“Chiefs Game!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #73 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Maryville, Missouri
“Chiefs Game!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

I have stayed at this location numerous times for Chiefs/Royals games. It used to be an Adams Mark and definitely needed some work. Most of the rooms have been remodeled. Rooms that have been remodeled are great, the ones in the back by the water park, not so much. Parking is a nightmare on Chiefs games as they ask you your name at the parking lot gate but other than that its great.

The only issue we, and 100 other fans , had this trip was the terrible service at the bar/lounge. It was the Chiefs/Steelers game so a crowd was definitely to be expected. I guess hotel mgmnt didnt plan ahead. Before the game and after it was a complete disaster for those working as they were under staffed by at least 3 people.

Great hotel. Close to the sports complex.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
COCOGM, General Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 December 2011
Thanks for staying with us for the Chiefs and Steelers Sunday night game. I was glad to read you have stayed at the hotel multiple times and have seen the improvements we have made at the hotel. I do apologize for the issues with the food service on Sunday night after the game. We had planned to be busy after the game and kept the lounge and food service open later than normal but we got really busy with more guests going into the lounge than what we had forecasted. Sorry for the issues. We definately will be better prepared for another Sunday night game. I appreciate your loyalty to the hotel and hope to see you again for a future Royals or Chiefs game.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

My husband, daughter and myself stayed here this past weekend with our best friends and their daughter....Where to start? Hotel staff was great. Very nice and helpful although I'm not sure that we were told the entire truth when choosing our room. We were put on the "old" side but we were told at check in that the rooms are all the same? There wasn't really anything modern or clean about the rooms we were in. But we didn't see the other rooms so maybe they're all the same? We had adjoining rooms and the heat didn't work in either room, after maintenance came and fixed it, ours wouldn't turn off! Our room was 86 degrees!! We had to "sleep" with the door to the hall propped open to have some air movement. There was noise from the pool AND from the reception taking place upstairs that was pounding through the ceiling. The hot water took over 15 minutes to warm up enough to get into the shower EVERY time we turned the water on. These rooms were SO SO overpriced. Nothing is included with the room, breakfast, water park etc. Nothing! It turned out to be a very expensive weekend. The water park was fun but in our opinion under staffed. We have little ones and the lifeguards seemed overwhelmed with the amount of kids running around, but not their fault there really were a LOT of kids. I'm pretty sure there were a lot of unsupervised kids that were dropped off for the day. The lazy river was more like a wave pool with a water polo game taking place. Kids were pushing and kicking and my friend and I were groped several times. Not Cool! Anyways - our advice DON'T STAY HERE! If you're visiting town stay at another hotel and visit the water park for an afternoon.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sara S
Thanks for sending your comments to trip advisor about your recent stay at the hotel and water park. I was glad to read you thought the staff was great and helpful. We do have a dedicated set of staff members who strive to take care of all of our guests. I am sorry to hear you had difficulty with the heat in your room and will review this with the maintenance staff at the hotel. I am glad your family enjoyed the water park. Kids and adults alike have a great time in the park. During peak times the water park at times can seem to be crowded. The lifeguards do their best to keep all kids under control to make the park fun and safe for everyone. We appreciate you staying with us.

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Sioux Falls, SD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

My wife & I stayed here in November 2011, for a Chiefs game. Hotel is nice, clean & modern. Check in was quick & friendly. We didn't use the water park, so I can say how that was. We did have lunch at the restaurant by the lobby, and the service there wasn't the best. It was busy due the the game, but the servers were slow & didn't seem all that interested in helping our party of 4. Overall a nice place to stay for a game, although it was a little pricey for what you get.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am glad you and your wife had a great stay at the hotel. We have the perfect location for a Kansas City Chiefs or Royals game. Our shuttle service to the stadium makes game day easy and convenient. Thanks for your comments and patronage of the hotel. We appreciate your business.
Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

