“Hilton Honors is an honor.”

Hilton President Kansas City
Ranked #13 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ashland, Missouri
“Hilton Honors is an honor.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I received the most outstanding treatment at the President Hotel in KC, MO. I had stayed there previously with family to attend a concert. This time I was alone to do the same. The hotel is located in a prime location to attend events in KC, MO, plus it's a Hilton. We always stay with Hilton when we can. I was upgraded to the Presidential Suite!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thanks for that wonderful review! I am so pleased we recognized your membership in Hilton HHonors, and that we upgraded you to the finest hotel suite in Kansas City! As you know one of the perks that comes along with staying at a "brand" hotel is the membership rewards and recognition. We certainly would like to see you again in the future!
Philip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Nashville, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Beds are poor and Coffee bar has limited hours of operation. Not open in the afternoon and not open until 7am in the morning according to the fromt desk, though still no one there at 7, therefore I am not sure when it really opens. Staff was great, room was clean. Location is the best for being downtown.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thanks for the review. I am sorry we could not provide consistent hours in the coffee shop. It does indeed open at 7AM. I am sure it was frustrating to have the conflicting information on the hours and service in this area. We will discuss this issue with our management team.
Thanks for your time, and again my apologies.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Exemplary service, perfectly appointed, spotless room, 5 star mattress. Every employee warm, friendly, helpful. Hotel dinner house was off the chart delish (23 of us) are still ranting about the food!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for sharing that wonderful review. I am happy to hear you had such a wonderful event at our hotel. You touched on many points that really make our hotel special. Thanks for your time and sharing your thoughts with the Tripadvisor community.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

The staff and hotel were great. Very clean and the staff was almost overly helpful. I would definitely visit again. Good value for the experience and centrally located into the down town KC area. Ed, from Columbus

1 Thank Edwin W
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Edwin-
Thank you for your kind words about your visit to our hotel. I am sure your review will be well received by the Tripadvisor community. As you noted the hotel is rich in history. A nearly 50 million dollar renovation was completed several years ago, bringing this hotel back to it's original condition and glory.
Thanks again for your time and feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.
Nevada, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Very well located hotel to the Power and Light District! Within mere steps...Clean room, comfortable bed, hotel staff were outstanding and very helpful. Within in steps of great dining and The Sprint Center. Only blemish would be that we stayed in a room with a "roll in" shower which was supposed to geared for handicapped individuals. The bathroom was big enough to get a hospital bed in...it stops there. My husband made and then supervised is a plant that made toilets. The handicapped toilet was a regular low to the ground toilet, not the taller model that is easier to use. The roll in shower was ill designed. The bath chair was dirty (the slats in between were caked with junk), From the shower chair the shower head and controls were non-reachable! Only a person able to stand alone could function in this shower. The towel storage was way above my head. The sink was hard to reach for me standing. I couldn't bend over to get my face over the sink to even wash! If I were in a wheel chair the counter top would have been even with my chin!
But all in all...the hotel is beautiful. The lobby harks back to it's original style, very classic and elegant. I would definitely stay again and will definitely recommend to all my friends.

Room Tip: Be sure and book ahead, especially if going to an event...these rooms go fast due to location and an...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Beth,
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about your visit to our hotel. I am pleased you found the location to be just perfect for your visit. I did take note of your comments about the bathroom and our ADA facilities. I can assure you a through inspection from Hilton takes place twice a year to ensure our ADA compliance. I am terribly sorry you had some issues with the bathroom as related to ADA facilities. We would love to see you back again in the future! Thanks again for your time and kind words about our hotel.
Lawrence, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We love to stay here because it is within walking distance of great restaurants, the Power and Light District, the Midland theatre, Sprint Center among other attractions. We also enjoy having a night cap or two in the Hotels Drum Room!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Jennifer R
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Jennifer-
Thanks for that wonderful review. I am so pleased you had a great visit. As many reviews reveal, the location of the hotel is just perfect for so many entertainment options. The hotel is the only hotel located within the Power and Light Entertainment District. Your opinions and time are so valuable to our entire team. Thanks again, we hope to see you in the future.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel is restored to its original glory. The architecture and history are an attraction itself. Be sure to look at some of the old artifacts. You will feel as though you stepped back to a more glamorous time.

The staff were excellent. Each one I encountered are the definition of hospitality. The front desk truly made me feel welcome and the concierge was friendly and made excellent recommendations. It was so good, I took the time to write Hilton HQ.

The location is right next to the Power and Light District, which is hopping every night. close to the convention center and other downtown hotels. I was there for a conference and everything was in walking distance.

Room Tip: The higher the better for views of KC. The side I was on had an open view, but with the freeway far...
1 Thank jlspencer
Thank you for that wonderful review. I was so pleased to read your wonderful comments about your visit. You will not find a better team of hospitality professionals in Kansas City and your comments validate our hard work. I will ensure that your comments are shared with the entire staff. Additionally, thank you for sharing the comments with the Hilton Corporate offices. We would love to see you again in the future!