“Just Great - that is why we travel to the mid-west”

Residence Inn Kansas City Airport
Ranked #37 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We recently stayed on two separate nights on our way in, and out of the US. The folks running this establishment were just great. Friendly, helpful and engaging. We checked in late at night on new years eve. I called down to check on how long until the courtesy bus would pass by my terminal and only had a short wait in the frozen conditions at KCI. The lady driving was the most welcoming spirit and greeted us all with her warm and friendly style.

At reception, the welcome was again warm and there was a signed letter from the manager. The room was clean, well appointed and exactly what we had come to expect from the Residence Inn.

Location to KCI was excellent and it was a perfect reception location and last stop prior to flying. Hotel facilities were also very good and the breakfast was great.

The big difference at this Residence Inn is the staff. They are excellent. I may have this wrong but I particularly recall Theresa and Sarah.

We will be there again when next in Kansas City.

Room Tip: We asked for a high room. The complex has 4-5 levels. We were well away from the dog rooms and despi...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NandiSkipper
ResidenceInn-MCI, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

"NandiSkipper" -

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review for us!

I'm very glad to read that you had excellent customer service from our shuttle driver, front desk staff and more! I too agree Robin, Sarah and Theresa do an excellent job.

The personalized 'Welcome Letter" from myself to our Elite Members is something I started last year. This by no means is a Marriott "standard" but just something that I wanted to do to for our Elite Members to show our thanks.

I hope to see you again in the future!

Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I spent one night here and liked it very much. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I was given a top floor room when I requested a quiet location. The room was clean and nicely decorated. I love the colors in the whole hotel. Some of the furnishings were near the point of needing replacing (the living room chair and a few of the lamp shades) The pool was nice and warm. I would suggest they turn the heat up a bit in the hot tub and get some bigger pool towels. The beds were comfortable. There was plenty of hot water although the tub is really small. It's nice to have the free internet connection and free breakfast (which was pretty good). Although I got a quiet top floor room I could still hear the neighbors until 1am but this was just rude guest and not the hotels fault. This is a great location if you want to be close to the airport. It's also only about 5 minutes away from an AMC movie theater and the really nice shopping district Zona Rosa. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank psychrnm
ResidenceInn-MCI, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear "Psychrnm"

Thank you for taking the time to complete a great TripAdvisor review! I'm glad you enjoyed your time here.

I'm very pleased to tell you that you're not the only one that can see the minor "wear and tear" in our guest rooms! We have been working the past few months diligently with a local upholster to recover not only the red chairs but also the red ottomans found in our guest rooms. We've successfully gotten about 20% of the hotel completed with these new updates!

Thank you again for being able to overlook some of our slight imperfections while you were here. I'm glad you were able to focus on our 'good' things such as breakfast, the pool area and our proximity to area attractions.

Hopefully we will see you again soon!!

Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Our group of six co-workers were on our way home for the Christmas hollidays and had early flights out of the Kansas City Airport. We decided to stay over overnite at the local Residence Inn so that we could return our rental cars and get to the airport on time for our early flights.
I asked the gentleman at the front desk for help in arranging our transportation. He made arrangements for us to be picked up at the car rental office and even dropped us off at a wonderful restaurant for dinner. They even picked us up after dinner and returned us to the hotel. The next day, since their airport shuttle did not begin until 5 am, he arranged for a special shuttle to take us to the airport. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone flying into or out of Kansas City Airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
ResidenceInn-MCI, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Richard K -

Thank you for taking the time to complete a nice review on TripAdvisor! I'm glad that my shuttle driver(s) were able to assist you and your group with transportation.

Even though our Hotel Shuttle service times are 5am-10pm we go 'above and beyond' by contracting out local car service for our guests to get back/forth to the airport! I'm glad this service worked out for you.

