“Nice Place To Stay”

Ranked #38 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Grafenwohr, Germany
“Nice Place To Stay”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Had a really good 3 week stay at the hotel. Free internet. Nice big TV in the living room and another in the bedroom. King bed was comfortable and plenty of pillows. The bathroom/toilet area was nice, clean, and separated. The kitchen was super. Microwave, toaster, plates, silverware, glasses, coffee pot, large refrigerator, dishwasher. Couch, chair and a table or two in the living room. Desk and both wired/wireless internet available. Good speed. microwave popcorn and coffee replaced everyday.

My bed was made everyday. But I am pretty sure the place was not cleaned regularly.

The staff were very helpful. Free travel available to the airport, local shopping areas, a casino, to local restaurants. They will even do your grocery shopping for you! Yes...you read that correctly. Give them your list in the morning...your groceries are in your room later in the day. They forgot mine a couple of times and I had to remind them...but they were there the next afternoon. And at NO EXTRA charge.

Swimming pool and jacuzzi were very comfortable. There is a small Gym. Breakfast is good every morning. And dinners are available Mon - Thursday. The food is not bad - great for the price...FREE.

Large lobby area with tables and chairs are super meeting area. They also have conference rooms with white boards.

Not much in the immediate area..but a couple of restaurants are within a 15min walk.

Only negatives - the water running through the pipes are pretty loud. There is no times posted for the laundry area...and with my room right next to it...that was annoying when idiots started doing their laundry at 5am..yes 5 am!

The elevator is pretty slow.

Room Tip: Stay away from the laundry room and the elevator!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ResidenceInn-MCI, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear "James J"

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I really enjoyed reading how pleased you were with pretty much your entire stay.

My staff really work hard ensuring that all of our guests are happy when they are with us and I'm glad to see that you had great comments about them.

Thank you also for giving some feedback on the laundry facilities. I don't think I have gotten a complaint on the noise level from usage before. Your comment makes me wonder if we should stop providing 24-hour usage and structure it more around day time / early evening usage only. It gives me something to think about!!

Hopefully we can see you soon!

Thanks,

Guest Services Manager
816-741-2300

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We have stayed at this property at least 3 times. Our first visit 2 years ago, we were incredibly happy (5 stars), everything was in great condition. Our last two visits more recently, our experience was not as great. We are a family of four and like Residence Inn's because we will typically use the pull out couch. Both times, even when requested in advance, this hotel did not have bedding in the room for the pull out sofa. We arrived very late and then needed to wait on bed linens. The bed linens we received were a little worn and the sofa mattress in both suites were stained, one so much so, that my son decided to make up the top of the sofa to sleep on instead of the mattress. In the same suite, the bathtub was very stained and just looked really dirty. We travel quite a bit and stay at many Marriott properties, usually we are very happy. This hotel's condition and condition of linens did not meet our expectations. On the brighter side, the staff here is extremely friendly and they do their best to make sure quests are happy. They were very helpful with directions and recommendations in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MWS787
ResidenceInn-MCI, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear MWS787 -

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor survey!

I really appreciate the fact that you decided to stay with us recently after not been back for the past two years.

I'm sorry to hear that your stay wasn't as great as your first one. However; you'll be pleased to know that your concerns are not 'new' to us. We discuss quite often the replacements of our sofa sleepr mattresses / linen. Unfortunately, it's difficult to do this replacement for 152 rooms at one time so we are slowly but surely providing replacements as necessary. Also, we are working on a $2 million dollar renovation project that encompasses guest room furniture, carpet and more!! We are very excited about this and cannot wait to see the outcome!!

Please connect with me when you get a moment if you have any questions or other concerns you would like to talk about.

Guest Services Manager
816741-2300
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed here on a overnight layover. The staff was great and the property was newer. It's close to the Kansas City Airport and offers a delightful full breakfast. We will definetly be staying here again when our travels begin us to the area.

Thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
ResidenceInn-MCI, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
"JJKMO" -

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review on TripAdvisor!

