Holiday Inn Kansas City Downtown Aladdin
US$163
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$270
US$203
US$188
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$128
Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$132
US$267
US$204
  • Restaurant
All reviewsconvention centerpower and light districtbrick wallzebra roomboutique hotelparking garage across the streetvalet parkingrooms are smallthe holiday innwithin walking distancecorner roomvalet servicefront desk staffwater pressurebed was very comfortableunion stationconcert
Reviewed 24 June 2009

I stayed here as part of a wedding block and I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms have been recently remodeled and the bed was really comfortable. The room was clean, the A/C worked perfectly (it was over 90 degrees outside) and I liked the city view. The room was also only $100! What a deal.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gconcierge
Reviewed 3 June 2009

My wife and I sometimes like to make a whole night of it when we go downtown for a concert. We have stayed at the Aladdin twice now doing this and both stays were very nice. Located just a few minutes walk from the Power & Light district and Sprint Center puts it in an ideal location for us. Both stays we were greeted with a glass of champagne during check-in which is a nice touch. The martini loft is nice where we could get great martinis and good appetizers. The rooms aren't huge but they are plenty big enough for the two of us. The beds are very comfortable and come with both soft and firm pillows so you have a choice. Great, friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ksav8r
Reviewed 1 June 2009

I tried to block off 20 rooms for a wedding. Called numerous times, left several voicemails, and several emails over a month long period... not ever one response.

Might be a nice hotel, but they definitely lost our business.

Stayed: May 2009
2  Thank kcwildcat35
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Got very reasonable rates through an internet travel service - $60. With a price that low, you begin to wonder what is sacrificed. But overall, this is a great value for a nice boutique hotel downtown. Yes, it is a few blocks from the Power and Light District, but no more than a 7 - 8 minute walk.

The hotel is indeed stylish, the most for a Holiday Inn I've ever seen. Red and black dominate. This does not come at the expense of the basics, which are to me clerk service, room cleanliness, and a sense of safety and security. With the exception of one clerk giving me the wrong directions to a restaurant, they were all great. The rooms were very clean, and the beds were a clean pure white and comfortable. The immediate area is characterized by hotels and the convention center, so you always saw at least one or two souls on the street.

Some inconveniences were: the TV, which you have to wait after you powered it up for it to show the channels -- I just left mine on the whole time. The parking is expensive $13 across the street, but I always found a space. Additionally, the hotel could have booked me for three days (F, S, S) for the garage, but only booked me for two, as I was only in KC for two full days. There are no bars to hang your towels. I saw no one in the restaurant, but there could be other explanations for that other than the quality of the food. The immediate area is lacking non-destination restaurants, but there is an upscale Cosentino's market that offers a full bakery and salad bar (including breakfast), so that's your resort if you can't find anything else to your liking that's open.

Overall it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank urbanokcadvisor
Reviewed 13 May 2009

We booked three rooms at the Aladdin for two nights. Needed a room with a meeting space for 6 and the sales staff recommended that we get a suite with a king. They were able to cut a reasonable deal and put the remaining members of our group in two double doubles on the same floor. The hotel itself is a really neat place--the history is fascinating and it is definitely not your run of the mill hotel. The staff was great at check-in, but did not offer the champagne others got.

Upon checking in to the rooms we did notice that there were a few touches that seemed to be missing in each room. Our room had hair on the floor, and the ribbons were missing from the pillows (I found them stuffed in the night stand). The mini-fridge had some old moldy cheese in it. . .it was a $30 brick of brie, but still, it was so moldy that it had discolored the inside of the door of the fridge. One of the showers had some bath or shaving gel on the wall. I would say that overall attention to detail of the cleaning staff is probably not a strong suit. . .though the towel elephants are kind of fun :) The rooms are described in other reviews as really small. Ours was definitely not the smallest I have ever stayed in, but the bathrooms were a little tight.

The location is superb. I had read other reviews that said that parking was a drawback, but we parked for $12 a day across the street in a very well lit parking garage and were able to put it on our room tab. We were also able to come and go as needed with no hassle. I wonder if you could park just a short block away (depending on weather) at one of the other garages in the Power and Light district for the advertised $2 a day that we saw later. Just down the street is a great Constantino's market that I would recommend for breakfast since the restaurant in the hotel was really overpriced for that meal. The wait staff was courteous and attentive, but there were only 4 of us in the restaurant that morning. We didn't get to make the martini bar, which is sad.

The view from the hotel was really neat-- I grew up with the KPL building as one of my favorite kansas city landmarks so to be able to see it change colors from bed at night was a treat. We also had a gargoyle right outside of our window that I swear I thought was going to turn and look at me at any given moment. You don't get that every day.

I would not stay here with children, as there is no pool, and there are other options in the metro that would be funner for them.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business