“Great food. Service needs a little help though. I don't usually think I should have to remind a waiter to wait on me.”
Review of Jerusalem Bakery

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 1 December 2007

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Maui, Hawaii
“I often crave their lentil soup. Shawarma chicken gyro is good as well. Not the best hummus I've had, but decent.”
Reviewed 24 November 2007

KC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Among the best food in KC. Period.”
Reviewed 10 August 2007

I'm a longtime KC resident who likes great food cheap, and so I'd recommend the Jerusalem Bakery & Cafe at 1404 Westport Rd. in Midtown (not to be confused with Jerusalem Cafe in Westport, about half a mile east). Its buffet includes, among other things, fish, chicken, meat loaf, mousaka and a variety of cooked and raw vegetables and salads. I've tried it all and it passes muster easily. These guys (it is guys, I've never seen a gal behind the counter) know how to cook. Price is approximately $8 and includes the drink. Don't expect "atmosphere" here. This is a place where the well-heeled come for take-out . I, on the other hand, gladly eat-in on a comfortable booth :-).

Also in Midtown, try China Tom's at 2816 W. 47th Street (County Line Rd.) at Mission Rd. Again I'd recommend the lunchtime buffet. Get there before the 2PM closing time. $5 (not including drinks, which are also inexpensive) will get you an amazing assortment of well-prepared Chinese dishes that are FRESH. A whole large fish is often included in the buffet, as well as the more usual, beef and broccoli, fried pork (very tender), fried and white rice, scrambled eggs with tomatoes, mushrooms, shrimp, and many steamed greens: turnip, bok choy, green beans, and so on. The dessert buffet is pretty (I like the little decorated cake squares) as well as tasty. Good appetite! I can't believe the price for the quality. Be sure to leave a generous tip.