I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful full breakfast. We've been working very hard the past several months in updating our hotel and breakfast area! It's good to see that our hard work is paying off.

michael.mcfarland@Jqh.com
Bay City, Michigan
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We resided here for more than 9 months. The desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful in helping us settle in. The hotel has everything you need one exit away down the highway, and a shuttle to take you where you need to get to. Its immediate area is quiet and relaxing. The large outdoor patio is a great place to relax in the evening. We travel with 2 large breed dogs, both of whom were also made feel very welcome there. I would highly recommend this location. The staff work hard to make sure your stay is happy and comfortable. If any issues arrive they work to address them quickly. They are also welcoming to suggestions from the guests perspective.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BigDogCouple
ResidenceInn-MCI, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
"BigDogCouple" -

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review on TripAdvisor.

I'm glad to read that you had a nice time here and were really made to feel like this was your 'home' for the past 9 months!

We sure are going to miss you guys and your 2 big dogs they made a huge impact on our staff and other long term guests!! Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Keep in touch!

Singapore
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We moved here from the down town marriott. The rooms are so much better and homely , we even have a real fire in the living room , the pool is good and the gym just a touch small but communal areas are well maintained. Staff are great and willing to help in all situations / requests . Well located for Zona Rosa shopping .
Good shuttle service too I believe yet to try this.
Stay here and you will have a home from home.

• Stayed February 2014
"gbjl247" -

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review on TripAdvisor!! Although it's not common for guests to move from one Marriott property to another I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here!

You are correct, the Residence Inn brand really does provide a more 'at home' vibe. Just like yourself a lot of our guests really enjoy the room size, ammenities and other things that we have to offer.

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our pool / gym. We spent a lot of money recently with a hot tub upgrade and new carpeting in the gym area. I'm glad to see you noticed.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed before a flight out of KCI. The free Shuttle Service was top notch. The parking rate a much better value than airport economy lots and much more convenient. We were blown away by the free breakfast buffet which had so many choices, I couldn't decide where to start. The waffles are the best I have ever had. They had it all, including biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage and hash rounds.
The sparkling clean suites were very large and included a full fridge, two TV's, a fully stocked kitchen, and they even will shop for your groceries at no charge.The separate living room and bedroom was so nice, I wanted to live there. To top it off, they offer a full dinner in the evenings, totally free of charge. We saved a ton of money staying here, because we never had to leave. If we wanted to eat out, the super nice and helpful front desk staff were ready with delivery options, as well as an extensive list of plenty of restaurants within a short drive.
We will certainly be staying here when we need to fly out of KCI for all the great perks they offer.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent, but if a courtyard side is available, it may be a little quieter for an...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kansas City G
"Kansas City G" -

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review on TripAdvisor!

I'm glad to read that your stay with us (although short) was very enjoyable! We've been working for almost a year to enhance our breakfast buffet and evening social. It looks like we are doing great things after reading your compliments! I'm excited to see that you enjoyed both and I too agree that the Residence Inn has a lot of 'bang-for-the-buck' (complimentary shuttle, breakfast, dinner, internet etc) although I am probably a little biased! :)

We've also been working hard with training and implementation in our housekeeping department! I'm glad to see that you really enjoyed the cleanliness of your room.

Until next time,

Nandi
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We recently stayed on two separate nights on our way in, and out of the US. The folks running this establishment were just great. Friendly, helpful and engaging. We checked in late at night on new years eve. I called down to check on how long until the courtesy bus would pass by my terminal and only had a short wait in the frozen conditions at KCI. The lady driving was the most welcoming spirit and greeted us all with her warm and friendly style.

At reception, the welcome was again warm and there was a signed letter from the manager. The room was clean, well appointed and exactly what we had come to expect from the Residence Inn.

Location to KCI was excellent and it was a perfect reception location and last stop prior to flying. Hotel facilities were also very good and the breakfast was great.

The big difference at this Residence Inn is the staff. They are excellent. I may have this wrong but I particularly recall Theresa and Sarah.

We will be there again when next in Kansas City.

Room Tip: We asked for a high room. The complex has 4-5 levels. We were well away from the dog rooms and despi...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NandiSkipper
"NandiSkipper" -

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review for us!

I'm very glad to read that you had excellent customer service from our shuttle driver, front desk staff and more! I too agree Robin, Sarah and Theresa do an excellent job.

The personalized 'Welcome Letter" from myself to our Elite Members is something I started last year. This by no means is a Marriott "standard" but just something that I wanted to do to for our Elite Members to show our thanks.

I hope to see you again in the future!