“Highly Recommend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Ohio
“Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was our second stay at the Kansas City Airport Residence Inn. The last time was a couple years ago. We needed a pet friendly suite hotel and they're hard to find. We're also picky, so it was nice to find an excellent place to stay that would accomodate our whole family, even our 4-legged member. The rooms & hotel were clean - a real, big plus in my book. The breakfast was great - lots of hot choices, well stocked, and the fitness room was well equipped. The location was also convenient and the staff were all friendly and helpful. I'd highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ResidenceInn-MCI, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
CaliforniaGirl2 -

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to leave a great experience on TripAdvisor.

I'm glad to hear that you and your 'four-legged member' had an enjoyable stay here. The entire staff has been working hard to strive for excellence and it's nice to see that our improvements have not gone unnoticed.

Hopefully we will see you again soon!

816-741-2300

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Wood River, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Our three night stay in a two-bedroom suite was perfect. We made good use of the refrigerator and found the beds very comfortable. Nice free breakfast and evening snacks. Staff was very friendly. Nice and quiet even though near the airport. Easy access to Leavenworth, where we visited the C. W. Parker Carousel Museum and easy to get on the Interstate for a trip to Country Club Plaza, Loose Park, and Swope Park.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ResidenceInn-MCI, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Stubnco -

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I'm glad you had a great experience from check-in to check-out. We have really tried increasing the service that all departments bring to each of our guests.

Hopefully we will see you in the future!

Mainz, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Traveled with a group for business, so I booked all of the rooms until arrival. When we arrived front desk swiped all of our credit cards and I thought everything was good (keep in mind we do this on a regular basis; one person makes all of the travel arrangements for the group). I returned home and after a few weeks discovered that charges were on my credit card that I did not make. It turns out that when we checked in two memebers of our group remained on my credit card. I called and we resolved the issue internally, but all of this could have been avoided in the front desk had verified that the credit card's were changed to the individual travler. Now on to the rooms....This is a really nice property but their cleaning could use some real improvement. Several surfaces in our room appeared to have been wiped with a soiled towel because you could see the residue that remained. There were also surfaces that were dirty and sticky. The pool was nice but the seats in the jacuzzi were so high it was impossible to really enjoy because the majority of your upper body was out of the water. Breakfast was good and the staff was friendly. The dinner was nothing to brag about, but it was included so I cannot complain.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank stbunco
ResidenceInn-MCI, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I wanted to take a moment to apologize for the concerns you had over billing and cleanliness. Although I was not personally involved with your problems I'm glad to hear that our dedicated staff were able to take care of the concerns you had.

We strive very hard to provide quality breakfast and I'm very happy to see that you enjoyed not only what we served but the staff as well.

You might find it interesting that the Residence Inn brand does not require 'dinner' to be served. Residence Inn brand also suggests that we provide a more 'social experience' featuring only light appetizers and finger foods only 3 days per week. We strive to go out of our way to go above and beyond by offering a full dinner Monday - Thursday. We have been working on the quality and menu selection to make everyone happy.

If you have a moment please feel free to connect with me to discuss some ideas you might have for our Evening Social and more feedback that you might have come up with.

Thank you again for your feedback. Without feedback complacency sets in and we cannot push to become better.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel have those " welcome home" feeling. I stay for 3 nights for a business trip. This hotel provide you with a friendly staff, good breakfast and dinner. The room is big with a full kitchen. The only thing you need to pay attention is when you are going to use the dishes, make sure you wash it first in the dishwasher. Other than that, this is a good hotel and it is only about 2 miles from Zona Rosa shopping mall. The hotel also provide a shuttle service to the airport.

• Stayed September 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I normally don't write reviews. As a matter of fact this is my first and I feel compelled to express my displeasure with this property and their level of service. We stayed at this RI over the Labor Day weekend and upon our arrival we were greeted by a friendly receptionist and that was the best part of our stay. We had to move/relocate to 4 different rooms before I finally gave up and accepted the last room. The room was dirty, the carpet was tattered, the furniture was old, soiled and needed to be replaced. The shower curtain had mildew or worst on it in one of the rooms we moved from and the shower rod was falling apart. The rooms are extremely cold and I agree with some of the others reviews that this property is in the middle of nowhere and virtually isolated. At no time was I offered for our inconvenience a room upgrade or discount nor did I ask, I feel this review is all the discount I need. I was so disappointed with this hotel, that I am reconsidering my Marriott rewards membership and I WILL NEVER RETURN TO THIS PROPERTY AND RECOMMEND YOU FIND ANOTHER LOCATION!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank bp955336
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel is such a dissapointment! The rooms are not very clean and the furniture is so worn out...the location is literally in the middle of no where so be prepared to be either staring at a parking lot or the highway . I would definitely not stay here again or reccomend anyone else to stay here.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Caligirl1993
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night over the Forth of July weekend as we had a 7am flight out on Sunday morning. Given status with Marriott, we only considered the Courtyard, full-service Marriott, and this location. We eventually decided on this hotel as it looked the newest in the pictures and received good ratings from other Trip Advisor members. Great choice!!! We had a seamless checkin and purchased a couple of items from their market. The lobby was like a mountain lodge--new and open. Our room was huge--I would estimate 600+ square feet with a microwave, fridge, cooktop, and dishwasher. We didn't use any of those items, but they were all stainless and looked great. They also included a free bag of microwaveable popcorn in the room which I thought was a cute touch. The bedroom was a separate room with a very comfortable king sized bed. My favorite part of the stay was the next morning: we arranged to use their shuttle with a 6am departure. The gentleman who took us to the airport left promptly at 6am instead of waiting around a few extra minutes for others. This was a big deal for us as we cut the departure time kind of close but his punctuality got us there in plenty of time. He was also very friendly--even for 6am. Great stay all around!

• Stayed July 2013