“Can't say enough nice things about this hotel”

Residence Inn Kansas City Airport
Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
schizo
“Can't say enough nice things about this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2009

I Stayed in this hotel June 2009. This is by far one of the best places I've ever stayed. The staff was so friendly and helpful, from the moment I called for a shuttle from the airport until the moment I checked out, I was treated like royalty. The rooms are like little cozy apartments. My room was beautiful. The bed was plush and comfortable. The breakfast was the best I've ever had at a hotel. Biscuits and gravy, waffles, scrambled eggs, pastries, muffins etc. The indoor pool was nice and clean. The workout cardio equipment was state of the art. It was a wonderful stay. I will definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Lisaphillipsrn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2009

Great place to stay. A few things could be better, but very nice. We had some airplane noise in the mid-morning. Cleaning staff could have been more attentive. Breakfast was not as good as at some Residence Inns. Overall a very good place to stay.

Vernon Hills, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2009

Stayed one night after touring KU down in Lawrence in preparation for leaving home back to Chicago the next day. Wanted to be close to the airport so we could sleep in. We arrived and check in was simple and great. Lobby was nice and big and staff were very friendly. We got the suite with the two queen beds and hideaway couch due to traveling with teens who are the opposite sex. Walked into the suite and we were impressed. The decor was modern, clean, had a huge fridge, kitchen area and complimentary bag of popcorn to enjoy. Small little dining table - flat screen TV's in living area and bedroom which was separated by a door. Bathroom nice size with sinks outside of toilet/shower area which is a big win with 4 people in the room. The beds were comfortable and room was great. Left to eat dinner nearby which was nice to have a whole mall/entertainment area so close. Breakfast the next morning was great - waffles, eggs, sausage, french toast, bagels, muffins - very impressive and all of this for an unbelieveable price of way under $100. (I got a prepaid room). The pool area was nice, used the hot tub. Very clean and kept up! The experience was awesome, staff were helpful and we would definately staff here again.

2 Thank pmazcomm
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2009

Free breakfast 7 days a week, and a free light dinner Monday-Thursday make this hotel one we will go back to. Easy & quick access to downtown. Nice rooms. Typical wear and tear in hallways, but rooms were well kept. Next time we're in KC, we'll book it again!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2009

We had the pleasure of staying at the Residence Inn KC in April of 2009. We actually stayed both on the way to and from Colorado. This hotel was quite a surprise to say the least. It was a bit off of our I-70 route, but, we were so happy that we took the extra few minutes to find this special gem. My family has had the opportunity to travel all over the world, and stay in some of the finest accommodations. The cleanliness and modern decor of this hotel could give any 5 star resort a run for the money. We had a one bedroom suite that was spotless. It truly seemed as if not a soul ever set foot through the door. And, as we all know this is a wonderful thing these days. The room had a full kitchen, sitting room with flat panel TV, small dining table, and a separate bedroom with 2 large beds. And there was a patio that had a sliding door that led to the courtyard. We were traveling with our service dog, so the patio dog was a welcome exit. We were made to feel incredibly welcome and we will truly remember the staff at the Residence Inn Kansas City!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Midwest
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2009

I stay in this area often and usually stay at the Marriott up by the airport or the Courtyard across I-29 but decided to try the Residence Inn based on the positive reviews here on Tripadvisor. My experience, sadly, did not match what others have experienced.

While the hotel is new, wear was already evident in my room and the general areas. Wallpaper was peeling off of the walls in the hallways, especially near the elevators. The carpet and couch in my room were stained and the dishes in the cabinets had not been washed or were washed poorly after the last guest. Many surfaces in the room were visibly dirty including the desk, counters, stovetop, etc. Noise was a huge issue, from other guests and from outside (airplanes taking off and road noise), the windows did a very poor job of blocking out the noise.

Internet access was very slow (on general web browsing and email), both via wired and wireless, although they would give you a faster speed if you payed an extra $8.95 per day. Room did have 2 LCD TV's but no HD programming. Staff was functional, but not very friendly or helpful.

Overall I just expected much more quality based on the reviews posted. Perhaps I just received a bad room, but I think I will stick with my usual alternate hotels in the future.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank KCGhost
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2009

We stayed one night at the Residence Inn Airport and I wish we would have stayed longer! Originally I didn't need the airport shuttle, but when I got there my husband's schedule had changed and I called the hotel. They sent the free shuttle right away! Our room was not ready when we got there, but the staff were so friendly and nice. It was almost worth our room not being ready just to sit in the beautiful lobby. Normally I won't spend much time in a lobby, but it was quiet and welcoming, I didn't even want to leave when the room was ready! Our room was clean, bright, fresh. There was a cooktop, microwave, full refrigerator, dishwasher and dishes. There was a nice desk and a little breakfast table, couch, chair, a tv in living area and bedroom. The internet was free and fast. The kitchen/living area was separate from the bedroom/bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom clean. There was a free breakfast that was excellent. Make-your-own waffles, fruit, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, potatoes, cereal, bagels, muffins, juice, coffee, tea, milk...the only problem was seating to eat breakfast! It was packed (probably because it was a great breakfast!). There was a fitness room, pool, hot tub, tennis courts. I was really impressed with the hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple