“Poor Check Inn”

Ranked #36 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Burlington, Kansas
“Poor Check Inn”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I made a reservation for a convention. I made sure that I would be able to check in early. When I arrived I contacted the front desk and asked if there was anyway to check in. He said check back with him at 12 or 2, as I would be in classes til then. I then returned to the Hotel at 2PM to get my early Check in. The woman at the desk told me it would be another two hours til check in. My Understanding was that I would be able to check in. I cancelled my reservation And drove home. I don't understand why they did not have enough housekeepers to get rooms done with reservations coming in!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
mbrcha, Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dottie S,

I am very sorry to hear that you had issues with checking in for your stay. Our normal check in time is at 4pm we cannot gurantee anything before that time. I am sorry for the misunderstanding with the front desk clerk. I will have a conversation with the front desk staff so this will not happen again. We do appreciate your feed back. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We used this hotel for one night prior to our departure from MCI airport. Check in was easy, and adults are provided one free drink coupon per visitor at check in. I went to the bar and had a meal and a beverage and watched the game.. The bartender was positive and interacted well with the customers. Service was quick. In the room, the beds are standard Holiday Inn fare, and the bathrooms were clean and met expectations for this type of room. We used the shuttle service to the airport the next morning. The service was good but the driver obviously had not bathed in some time. I literally had to breathe through my newspaper to keep from gagging. Sorry to report this, and I realize it is tough getting good help, but the guy needed to bathe! It was the longest 5 minute shuttle trip of my life! On the return home, we had a different shuttle driver and he was fine...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BillyBud200
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My daughter and I stayed here the night before a very early flight. We arrived late so we didnt get to enjoy much of the hotel. The rooms was comfortable and quiet. The area was very well lit at night and felt very secure. The service we encountered was great and we got off to a good day after our departure!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed here for four nights for a convention at the business center next door. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Always a smile and hello no matter what time. We ate at the restaurant for dinner 3 nights and found the food to be excellent and the service good. My only complaints are that there are no bathtubs only showers and no in room refrigerators. Ice machines are on even numbered floors and you never knew when they would be working. Hotel was very clean and beds comfortable with great pillows.

Room Tip: As close as this is to the airport, we heard no airplane noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Any airport hotel you have to wonder about noise. This hotel was quiet as can be. Clean, down right spotless! Only reason it does not get a 5 is because pizza places are your only real food options if you don't dine here and don't have a car. I opted to have delivery because of the prices in hotel restaurant but would have been nice to be able to eat at a decent price onsite. Wings $12, Burger I believe was $10? Ouch! Also didn't appear to be open for lunch but if you read the menu in your room they close at 11am? but says they are open for dinner? They were able to accommodate an early check in which was appreciated. Staff was wonderful and a joy with every encounter.No recognition for Platinum Priority? I have got use to having a bottle of water but not this time. I will definitely be staying again at this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stayed three nights; windows faced highway. Quiet. Free shuttle from airport. Property and room were adequate in terms of cleanliness and modern amenities. Staff was friendly and very accommodating. Hotel Restaurant left a lot to be desired. Breakfast buffet items (fresh fruits, pastries and potatoes) were old, cold and left over from the previous day. Ordered off menu: Egg/cheese/potatoes skillet omeltte was dry, vegetables half-cooked and served without the cheese! Dinner and Lunch items were marginal. Stick to burgers, salads and appetizers (buffalo wings were awful). Enjoyed small gym and indoor pool.

Room Tip: Free shuttle to/from airport; less than 10-minutes away. If you're staying more than a day and...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
mbrcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Reggie2U!

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn KCI Airport. Please accept our apologies for the breakfast food qualilty, specfically the buffet. Please be assured we will address the issues immediately and going forward. I will also pass on to the staff your comments regarding how friendly and accommodating everyone was.

Again, thank you for your comments as they allow us to target specific areas where improvement is needed. During your next visit to the Kansas City area please allow us another opportunity to serve you again and I know you won't be dissappointed.

At Your Service!

THE HOLIDAY INN KCI AIRPORT

Michael B. Rose, CHA
Nanaimo
Reviewed 14 July 2013

A rather uninspiring place unfortunately. Decor could use some sprucing up everywhere...The service was not friendly or professional (except the shuttle driver). Our room had grubby walls and doors - always a turn-off. The bed was clean and comfy. The air conditioning was so loud, it was hard to get to sleep, and the shower was a puzzle to operate at first. An old-fashioned, cheap fixture despite the hotel being fairly new. Also, the tub was very slippery while showering, no mat for traction! Sorry, but 1.5 thumbs down!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
mbrcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear HowieNanaimo!

Thank you for your recent post regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn KCI Airport. Please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations with our service and product quality. It would be of great benefit to us to obtain additional information so we can target the specific areas that need improvement as well as coach those individual staff members you came into contact with. Please feel free to foward any information to my email at mrose@hikciarport.com or by phone, 816 801 8400 Ext 139. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to the Kansas City area. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

At Your Service!