“Loved my KC "Staycation" at the Aladdin!”

Holiday Inn Aladdin
Ranked #46 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City, Missouri
“Loved my KC "Staycation" at the Aladdin!”
Reviewed 25 January 2011

Wintertime is a slow time for most hotels, therefore it is the BEST time to get GREAT RATES!!! Our experience was significantly improved by contacting Jim, the Guest Services Manager of the Aladdin, before we visited the hotel. Jim hooked us up with a great corner room, very modern and updated, with an excellent view of the surrounding Marriot Hotel's lit up wall, the snow covered park withlights on the trees and a location which is walking distance to any downtown entertainment or cuisine - any time of the day! We werealso one block from the Cosentinos market, where we stocked up on snacks for the weekend, which helped us on our budget!
The service was awesome! The front desk poured up champagne upon our arrival and checked us in quickly and efficiently. The tiny elevators added a touch of old charm and lifted us up to our room.
The corner room is a must-have here and although the furniture and bed were updated, the bath tub needed a little resurfacing and the heater was pretty loud when it kicked on. I also slept a little funky, maybe it was the pillow, or maybe it was the concert I attended, but I woke up with a kink in my neck. Hmm? For thses reasons, I gave the hotel lower marks. However, I truly enjoyed the stay overall. I never did get a chance to try the restaurant, although I hear great things!
The parking was decent, I actually found off street parking two out of the three days I stayed, which also helped with my budget.
I would definitely stay here again! The rates are TOO GOOD TO PASS UP for such a unique KC beauty. Lots of history and cool secret hallways to check out, a fancy ballroom up top and charm to win anyone over.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
jtimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this review, 11 February 2011
Dear mspanda318,

I am so glad we could hook you up with your "staycation" at the Aladdin! I did want to let you know that we have started resurfacing our tubs and bathrooms and hope to have all rooms completed by March. Your account of the stay was excellent and really painted a picture for someone not familiar with the Aladdin. Please know you are always welcome at the Aladdin and we would love to see you again!

Yours in Hospitality,
Jim Timmons, Guest Service Manager
Aladdin Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
New Haven, CT
Reviewed 13 January 2011

Stayed there for a job interview. I booked it through hotwire. Room was colorful and "boutique"-like. The hotel is renovated so it isn't a brand new building but the renovations add an edge to the atmosphere. Decent restaurant and drinks available. Even greater, spa down stairs is quite and I went and got a mani-pedi before my dinner. Gym is small but what really it is what you would expect in a holiday inn. Valet parking is convenient, didn't have any problems. Service was pretty good but could have been a little more attentive as I was the only person in the lobby as I was waiting to get my room. Had my flight been canceled, I would have gone straight back to the hotel and went downstairs to the spa for a massage.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
jtimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this review, 16 February 2011
Dear LauraK0220,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Aladdin Hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I hope your interview went well. It's great to hear you were able to utilize the spa during your stay. It makes something ordinary into something special. Please know you are always welcome at the Aladdin and we look forward to seeing you again.

Yours in Hospitality,
Jim Timmons, Guest Service Manager
The Aladdin, a boutique hotel
Derby, Kansas
Reviewed 9 January 2011

If you do be careful with your belongings!!! We had a very expensive camera stole from our room and it could have only been from their housekeeping department! I noticed another customer had the same misfortune two months ago!

Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bthummel
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 6 January 2011

had a stay there one night, My car was returned with damage, The said they would get back with me. They have never returned my calls Beware

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank klr0317
Washington
Reviewed 10 December 2010

A good effort; nice staff; champagne on arrival is a nice touch. But the room itself felt old and not all that clean, even if it had hip-looking appointments. "Gym" was small and really old, equipment worked sporadically. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank kaybee001
Reviewed 2 December 2010

We stayed 2 nights over the weekend to visit friends.
We were greeted at the front desk with complimentary glasses of champagne which we were not expecting. Our room was a little small but for what we needed it was perfect. The room smelled a little smoky so I left a note for housekeeping and when we returned later they had managed to get rid of the smell and left a bottle of air freshener just in case.
The lady at the front desk gave us directions to a great local steak house, The Majestic, which was in walking distance and was a fantastic experience. When we came back to the hotel we enjoyed a cocktail in their lounge. The bartender was friendly and very hospitable.
The next night we walked to the power and light district and had a great time.

Overall the location is ideal and the service is excellent!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
jtimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this review, 8 December 2010
Dear kbadenoch,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Aladdin. We value all of our guests' comments and really appreciate the great review. I was glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Aladdin along with your "fantastic" experience at the Majestic Steak House, both are Kansas City originals. We would love for you to come and see us again!

Have a great Holiday Season!!

Jim Timmons, GSM
Aladdin Holiday Inn, Kansas City, MO
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 November 2010

We had the most amazing service ever! The staff were so helpful as far as giving advice on where to eat, sights to see, where to shop etc. Loved the decor in the lobby and our room even though we had a view of a brick wall we were extremely happy with our room-very comfy bed and pillows, wonderful shower, quiet, and most importantly the very welcoming hospitality of the staff. The champagne at check-in was the most amazing feature because it was unexpected and hit the spot after hours of traveling! I wouldn't look anywhere else for an awesome hotel because this is it!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Dear CAblossom,

Thank you very much for the comments on your recent stay at the Aladdin. It's great to know we are delivering "amazing service" to our guests. Our staff takes great pride in the service they deliver and always strives to make our guest feel welcomed and comfortable.

Please know you are welcome here at the Aladdin!

Happy Holiday!