“Great location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Overland Park, United States
“Great location”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Wife and I had a wonderful time at the President hotel. Very clean and they gave us a corner room on 11th floor with a great view of the Power and Light district. Wish the weather had been better since it is so close to so many music venues and we could have walked instead of taking a taxi.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thanks for the review of your visit. We wish we could have provided better weather too!
Hopefully we will see you again and the weather will permit you to take advantage of our location.
Thanks again for your time and your thoughts!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We chose this location because of its close proximity to the Sprint Center. Only a couple of blocks and a nice walk. We were impressed by the architecture of this classic hotel. The rooms were nice. However, we never saw housekeeping the entire stay. We had to get our own towels from the carts left I'm the hall. When we called to complain, the desk clerk asked if we had requested our room to be cleaned. Seriously?!?

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thanks for your time and candid feedback. I certainly apologize for the lack of housekeeping service. It sounds as if the desk staff was tyring to understand if your do not disturb sign was placed on your door. This would have led to the no serivce.
Again, my apologies for any miscommunications.
Noel, Missouri
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Booked 2 rooms this weekend one King and one a jr suite for son, daughter-in-law and 2 granddaughters. That gave them a king bed and a pull out couch for the girls. The hotel was an old classic that had been remodeled to modern amenities. everyone in group loved the hotel! The staff on the hotel side was excellent.

The problem keeping it form excellent all the way thru was breakfast in the Walnut room. WE arrived between 9 and 9:30 and was seated, went to buffet and everything was empty. got in line for the omelet, thinking they would replenish everything soon. I went up and got biscuits and gravy while we were waiting, biscuits were cold and hard, had to scrap the bottom of container for gravy, it was also cold! after close to 30 minutes, omelets finished waitress not showing up, I stopped the manager and asked if they were going to restock the buffet, he said yes, then went and looked under all the lids, I think he was shocked. I can't believe no one had checked especially after people were walking out after looking at buffet and not seeing any food under the lids. We finally got food and it was good. I even got one cup of coffee, although I was asked 3 more times if I wanted more and said yes, but never received any. I did leave a tip but the waitress found it as wanting as my coffee!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for your review and your candid feedback about the Walnut Room. We have some room for improvement here and we are working dilligently to correct some service issues in this area. I am terribly sorry you caught us in this transitional phase of the Walnut Room. I certainly would like to see you again in the future, and I am sure you will see improvement in the breakfast area of the hotel.
Emporia, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Great helpful staff, nice quiet room, GREAT bar, very comfy bed, excellent location for downtown activities/restaurants/music hall/convention center. Room is just a little bit small. We look forward to returning soon.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Steve,
Thanks for that wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you again. If you do return simply ask for a room with some additiaonal space. I am sure we can provide some additional room.
Thanks again for your time and feedback.
Ankeny, IA
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed a couple of nights at the Hilton President hotel in Kansas City. We chose this hotel because of its close proximity to the Power & Light District, and area of refurbished buildings with great bars and restaurants. That area can be a separate review of its own, but we spent all of our time there when not at our meeting!

The President is an old brick building which sits in the midst of other similar buildings, as well as new high rises. The hotel has the feel of the 20's or 30's, however the updating and finishes are first class. The rooms are not large, but provide room to settle in and be comfortable. Our room featured a nice view across the city, and the staff was helpful and friendly. It is easy to access in and out of the hotel, and the street it is on is not overly busy during rush hour.

I can not say many "awesome" things about the hotel, just that it certainly meets the typical Hilton standards, everything was in first class condition, the staff was professional, the drinks were cold, the room was clean. I certainly would not spend rack rates to stay here, but I am returning the end of March for another stay. That comment should tell you that it is above the average in its price range. I would recommend a stay for business or pleasure, but it is not really made for kids.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We look forward to seeing you again upon your next visit. Please reach out to me at philip.strnad@hilton.com to see if we can get you upgraded and provided that WOW stay you are looking for.
Philip
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 20 February 2014

To begin, there was large brown stains on both the lampshade in our room and our comforter. Possibly coffee stains? Secondly, one guest service rep (I believe his name is Matt) needs extra training and may not be right for this type of industry. Upon our arrival I presented him with the wrong credit card to put on file for the room. However, instead of catching this before he handed me the keys, Matt yelled across the lobby saying "I need her! The card's declined!" I was walking out the front doors at this point and found it extremely unprofessional and rude to shout at a guest who simply needed to present a different card. He also initially told me I could not post a cash payment on my room AND leave the card on file before my check out date. However, when the manager approached the desk he was more than happy to post my cash payment and also explain to Matt (who continued to argue with the manager as he was assisting me) that this was not a problem at all. Yes, the location was ideal as we wanted to explore the Power & Light district and the surrounding dining options, but we were still slightly "erked" after our experience at the front desk. The price should match the cleanliness, amenities, and staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am so terribly sorry we had some service and product failures during your visit. We really strive for perfection, but sometimes miss the mark. Get in touch with me at philip.strnad@hilton.com and we will work out something for you in the future!
Thanks again for your candid and helpful feedback.
Platte City, Missouri
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I were truly impressed by the efficiency and professionalism of the staff: the valet and front desk personnel made us feel welcomed and cared for (during check in and during check out). As soon as we stepped in the building we noticed a certain "old world" nuance that made the whole environment extra cozy.
We will definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
What a wonderful, thoughtful review. Our associates take a great deal of pride in providing an exceptional visit for every guest, every day. I am so pleased you took the time to note the service.
We look foward to seeing you again in the future!