“Business traveler layover”

Ranked #38 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Wichita, Kansas
“Business traveler layover”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and never been disappointed. They have a shuttle to the airport that runs on time and the restaurant/Bar is handy. The work out center has the basics but most of all the night staff is solid. I arrived later than normal and they had everything ready to go for me. My wake up call was on time and I started my day with a great breakfast from the restaurant.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms are nice as is the overall facility. If you are staying here for business and need good WiFi DO NOT STAY HERE! The signal is unstable and i batteled constant buffering on my laptop and smart phone. It is worse than dial up. Otherwise the hotel is nice.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
mbrcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear John K,

Thank you for your post regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn KCI Airport in Kansas City, Missouri. Please accept our sincere apologies for the Wi-Fi issues you experienced during your stay. We have contacted our Wi-Fi Support company to do a complete examination of our systems and make any corrections they find are needed to ensure our Wi-Fi signal strength is at a level that meets and exceeds the expectations of our business guests. When planning your next visit to the Kansas City area, please consider giving us another chance and keeping you a happy and loyal Holiday Inn fan.

THE HOLIDAY INN KCI AIRPORT

Green Bay, WI
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I needed to travel to Kansas City as we were acquiring a new business in the area. I had people coming in to meet with me so I needed a conference room as well as a overnight room. I worked with a woman named Candyce for the conference room and she was very attententive and professional. She had forwarded the contract to me ahead and I got everything set up and ready for my visit. She even included the breakfast buffet in my stay which was really appreciated. I had requested a small fridge for my room so I could store some medicine. When I checked in, my room not only had a fridge but also a microwave which was really great as this was an added convenience. The room was very nice and clean. The front desk was extremely helpful and brought me to my conference room in the morning. Joe, who works with Candyce, saw that I had everything I needed in the room and that it was to my liking. Everyone from the sales people I worked with, the front desk, room and restaurant staff were so accomodating, it was really a pleasure staying here. We will surely be back and would recommend others staying here. Great job!

Richmond, VA
Reviewed 22 July 2014

For the volume of traffic this hotel receives it's in pretty good shape. It's in an excellent location to refill your rental car outside of the airport and get a shuttle ride for an early flight. The front desk personnel are exceptional and the shuttle driver was very polite and punctual. Would definitely stay here again while on business travel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
mbrcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Kayeteekaye!

Thank you for your post and kind words regarding your recent stay with us in Kansas City. We hope to see you again on your next visit to our area and if there is anything we can do to make your future stays more enjoyable, please let any member of our team know. Our goals is to exceed expectations every day, with every guest.

Safe travels!

THE HOLIDAY INN KCI AIRPORT/KCI EXPO CENTER

Decatur, Indiana
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Sometimes it is all about location. This is why I like this hotel. Convenient to the KC airport and rental cars, but not so close that planes landing or taking off are a bother. The rooms are very serviceable. I find the beds quite comfortable, but admit I spend little time in the room. They have a restaurant on the premises which is convenient, as no outside restaurants in the immediate area. They have a huge parking lot (no charge for parking) and an inviting lobby. The staff has always been friendly in my opinion. Also free WiFi. I will stay here again in the future.

USA
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel is very, very busy but not too busy to be very helpful. Front desk staff was great. The room was fine and clean. Yes, it could use some maintenance on the walls, etc, but it is not excessive. Great shuttle service and you can "park and fly" in a secure, lighted parking lot instead of out and away from the hotel, which I liked Think I'd probably not do the restaurant - expensive and short-staffed when we were there so we ate elsewhere. So close to the airport. Breakfast not included, which for the price I think should be. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
mbrcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear XerkUSA!

Thank you for your survey and for providing us the opportunity to serve you during your recent stay in the Kansas City area. Also, thank you for your kind comments about our Front Desk staff and Van Drivers. I will most certainly pass your comments on and share with our entire Holiday Inn family.

We apologize if you felt the maintenance and restaurant were not up to standard. Please be assured we are working on these areas to improve the guest experience. We hope that on your next visit you will let us know about the improvements that we have made.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to our area.

At Your Service!

THE HOLIDAY INN KCI AIRPORT

Greenbank, Washington
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Very nice short stay here. The staff was super friendly and the room was terrific. It had been remodeled and is very clean and appealing. The bed linens felt luxurious. It is a breeze to get to the airport from here. We didn't eat there so can't advise on that. Definitely would stay there again when in town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business