“Extremely Dissatisfied”

Residence Inn Kansas City Airport
Ranked #37 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I normally don't write reviews. As a matter of fact this is my first and I feel compelled to express my displeasure with this property and their level of service. We stayed at this RI over the Labor Day weekend and upon our arrival we were greeted by a friendly receptionist and that was the best part of our stay. We had to move/relocate to 4 different rooms before I finally gave up and accepted the last room. The room was dirty, the carpet was tattered, the furniture was old, soiled and needed to be replaced. The shower curtain had mildew or worst on it in one of the rooms we moved from and the shower rod was falling apart. The rooms are extremely cold and I agree with some of the others reviews that this property is in the middle of nowhere and virtually isolated. At no time was I offered for our inconvenience a room upgrade or discount nor did I ask, I feel this review is all the discount I need. I was so disappointed with this hotel, that I am reconsidering my Marriott rewards membership and I WILL NEVER RETURN TO THIS PROPERTY AND RECOMMEND YOU FIND ANOTHER LOCATION!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bp955336
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Kansas City Airport

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel is such a dissapointment! The rooms are not very clean and the furniture is so worn out...the location is literally in the middle of no where so be prepared to be either staring at a parking lot or the highway . I would definitely not stay here again or reccomend anyone else to stay here.

1  Thank Caligirl1993
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night over the Forth of July weekend as we had a 7am flight out on Sunday morning. Given status with Marriott, we only considered the Courtyard, full-service Marriott, and this location. We eventually decided on this hotel as it looked the newest in the pictures and received good ratings from other Trip Advisor members. Great choice!!! We had a seamless checkin and purchased a couple of items from their market. The lobby was like a mountain lodge--new and open. Our room was huge--I would estimate 600+ square feet with a microwave, fridge, cooktop, and dishwasher. We didn't use any of those items, but they were all stainless and looked great. They also included a free bag of microwaveable popcorn in the room which I thought was a cute touch. The bedroom was a separate room with a very comfortable king sized bed. My favorite part of the stay was the next morning: we arranged to use their shuttle with a 6am departure. The gentleman who took us to the airport left promptly at 6am instead of waiting around a few extra minutes for others. This was a big deal for us as we cut the departure time kind of close but his punctuality got us there in plenty of time. He was also very friendly--even for 6am. Great stay all around!

1  Thank Maximillion1000000
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here twice in one week. We had a one bedroom suite for Mon, Tue. We had a two bedroom suite on Fri. The roooms were spacious clean and modern. The beds were very comfortable. Everyone feom the staff including, front desk, room service, cleaning were happy and friendly.

1  Thank Terry0322
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We made our reservation a month in advance for our family of 5. We specifically booked this hotel due to its proximity to the airport and the fact that it had suits with two bedrooms and two bathrooms so we could quickly get ready for an early flight in the morning.

We pulled up at about 9:30 PM, and our first surprise was being informed that they did not have the suite room available that we reserved. Apparently another long term guest decided to stay an additional day, so they let him keep the room instead of honoring our reservation.

We did not have many options after driving for over 3 hours and having to leave early the next morning for the airport, so we took the two rooms they offered for the price of one. They were not even on the same floor, so we split the family up for the night. My room had a bed and a pull-out for the tree of us. The pull-out did not have any bedding. I called the front desk, and they apologized but said it would be more than 30 minutes before someone could bring it up - seriously! We already were past 10:00 and needed to get to bed. Fortunately, there was bedding in my wife's room, so I had her bring that up to our room.

Once we got to our destination, we realized that my son had left an entire set of clothing in the bathroom when he took a shower. We called the hotel, and they said they would call us back if they found it. Apparently not - no call back. Looks like someone on the cleaning crew picked up some nice American Eagle shorts.

Everyone was friendly...just not very helpful.

Room Tip: Be sure you call before arriving to make sure they still have the room you reserved!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Stayed here on the way out of town one friday nite. The furniture in the room was showing wear and the ceiling around the ac vent was black with dirt. Breakfast was ok but please fix the lid on the serving tray. It does not stay up. What really bothered me was the staff always speaking Spanish in frt of the customers. Thought I was in KC. Very rude.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Qzthgb
Reviewed 6 June 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on May 31st. We had stayed at another hotel close by prior to leaving for our trip and decided to cancel our return stay due to the condition of the hotel. A great choice on our part. Upon a late arrival I was greeted warmly by the on-duty associate and quickly given a key for our room. Room was large and Inviting. Best of all it was comfortable!! Breakfast the next morning was excellent and included many choices. Checking out was a breeze and was again warmly greeted by the desk personnel. What really got me was the cleaning and maintenance people. While in the elevator, the maintenance guy asked how my stay was, which surprised me. The cleaning staff also gave a friendly greet and asked if there was anything I needed. This was separate from the conversation in the elevator. As a frequent traveler, I thought that the employees went above and beyond. We highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple