Hilton President Kansas City
US$317
US$249
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$123
Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$81
US$196
US$181
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$136
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
US$201
US$185
1,199 results
All reviewspower and light districtsprint centerwalnut roomdrum room barfront deskcorner roombeautiful hotelentertainment districtclassic hotelmodern amenitiesbars and restaurantsbreakfast buffetwithin walking distancewedding partyvalet parkingself parkbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I received the most outstanding treatment at the President Hotel in KC, MO. I had stayed there previously with family to attend a concert. This time I was alone to do the same. The hotel is located in a prime location to attend events in KC, MO, plus it's a Hilton. We always stay with Hilton when we can. I was upgraded to the Presidential Suite!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thanks for that wonderful review! I am so pleased we recognized your membership in Hilton HHonors, and that we upgraded you to the finest hotel suite in Kansas City! As you know one of the perks that comes along with staying at a "brand" hotel is the membership rewards and recognition. We certainly would like to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Beds are poor and Coffee bar has limited hours of operation. Not open in the afternoon and not open until 7am in the morning according to the fromt desk, though still no one there at 7, therefore I am not sure when it really opens. Staff was great, room was clean. Location is the best for being downtown.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thanks for the review. I am sorry we could not provide consistent hours in the coffee shop. It does indeed open at 7AM. I am sure it was frustrating to have the conflicting information on the hours and service in this area. We will discuss this issue with our management team.
Thanks for your time, and again my apologies.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Exemplary service, perfectly appointed, spotless room, 5 star mattress. Every employee warm, friendly, helpful. Hotel dinner house was off the chart delish (23 of us) are still ranting about the food!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing that wonderful review. I am happy to hear you had such a wonderful event at our hotel. You touched on many points that really make our hotel special. Thanks for your time and sharing your thoughts with the Tripadvisor community.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The staff and hotel were great. Very clean and the staff was almost overly helpful. I would definitely visit again. Good value for the experience and centrally located into the down town KC area. Ed, from Columbus

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Edwin W
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Edwin-
Thank you for your kind words about your visit to our hotel. I am sure your review will be well received by the Tripadvisor community. As you noted the hotel is rich in history. A nearly 50 million dollar renovation was completed several years ago, bringing this hotel back to it's original condition and glory.
Thanks again for your time and feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Very well located hotel to the Power and Light District! Within mere steps...Clean room, comfortable bed, hotel staff were outstanding and very helpful. Within in steps of great dining and The Sprint Center. Only blemish would be that we stayed in a room with a "roll in" shower which was supposed to geared for handicapped individuals. The bathroom was big enough to get a hospital bed in...it stops there. My husband made and then supervised is a plant that made toilets. The handicapped toilet was a regular low to the ground toilet, not the taller model that is easier to use. The roll in shower was ill designed. The bath chair was dirty (the slats in between were caked with junk), From the shower chair the shower head and controls were non-reachable! Only a person able to stand alone could function in this shower. The towel storage was way above my head. The sink was hard to reach for me standing. I couldn't bend over to get my face over the sink to even wash! If I were in a wheel chair the counter top would have been even with my chin!
But all in all...the hotel is beautiful. The lobby harks back to it's original style, very classic and elegant. I would definitely stay again and will definitely recommend to all my friends.

Room Tip: Be sure and book ahead, especially if going to an event...these rooms go fast due to location and an excellent staff. The whole hotel is quiet...road noise and inside noise very minor. Very good window treatments keep the light out!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Beth,
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about your visit to our hotel. I am pleased you found the location to be just perfect for your visit. I did take note of your comments about the bathroom and our ADA facilities. I can assure you a through inspection from Hilton takes place twice a year to ensure our ADA compliance. I am terribly sorry you had some issues with the bathroom as related to ADA facilities. We would love to see you back again in the future! Thanks again for your time and kind words about our hotel.