“Great”

Hilton President Kansas City
Ranked #12 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I enjoyed my stay. The staff was great, room clean, and I would stay here again and recommend it to my friends. I did not have time to enjoy the amenities but I am sure they would have been pleasing as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thanks for that quick yet effective review. We think "great" is the perfect way to describe a visit to our hotel. We certainly hope to see you again in the future!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,182)

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Have stayed at this hotel several times just because it is so convenient to walk to the Sprint Center. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast buffet is just okay. Starbucks coffee shop has strange hours-doesn't open early enough or stay open late enough to suit me. Would be nice if there was a spa located within the hotel. 2 employees of the hotel went above and beyond when the coffee shop was closed and I needed a cold water and some hot coffee.
As mentioned, if I was doing anything else in KC beside going to the Sprint Center, would likely choose another hotel.

Room Tip: You can request a room with a view of the Power & Light district but be aware it can be noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thanks for the kind words about our hotel and your visit. Sounds like we could make a couple of small course corrections that would raise your level of satisfaction. Your feedback is thoughtful and actionable.
Thanks again and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We often come to the Hilton President to enjoy the restaurants and activities of the Kansas City Power and Light District. Everything, from the Sprint Center to all the clubs and restaurants are within a few minutes walk of the hotel. We've always had a wonderful time and have been treated very well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your visit. As you noted the hotel location is simply exceptional. We are pleased you have chosen to stay at our hotel more than once, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

The minute you walk in the lobby you can feel the history around you. Great location although some construction had main st closed. This hotel is in the power and light district but I think the plaza district is better. Rooms are on the smaller side as well as the beds, but very comfy. No fridge in rooms. Tv did not work very well or perhaps it was the signal. This hotel is a little pricey. Large updated bathroom. The bar in the lobby is a great place to have a drink.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks so much for review of your visit. My apologies for the TV reception. We did indeed have some issues with our TV provider that week. I am pleased you enjoyed the rest of the hotel. And we certainly look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I grew up in Kansas City, so when my husband and I were planning our wedding back home we wanted to find a hotel for all our guests that would provide good service, had a central location and enough amenities within the hotel. What the hotel lacks in fun amenities (i.e. no pool, small gym, etc.) it makes up for with the interesting history that it had in the early-mid 1900s. It's modeled after what it looked like in those days, so there is definitely the look of presidential 'old money.'

Overall, we & our many guests had a fair stay. The prices were reasonable for Labor Day weekend, the Drum Room Lounge provided a great central spot for everone to gather for a drink, and the location was super convenient for our wedding. There were a few negatives: the banquet staff was late by an hour getting our prep rooms ready (and may have been later if I had not yelled at the front desk), the hotel's AC broke for a night during the bad heat wave in KC, and they didn't comp any of our breakfasts.

I'd recommend this for the location & history the hotel provides, but not if you're looking for a modern, high-quality service hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank yulichka217
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Julia
Thanks for taking a moment to share your thoughts about your visit to our hotel. I am truly sorry there were some issues with your visit. It sounds like we could have done a better job in getting your items to you on a timely basis. We certainly hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

This hotel is a very well done remodel of a historic downtown hotel. Hallways were bright and welcoming. The room was extremely comfortable with a beautiful new bathroom. Internet worked great. Although I didn't eat there, several restaurants were in walking distance including one in the hotel. I would have given it five stars except for the parking. The garage is behind the hotel across an alley and was a little creepy for a single woman to return to after dark. I ended up having to valet because it was so uncomfortable. They said they had a guard--but no one was visible when I returned from dinner with friends.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thanks for your review of your visit. Point taken about the garage. I am pleased you had a nice visit to the hotel. We certainly hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Beautiful historic hotel in the Kansas City Power and Light district. We found it very difficult to get our car parked and luggage in. The rooms were decorated nicely and they were very quiet. There was only 1 set of towels, so we had to get housekeeping to bring more. They were fairly prompt in bringing more. The breakfast buffet was very poorly ran. We had to wait 20 minutes for the scrambled eggs to be replenished and over 10 minutes for someone to come and run the omelet station. They were very slow and it was far to pricey for what they offered. I would think twice before staying there again for 200 dollars a night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for taking a moment to review your visit to our hotel. My apologies for some breakfast issues. Certainly some room for improvement. I will reach out to you via your e-mail and we will ensure you are credited for the breakfast charges.