“Would stay again for sure!”

Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport
Ranked #38 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Any airport hotel you have to wonder about noise. This hotel was quiet as can be. Clean, down right spotless! Only reason it does not get a 5 is because pizza places are your only real food options if you don't dine here and don't have a car. I opted to have delivery because of the prices in hotel restaurant but would have been nice to be able to eat at a decent price onsite. Wings $12, Burger I believe was $10? Ouch! Also didn't appear to be open for lunch but if you read the menu in your room they close at 11am? but says they are open for dinner? They were able to accommodate an early check in which was appreciated. Staff was wonderful and a joy with every encounter.No recognition for Platinum Priority? I have got use to having a bottle of water but not this time. I will definitely be staying again at this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stayed three nights; windows faced highway. Quiet. Free shuttle from airport. Property and room were adequate in terms of cleanliness and modern amenities. Staff was friendly and very accommodating. Hotel Restaurant left a lot to be desired. Breakfast buffet items (fresh fruits, pastries and potatoes) were old, cold and left over from the previous day. Ordered off menu: Egg/cheese/potatoes skillet omeltte was dry, vegetables half-cooked and served without the cheese! Dinner and Lunch items were marginal. Stick to burgers, salads and appetizers (buffalo wings were awful). Enjoyed small gym and indoor pool.

Room Tip: Free shuttle to/from airport; less than 10-minutes away. If you're staying more than a day and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
mbrcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Reggie2U!

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn KCI Airport. Please accept our apologies for the breakfast food qualilty, specfically the buffet. Please be assured we will address the issues immediately and going forward. I will also pass on to the staff your comments regarding how friendly and accommodating everyone was.

Again, thank you for your comments as they allow us to target specific areas where improvement is needed. During your next visit to the Kansas City area please allow us another opportunity to serve you again and I know you won't be dissappointed.

THE HOLIDAY INN KCI AIRPORT

Reviewed 14 July 2013

A rather uninspiring place unfortunately. Decor could use some sprucing up everywhere...The service was not friendly or professional (except the shuttle driver). Our room had grubby walls and doors - always a turn-off. The bed was clean and comfy. The air conditioning was so loud, it was hard to get to sleep, and the shower was a puzzle to operate at first. An old-fashioned, cheap fixture despite the hotel being fairly new. Also, the tub was very slippery while showering, no mat for traction! Sorry, but 1.5 thumbs down!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
mbrcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear HowieNanaimo!

Thank you for your recent post regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn KCI Airport. Please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations with our service and product quality. It would be of great benefit to us to obtain additional information so we can target the specific areas that need improvement as well as coach those individual staff members you came into contact with. Please feel free to foward any information to my email at mrose@hikciarport.com or by phone, 816 801 8400 Ext 139. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to the Kansas City area. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

THE HOLIDAY INN KCI AIRPORT

Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

After 14 hours on the road we were ready to kick back and relax. The front desk staff was very professional and friendly we were very pleased with our room . We were hungry and decided to try the hotels resturant not having our hopes up to high we just wanted to eat, Lisa our server told us to sit any where we wanted , each both has a flat screen which I found very nice . Lisa our waitress was very nice and professional , and knowledgable about the menu telling us everything was fixed on site and the Ribs and Sirlion was hand cut on site. I had the Sirlion and my wife had the ribs , this meal was top notch we just came from Jackson Wy , and had a dinner of the same which was more pricey and couldn't hold a candle to this meal . The food and service gets a ten (10) excellent . I would stay here again . Keep up the excellent work .

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed one night. Front desk clerk was very welcoming and I was given a free drink coupon so had a beer in the bar/breakfast area. Wait staff were very friendly. On my way to my room I found a complimentary breakfast coupon for another guest. When I returned it to front desk, he gave me a coupon for my honesty. I used it the next morning for the buffet. It had hot entrees but I only had cereal and yogurt. It all looked good and fresh.
The hotel is very clean. The bed was comfortable. I appreciated the free shuttle to airport in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
mbrcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2013

Ree Sue!

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn KCI Airport. We appreciate your patronage and it is always great to hear positive feedback from our customers. Please be assured I will share your coments with our entire team.

Thank you again for the response and for making Holiday Inn your lodging preferance of choice when visiting the Kansas City area.

Mcihael B. Rose, CHA

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This hotel was spotless, personnel GREAT! And the beds were very comfortable. I did not eat there. A shuttle was offered to an outdoor mall, but my schedule did not allow for it. No eating places in the immediate area was my only eyebrow lifter.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
mbrcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear BigRevB!

Thank you so much for posting about your recent experience as a guest of our hotel. Positive feed back is a fantastic motivator and I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team. On behalf of the entire Holiday Inn Family, thank you again and for making Holiday inn your lodging preferance of choice in Kansas City.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

If your looking for an excellent hotel to stay in while in the Kansas City area......this is the one!!! I have stayed here on several occasions and the staff is attentive, kind and helpful with any needs you may have. The rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Michael Rose, the Manager is to be commended for his committment to oversee ALL aspects of the hotel industry, as it shows in this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
mbrcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Mrs. Tarpening,

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding our Holiday Inn Family here in Kansas City. We know we are on the right path when we receive comments such as yours. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor.

Enjoy the rest of the Spring, have a great Summer, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Kansas City area.