“I was scared when I read the previous reveiws because I had booked the room already and....”

Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #77 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I worried for nothing. The room was clean, the staff was friendly. The housekeeping staff went out of their way to accomodate our family. We had a refrigerator in the room just as requested. The air was cold. The water was hot. We had a view of both stadiums and the HUGE firework display after the game!
The waterpark was crowded but I attribute that to the convention that was at the hotel.
And the buffet, which I am not a big fan of to begin with was delcious. Props to the chef.
I am very picky and this was not a bad place to stay.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
COCOGM, General Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Thanks for sending Trip Advisor your comments on your recent stay at the hotel. I was glad we were able to provide you a pleasant stay at our hotel and water park. The hotel has a very dedicated staff and I am glad they delivered the service you expected and deserved. Thanks for staying with us and giving the feedback on your stay.

999 - 1,005 of 1,029 reviews

Reviewed 9 August 2011

We had a very bad experience at this hotel, and weren't the only ones who hated it that weekend. We arrived late afternoon only to discover our rooms weren't ready. Our room was finally ready after we returned from a baseball game at about 10 p.m. (the only thing to recommend this hotel is it's within walking distance of Kauffman Stadium, and there's a shuttle). The room was dirty. There was trash on the floor underneath the desk, the floor hadn't been vacuumed, there were hairs on the tub. There was no hand towel and only two bath towels in the bathroom, and no facial tissues. The wait for the elevators was ridiculous because there were only two of them, so instead we walked 11 flights up to our room. So many people were walking the stairs that it was almost as crowded as the elevators! Our last morning, people actually were stuck in the elevator for 20 minutes. The place was overpriced, probably because of the water park. It was such an unpleasant experience. Stay away from this hotel! Our entire family--staying in three different rooms--had problems. We will not stay here again, and you shouldn't either.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
daveroyce, Director of Operations at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your feedback on your stay at Holiday inn SE. I will share your comments with the team in an effort to improve service. We have a new Executive Housekeeper who is working tirelessly to ensure there are never cleanliness issues in our rooms. I apologize for the elevator breaking while you were here, I understand that it is frustrating and we are making every effort to correct that situation going forward. Once again thanks for sharing your opinion. I hope you will see fit to give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

The only thing positive I can say about it was the shuttle driver between the hotel and the ball park. After that, everything else was terrible including the shuttle itself!!!

Had to call EVERY day for towels. Came back at 4:00 p.m. and room hadn't been cleaned. Would also have to call everyday for them to leave coffee in the room.

Room was setup weird. Had a table that was about 6 foot long in the room and a 2ft sink. Elevators were down to two so you had to wait. TIP: Go to the basement and wait for the elevator vs. in the lobby.

Had a couple computer kiosks in the lobby and internet access was S-L-O-W and would kick you off after 15-20 minutes. I understood that, but it would just kick you off. No warning or anything.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback, I will share your views with my team in an effort to provide better service to our guests. I was surprised to see you did not like our shuttle as it a 2011 model we leased new in April. I will look for deficiencies and correct if possible. I apologize if you lacked towels and this issue has been corrected. Just so everyone knows we are scheduled to begin our elevator renevations in September. We will continue to work hard to provide great service to all our guests. Thanks agian for letting us know how you feel.

Reviewed 6 August 2011

We opted for the 2 day Worlds of Fun/CoCo Key package, and the accommodations and attractions could not have been better. The water park was just the perfect size and challenge for our 4 & 6 year old, and was well-staffed with lifeguards. We visited the water park all 3 days of our stay. The outdoor pool provided a nice change of pace for swimming activities. Worlds of Fun was very clean, with great rides. While not part of the package we purchased, we also took in a Royals baseball game, utilizing the hotel's complimentary shuttle service. Our room on the 7th floor on the hotel's west side had a perfect view of both Kaufman & Arrowhead Stadiums! The hotel staff was very attentive to our needs and the room was very comfortable. I am anxious to make a return trip!

Room Tip: West side facing rooms have a magnificent view of both Kaufman and Arrowhead Stadiums!
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The exterior of the hotel isn't that great at all. It looks outdated just like the rooms. There was no one to help with luggage and the parking was horrible. Got inside of the hotel room and found water all over the bathroom floor. I am pretty sure the room service just remade the beds because they didn't appear dirty, but we found lots of hair on the bed sheets. Eww...... and found that one of our towels was dirty as well. Don't get the Banana Nut Bread from the Market, it was gross and tasted like cardboard and the latte was made poorly. The girl made it for me and filled it so high, when I put my straw inside, it went everywhere and spilled over. I am just so irritated with this hotel and cannot wait to check out and leave!! And NO blow-dryer in the hotel! First hotel I have been inside that doesn't have one. UGH$%$@#Q%#Qr

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I am not sure if the prior reviews were people that were expecting The Four Seasons or what? We had a very pleasant stay with very clean rooms and marble in the bathrooms. Friendly staff and a very fun water park. The comment about staying at the Great Wolf Lodge is unfair because we checked their prices for one night and the lowest price for one night was more than $200! This hotel was well under $100 per night. Our family had a great time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We got a good deal on this hotel through a third party (online) and overall it was so- so... The hotel lobby was very nice and the room was clean and overall "good." Here are the bad things:
1. it RAINED into the room! One of the windows must not have been properly isolated and the pouring of rain actually woke us up!
2. We ordered room service for breakfast for the morning of our departure; it never came!

3. We informed the young lady at the front desk of all these things and she did not really have anything to say about it. Whatever- good customer service must not have been her highest priority...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
daveroyce, Director of Operations at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2011

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I will take the necessary steps to correct the deficiencies you experienced in your room. We obviously do not wish it to rain inside the hotel. In addition I will share your comments with our front desk team as a coaching tool to help provide more sincere hospitality in the future. Again, thanks for your comments and we look forward to taking care of you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel
Best Western Truman Inn
Best Western Truman Inn
#6 of 18 in Independence

Been to Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!