Thank you again and hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

What started as one of the most stressful days for a father ended with the help of the staff at the Residence Inn Kansas City Airport on one of the highest notes. My college age daughter who is traveling back home to California for the winter break was stranded at MCI airport after a 14 hour delayed flight to Denver to finally having the flight canceled on her at 11 pm last night. With limited fund in her pocket and unable to return back to school because the dorms had closed for the break and road conditions made travel horrible. After scrambling to find my daughter a place for the night and being shut down by a few of the competitors I called the Residence Inn. This is were what was one of the highest stress moment I have been faced with regarding the well being of my daughter that the staff jumped through so many hoops to help relieve that stress and assure me that she would be well taken care of. Theresa help me set up a last minute reservation to assure that my daughter had a warm and comfortable room waiting for her, I was then transferred to Sarah at the front desk. The roads were nearly undrive able last night from the airport to the hotel but Sarah made arrangements to have a personal cab sent to pick up my daughter. The cab arrived but do to the luggage delay issues from the airlines which now appeared to last over an hour he was forced to leave. After my daughter finally was able to retrieve her luggage she was given the direct line to Sarah to reschedule pick up. Sarah also assisted me in arranging payment since my daughter was traveling on limited funds and no credit card. My daughter finally arrived after an 30 minute 2.9 mile drive in some very treacherous driving conditions (another shout out to the young lady driver for doing this, it would have been so easy to just say "The roads are not drive able sorry"). Sarah checked my daughter in and had her taken to her room. My daughter felt like the Queen of Kansas with this personal attention. I was texted after she arrived in her room to be told it was one of the best rooms she has stayed in (she has a lot to reference this with over the years and has been to 4 star hotels in the past with my wife and I) . She said the halls are clean and nice the room was very comfortable and nicely furnished all thing she was not expecting for the price, but most of all she has been very impressed on how she has been taken care of and is being made to feel as she is the only person staying there (the hotel is nearly booked out because of the weather affecting several flight cancellation through out the Midwest). The Residence Inn has shown me that not only do they have Customer Service as one of the highest amenities that they offer but everyone that we have had contact with have not only bought ownership in it but want to take it over the top. Again the facilities are first rate for the cost but the service is what is taking this stay over the top.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
ResidenceInn-MCI, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Craig A -

I can't even begin to say how great this guest compliment was! Although I would very much like to take credit for all of the training we have given Sarah (haha) she is one of our top employees here. Your comment really shows that she went above and beyond!

Sarah remembers the situation very clearly and said that she was just doing what was right and more importantly what was necessary to ensure a problem free stay!

I hope that we get a chance to serve you in the future.

Thank you again for the great comments!

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

This is one of the nicer Marriott's we have stayed at recently. I don't have any complaints at all. Which is rare for me. The pool was clean and indoor. Our room was updated and clean. The towels were white and the front desk staff were friendly and pleasant. Breakfast was a full bar of all of the goodies, as is standard with all Residence Inns. After driving 12 hours this is the kind of hotel you want to stay in especially if you have kids.

Stayed: December 2013

Smbreezee -

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a great review on TripAdvisor for us!

I'm very glad you enjoyed your trip from start to finish. We have been working very hard to 'up' our standards for Breakfast and it looks like our hard work is starting to pay off. Recently we also spent a lot of money redoing our Hot Tub area and I'm glad to see that you (and possibly the kids) noticed it!

I hope to see you back soon! Enjoy your new year,

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was our second stay at the Kansas City Airport Residence Inn. The last time was a couple years ago. We needed a pet friendly suite hotel and they're hard to find. We're also picky, so it was nice to find an excellent place to stay that would accomodate our whole family, even our 4-legged member. The rooms & hotel were clean - a real, big plus in my book. The breakfast was great - lots of hot choices, well stocked, and the fitness room was well equipped. The location was also convenient and the staff were all friendly and helpful. I'd highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
ResidenceInn-MCI, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

CaliforniaGirl2 -

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to leave a great experience on TripAdvisor.

I'm glad to hear that you and your 'four-legged member' had an enjoyable stay here. The entire staff has been working hard to strive for excellence and it's nice to see that our improvements have not gone unnoticed.

Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Our three night stay in a two-bedroom suite was perfect. We made good use of the refrigerator and found the beds very comfortable. Nice free breakfast and evening snacks. Staff was very friendly. Nice and quiet even though near the airport. Easy access to Leavenworth, where we visited the C. W. Parker Carousel Museum and easy to get on the Interstate for a trip to Country Club Plaza, Loose Park, and Swope Park.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
ResidenceInn-MCI, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Stubnco -

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I'm glad you had a great experience from check-in to check-out. We have really tried increasing the service that all departments bring to each of our guests.

Hopefully we will see you in the future!