“Beware Hotwire scam”

Holiday Inn Aladdin
Ranked #44 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The 3.5 star downtown hotel being sold on Hotwire is this one. This is in no way a 3.5 star hotel and Hotwire is scamming people. The hotel feels like a rundown motel 6, does not I repeat not offer parking (you have to fight for a spot on your own in a nearby publIc parking lot), there is no security, and bums rummage through room service leftovers in the hallways (this is no joke). The rooms are tiny and kind of dirty for a hotel rated 3.5 stars. This is about a 1.5 - 2.0 star hotel in a decent location close to the P@L district.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Tweather
mgangle, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It was unfortunate that you appear to have had a stay that was not to your liking. I want to alleviate any concerns that you, or anyone reading this review, may have about about our stance on safety and cleanliness.
First we do indeed have security on-sight at night, as well as a Manager on duty 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Between the two positions each floor of the hotel is checked every hour and this record is kept on sight.
Secondly we are a nationally registered historic building that went through a multi-milliion dollar renovation before opening in it's current re-incarnation as the HI Aladdin. As seen in some of our other reviews our hotel has kept the charm of the original structures, like our marble lobby floors, while being able to create a modern, art deco style in our rooms. Since our hotel is an original, historic building our rooms are admittedly quaint, however our team takes pride in keeping up a clean and modern environment.
And last, as with ALL hotels in the downtown KC market we do charge for Valet parking, we are happy to say that our valet cost is less than any of our competitors right now. If Valet parking does not work for a guests we also give information concerning the cost of the closest public parking garage, which is right across the street from our hotel.
We want to again thank you for the review, we take all information to heart and use it to improve our services. I would love to have the opportunity to get a better understanding of what happened with your experience. Please contact me at the number provided below. Have a good day

816-421-8888

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Can't beat this location especially for the price! Hotel has nice entryway, offered a glass of champagne at check in. Rooms are small but nicely appointed. Bathroom is small but clean.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
mgangle, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are always happy to get the opportunity to be a part of our guests trip to Kansas City. As a nationally registered hotel we are proud of the care our team has taken to make our quaint boutique home away from home for our guests. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2012

I would rate this hotel a little higher if the caulking in the bathtub had been maintained. Besides the noise from the Drake crowd coming home the hotel was well above average. Beginning with Rachel at the front desk who was very professional and helpful this stay was great and the location was perfect for walking the P&L district. The rooms were older and smaller but kept to a good standard. My suggestion would be to have the maintenance department fix the caulking in the tub of rm 308 and I would rate this stay at a 4 star rather than a three. Great job Rachel! Thanks.

• Stayed: March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I have passed your wonderful comments on to Rachel and her peers, who want to express their appreciation to all of our wonderful guests. I have also taken the time to speak with the Engineering director about your concerns in the bathroom and they have taken care of this situation. We appreciate all feedback and cannot wait to get the chance to wow you on your next stay in Kansas City. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I am a KC local and stayed here in January for my husband's birthday to enjoy the P&L district. The hotel was very nice and clean. It is in a historical building so I believe the structure is original. But the rooms are remodeled with a modern design, everything appears brand new. Our stay was great. I can't really comment on the value since I received a corporate rate through my company, which included valet parking. I am not sure how the parking works if you don't do valet. We plan to book the hotel again in March for a concert at the Sprint Center.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LaceyJ59
Reviewed 28 January 2012

This hotel was in a great location to the Power and Light District. My wife and I stayed here for the closeness to the Sprint Center. The rooms were clean and well kept although this is an older hotel so the rooms were a little small. There is a restaurant associated with the hotel but they do not offer a free continental breakfast. I consider this hotel a good value hotel. If you are looking a good hotel in a nice location and don't need all of the "extras" then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
mgangle, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to help us gain a better understanding of our guests' experience. Being so centrally located to the Power & Light District, as well as the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, Municipal Auditorium, and the Sprint Center, affords us the opportunity to be a part of Kansas City's exciting and growing downtown district. Please keep us in mind the next time you have an event in Kansas City.

Regards,

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I would say elegant style ! Boutique interior,magic maker receptionist ! but here it comes an issue,I stayed here in December 2011 for my buisness meeting ...It was cold and sook semeed like thermostat took forever to change ...upon repeated requests the technician showed up and eneded up explaining how to use thermostat !!!! seriously they need to change the scale of understanding that we are asking to fix NOT how to use !!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. We are always happy to get the chance to hear about the experience our valued guests have had while staying with us. We are so proud of our 1920's boutique hotel, that happens to be a Nationally Registered Historic building, but we do know that a part of being an older property is that there are some things that just work a bit slower. The next time you are in town, please contact us before check-in and we would be happy to preset your room to a temperature that works for you. Our team is always happy to go above and beyond to make each guests experience a wonderful one.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Everything about my stay at Holiday Inn Aladdin was exceptional! From them moment I pulled up, I knew this was going to be a wonderful experience. Valet service was the same price as self parking which made parking extremely convenient. For the moment I entered the lobby, they offered me a complimentary glass of champagne to sip on while they reviewed all of the services the hotel had to offer. The hotel lobby is updated but it still has it authentic charm. Check in was quick and simple. Another key aspect of this charming hotel are the rooms. Furniture is modern and comfortable. Everthing in room has been updated. The toiletries are from bath and body works! Check out was also flawless with exceptional service. Hotel is in walking distance to Sprint Center and Power and Light. I am amazed that priceline has this hotel listed as a 3 star. This hotel is 4 star quality at a 3 star price. I have stayed at many of the downtown KCMO hotels and Holiday Inn Aladdin is by far the best!

Room Tip: The beds are vey comfortable, but if you are allergic to feathers, call in advance to have them remo...