeeping was changing all of the bedding within minutes. She did an amazing job, by the way. The room and bathroom were nice sized, I thought, and we didn't hear any noise from the hall or elsewhere. The bed was comfortable, so we did have a restful night. WiFi is not free, even though I'm a HHonors Silver member - again, at a Hampton Inn recently, I parked for free, received free WiFi, and had a decent free breakfast! I paid an extra $10 each upon check in for the breakfast buffet the next morning, which was acceptable: made to order omelettes, bacon, oatmeal, cold cereal, pastries, fruit, yogurt, juice, milk, coffee, toast, cereal bars. We had martinis in the Drum Room bar the night of our arrival. The drinks were great, but it was a little dull in there for a Friday night. I would stay here again if I got a really good rate, or if I used points, because I like the location, but I would not pay over $150 night.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MNdawnygirl

Thanks for sharing your comments about your visit to our hotel. If I recall we have reached out to you via traditional means to get some more information about your visit to our hotel. It appears value was the lacking item in your visit to our hotel. All of your points are certainly taken under consideration. Thank you for your time in sharing some notes about your visit.