“Great Location”

Ranked #20 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Camdenton, Missouri
“Great Location”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

This is an old apartment complex that has been renovated into a Courtyard hotel. Very clean and well appointed smallish rooms. But you can not beat the off street parking and the great location on the Country Club Plaza just steps away.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel. We stayed on the higher floor. Location is superb. It is walking distance to shops and restaurants. It is very clean and comfortable. There are microwave and mini fridge in our room. Parking is a little tricky. It is located at the back of the hotel. If coming for the first time, you may want to call the front desk for the location of the parking lot. One staff asked if we planned to eat out and where. She gave us a coupon for a free dessert -- what a sweet gesture for the guests!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We stay at this hotel every time we visit KC and it is hands down my favorite hotel. It's got a fabulous staff, great restaurant and the best rooms with such charm. The rooms are clean and large and extremely comfortable for our family. We will continue to stay here for as long as we go to KC!

Stayed November 2013
Dallas
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed here with a friend on an impromptu trip to K.C. and we were very surprised at how lovely this historic building had been restored. The location across from a park and one of the beautiful fountains gave us an unexpected beautiful view. On the east edge of the Plaza, the hotel is walking distance from some shopping, but to do it all, probably need to drive and park mid-way down the street. Hotel parking is free and a nice lot in back of the building is convenient. Would definitely consider staying here again when visiting K.C.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the South-East and was very quiet and lovely view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We shared a 2 BR suite at this property with another couple; it works and is a great and an economic way for two couples travelling together to share lodging expense...The location is wonderful...a block away from main street shopping and within several blocks of almost anything you could ask for ....great restaurants (Capital Grille, etc) within easy walking distance (assuming it's not raining or terribly cold) Great shopping--even an Apple store. Everything from watering holes to bar b cue to fine dining. Breakfast at the hotel was typical Marriott Courtyard fare served by a competent and nice staff....front desk very helpful with suggestions and information. Good rates...nothing to complain about...nothing particularly to rave about....No Surprises, which is a good thing.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Clearwater, FL
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Usually stay at the Marriott. Booked here by others. What a pleasant surprise. It's old with a remarkable lobby. You can work, socialize, Starbucks in the lobby. And you are on KC's beautiful Country Club Plaza. Best restaurants and shopping in KC. Nice park to get your walk in. Not many Courtyards I'd give an "excellent" rating to but this one is well deserved.

Room Tip: End rooms are huge. (End of hallway)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank jimvet1826
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I went down to Kansas City last weekend for my birthday. This was a planned trip and my girlfriend and I were looking forward to it for months. We came down on Friday the 25th and stayed until Sunday the 27th. Upon checking in two of the nicest women I have ever met greeted us with huge smiles and a great sense of customer service. They made us feel so welcome even though they were dealing with a 22 and a 23 year old. They put us on the first floor with our window right next to the side walk. Naturally you think of scenarios, what if something happened? Could someone break into our room if they really wanted to, the answer being yes! I have really bad anxiety due to a robbery when I was younger and I had forgotten to bring my medication. So I summoned up the courage and went back up to the front desk by myself, considering my girlfriend doesn't know about my anxiety, and ask the two woman at the front desk if there was anyway we could go to a higher floor. They checked and found us a room on the third floor. Can you say awesome, I know I did. So after dinner my girlfriend and I head down to the lobby and grab a few drinks and a bottle of champagne to take up to the room. The ladies grabbed us champagne glasses for us when we asked and then we proceeded upstairs. Once we were in our room our phone rang, which was odd. I wondered if we were in trouble or someone had a wrong number. My girlfriend picked up the phone and it was one of the woman from the front desk. She said because it was my birthday and because we were so kind and courteous, the champagne was on them. So so nice of them and the champagne was much enjoyed haha.
I totally recommend this place to anyone traveling down to Kansas City to stay by the plaza. Its close, the people are great and the hotel is wonderful. I forgot their names, but whoever the women were that were working the 25th of October around 8 pm or so deserve a raise! Thanks for the great birthday!

Room Tip: The showers were the one problem I had. They had very little pressure. The only other thing I can th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple