“Very nice hotel. No issues”

Holiday Inn Aladdin
Ranked #45 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Holden, Massachusetts
“Very nice hotel. No issues”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed here for a week in December 2013 for buissness. Hotel was in a good location downtown. Check in was great, they let me check in very early with no issues. Staff was very attentive and courtious.

The room was fine, nice TV and comfortable bed. I got room service one night and it was very good. I did not use anything else.

Room was very quiet and relaxing. I would stay here again if I come back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Sarah D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for your review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to having you back, and hopefully soon!

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Coming to Kansas City in December for an event that brings 30,000 people makes finding adequate hotel space challenging. Having been through this years before I have been able to analyze the differences between hotels during the same time period. For Aladdin, their rooms with king sized beds are very small. Negotiating space with two people is challenging. Adding additional people to the room is really not an option: no couch nor floor space. Amenities are limited. Adding a mini fridge and microwave is doable, but with already limited space is more bothersome. Concierge was limited in local restaurant delivery knowledge. Overall I find them to be overpriced and underwhelming.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jill H
Sarah D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you so much for your review! I apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Our boutique hotel is on the National Register of Historic Places, and each room on each floor has a different configuration. I will pass along and address your comments on the knowledge of restaurants that deliver to our front desk staff.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Bed Bug Infested Room...in 20 years of traveling (including many stays at IHG properties), my experience at the Holiday Inn Aladdin - Kansas City has managed to be beyond traumatizing.

Although, the updated, modern room looked reasonably kept, at the crazy hour of 2:00 am, I was under bite-attack by a full colony of Bed Bugs...coming in droves out of the cloth covered headboard! Still in full, fledged horror at the thought of these bacteria-carrying, blood-sucking carcasses feeding off of me, I stopped playing my game of Candy Crush (which I credit with my not waking up covered completely in bites) and went into an immediate frenzy of getting the heck out of that room and more importantly out of that hotel! But not before taking pictures and video of the live, crawling infestation (for when the property states it was all in ny head).

And, yes, after inspecting my clothes and luggage, accessing the bite marks, baptizing those in hand sanitizer (needed something with alcohol), telling the desk clerk, getting the car from valet, loading my bags, making a new hotel reservation, and checking into another hotel at 3:00 am in 35 degree temperatures, I finally got to sleep about an hour later, only to constantly be awakened by imagined, mind boggling feelings of things crawling on me! What a night!! Per my request, the next morning, my bill was zeroed out -but I'm still in full paranoia mode!

KJL - From Florida, Still traumatized

• Stayed December 2013
5 Thank Florida124
Sarah D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Thank you for your review. We take any suspicion of bed bugs very seriously. After a guest reports that they believe to have come into contact we shut the room down immediately. We then call our pest management company for a full investigation. If bed bugs are found we heat treat the room, the rooms on each side, the room above, and the room below. Again, we take something like this very seriously and ensure proper procedure is always followed. I am happy we were able to give you a complete refund. I apologize for your traumatic experience. If I can be of further assistance to you, I am always available. I can be reached by email at sdevault@hialaddin.com or direct at 816-421-8888.

Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This hotel has a lot of nice perks. Complimentary champagne nightly, they offer the government rate, free WI FI (without the use of an annoying password), free breakfast for government workers and a perfect location to plenty of downtown restaurants and attractions.

I've been to KC before, so I knew the downtown area had several historic hotels that weren't considered 5 stars, well at least not in my book. Most of them have been renovated or needs to be renovated, so I wasn't expecting Ritz Carlton quality, but since this hotel underwent a recent renovation, I figured it would be good enough to stay for a couple of nights. I had a king bed in my room and it was the perfect size room for me. Cozy and quaint room, so don't be surprised with its petite size. The King bed slept very comfortably and I had options of firm or soft pillows. Flat screen tv, new everything in the room and fun modern colors throughout. What was missing was a mini fridge. What really impressed me was when I went into the bathroom and smelled Clorox in the tub! That let me know that it gets cleaned with the good stuff! I'm like a health department inspector when I enter into a hotel room, so I check everything and I did notice the baseboards need a good cleaning and I'm not sure why the bathroom doesn't have not 1 towel rack or why they use cloth style shower curtains, but other than that, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

Oops, how could I forget the loud and explosive heat vent. It was in the single digits here at night, so I had to crank up the heat. Well, when the heat came on, it would wake me up. It was so loud and disturbing, I had a difficult time sleeping the first night, because it scared me out of my mind. Not sure why it was so loud or why it blasted the heat out like it did, but it needs to get fixed. I even cut the fan off in hopes to stop it, but all it did was cut the heat completely off. So I woke up in the middle of the night freezing! Very odd heating system.

Every staff member I encountered was very pleasant and helpful. They helped us out with getting taxi's, giving advice on where to go and was eager to assist us in any way.

The free breakfast came in handy because it was rather cold in the mornings here and my co-worker and I didn't want to go out in the cold just to get breakfast. This wasn't a Continental breakfast...it was custom made omelets, waffle stations, fresh fruit, hot biscuits and oatmeal station kind of breakfast! Very impressive! The foyer was nicely decorated for the holidays with a Christmas tree and gingerbread houses. They have a small bar with plenty of lounge seating on the 2nd level, a small store on the 1st level and a valet.

I enjoyed my stay here. I could see myself staying here again if I ever come back to KC.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front of the hotel. Otherwise, your view could be of a wall next to the build...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MsRaeRae
Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to KC.

Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My husband and I took a weekend getaway trip to Kansas City on the weekend before Thanksgiving. We booked directly through the hotel (as you always should for getaways and important trips). The Aladdin hotel helped to make out getaway truly special! The beautiful lobby immediately greats you with historic charm and elegance. The check-in staff was excellent, very courteous and helpful after a long day of travel. Antarrae was very helpful at check-in, Bradley the valet was quick to explain parking options and help us with our luggage, and a glass of champagne was such a special touch! Our room was stylish, clean and well decorated. We slept great and had no disturbances during the night. The Aladdin clearly has top-notch staff from the front of the house to the back of the house. Housekeeping did a tremendous job and we even had the pleasure of chatting with the head Chef – Bernard. His dishes are wonderful! Be sure to great him on your way in or out of the Zebra Room Restaurant. I will never stay anywhere else in Kansas City!

Room Tip: Always book directly through the hotel to ensure the most reliable information and reservation flexi...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ElisaMJFox
Sarah D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Please come back and see us very soon!

Missouri
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Rooms are pretty tiny and overpriced, but it's great for after concerts at the nearby Sprint Arena or if you're headed to the airport early in the morning and want to stay downtown.

Thankfully my wife and I had our phone alarms set because they forgot our wakeup call. They apologized, but if we had missed our flights that would have been pretty terrible.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I sincerely apologize you did not receive your wake up call. I will address it immediately with our staff. We hope to see you again!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This was a last minute trip and I booked this hotel through Priceline.com. Hotel is in a perfect downtown location and is within walking distance to the Kansas City Convention Center, H&R Block Headquarters, Sprint Center, Kauffman Center of the Performing Arts and the Kansas City Power And Light District. Countless number of restaurants are situated around the hotel. If your looking for food on the go, try stopping at Cosentino's Market located within a 5 minute walk from the hotel. If you plan to use public transportation, the Metro(Bus) has stops located just a few feet from the hotel. You can easily reach Kansas City Union Station, Crown Center Shops and Country Club Plaza by using the Metro. Getting to the hotel from KCI airport is easy and cheap. Take the Metro Bus 129 from KCI and connect to the Main St Max Bus and get off at the Wyandotte and 12th or at the Convention Center stop.The overall journey from the airport to hotel is about 1 hour and cost $1.50 OW or $3.00 for an all day pass. I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend this hotel. After 2 pm they offer champagne to their guests plus If you are a member of the IHG reward program, you'll receive an added "bonus" at check-in. Speaking of check-in, the employee that checked me in, greeted me with a smile, referred me by name and provided any information I needed. Excellent check-in experience and overall stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Brad S
That you for your review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful hotel. Also - thank you for all of the additional transportation information, I'm sure other readers will appreciate it!