My husband's job held a retreat here in October. Check in was quick and they even called to make sure the room was to our liking. A staff member brought a folder to our room that they forgot to give us at check in. I read reviews that the elevators would be slow so we asked for a room on a lower level and we discovered that those reviews were true. Luckily, we didn't have a long hike down the stairs with our 2 and 6 year olds. We had classes downstairs, the first night the rooms were very warm. The next morning they were cooler but some black substance fell down onto the tables and into the water glasses and pitchers. We assumed it was from the vents. The food was good, everybody seem to enjoy it. The children enjoyed a visit from the waterpark mascot during our first breakfast. The waterpark was nice but I do wish it was a tad bit warmer and the food was overpriced as to be expected. We had a blast with the kids, they really enjoyed the water park. Our rooms were clean but we did have to call down for towels as they were not replaced. But one call and they were brought to the rooom.
I would like to see a different spot for smokers other than the entrance to the hotel. Very unhealthy for asthmatics.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower level to avoid hiking down lots of stairs this is helpful if you have small children...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for sending comments about your recent stay at the the hotel to trip advisor. I was glad to read you and your family had a good time at the hotel and water resort. We are currently doing a modernization of the elevators to make them all run more efficient for our guests. Unfortunately during the construction work the wait time is a little long. The project will be completed on all three elevators by March 2012. This should make the elevators work much better for all hotel guests. Thanks for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again.
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

I must admit, when I realized there was a water park attached to the hotel, I was not entirely thrilled. I was here for a couple nights on business and was already beginning to wonder how much work would be accomplished with all kids and teenagers running around the hotel. For as big as the hotel is (at least 15 floors) you would think they would have more than 4 computers for guests (2 with printers, 2 without) or a better internet connection. It took me 15 mins of trying to connect to their wireless on my laptop before I had to call down to guest services for help. It was another 15 before I was up and running...their internet guest support said something about certain rooms using up too much bandwidth? I would assume from downloading large files...not entirely the hotels fault, but still this hotel should think of getting a better internet and computer system, something stronger since they are catering to business and family travelers.
I didn't spend too much time at the actual hotel, but when I returned at night, I had to call guest services to restock my towels. The very nice lady called back promptly after receiving my towels just to see how my stay was going and if there was anything else I needed...I think her name was Gail? Everyone at that desk was so attentive and nice...the girl with the feathers in her hair and little blonde girl were always smiling and greeting everyone that walked by them...even the people that were there overnight and at 5am were friendly and eager to help.
With kids hanging around the business center computers at all hours of the day and night, I waited until about 5:30 on the morning I was leaving to print my boarding passes. Had I known that all the toner was out on their printers, I would have done this at the airport terminal. Regardless, I approached the front desk to see if they could help me. The man (Will?) behind the desk went out of his way and actually let me bring my information up on his computer so it would print directly to his printer, however, he could not get it to print...anywhere. I think we tried 3 or all 4 computers, literally taking 30 mins before this girl with long, black hair and glasses (I don't know if she had a name tag or not, sorry I don't remember your name!) told me to just come into the back office and she would get it to print. She was sweet enough to even offer me coffee or donuts for the trouble of waiting.
Quite honestly, anywhere else would have given up a looooooong time ago. At the time, yes, it was very frustrating, entering and re-entering my information, going here, then there, ect, ect, but it was the fact that they were willing to go above and beyond to see it through spoke volumes to the kind of service they are providing. Even the smallest act of offering coffee was something that really made my stay worth it. I would like to see what great service they provide to families, so I may be back with mine!

Room Tip: avoid rooms near ice machines and elevators when the hotel is busy if you want to get sleep
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
COCOGM, General Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 November 2011
Thanks for sending your comments to Trip Advisor about your recent stay at the hotel. I was glad to read how responsive the desk staff was to your issues at the hotel. I have a very dedicated staff and they work really hard to try to make the hotel guests stay as best as it can be. I will look into the internet bandwith at the hotel to see why you were having issues and have corrected if needed. We appreciate your business and look forward to your returning to our hotel on a future trip to Kansas City.
West Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

This hotel is very nice and is pretty much right across the street from Kauffman Stadium where the KC Royals play so it's an easy walk but they also have a shuttle available. They have a nice restaurant which serves a breakfast buffet as well as other menu items. They also have a smaller cafe and water park. The reason I marked it very good instead of excellent was because my room didn't have a shower curtain and when checking in the concierge sent us in the opposite direction of where our rooms were located.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for sending your comments to Trip Advisor about your recent stay at the hotel. I am glad you had a nice stay at the hotel. The restaurant in the hotel is very nice and the food is great. I am glad you got to enjoy the food at the hotel. Sorry about the mis direction from the staff. Thanks for staying with us. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Kansas City.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed here on Thursday 10/27 & Friday 10/28. This was booked for us by a friend who used to live in KC. It wasn't his first choice to stay - he would have preferred to stay downtown near the plaza but everything was booked up. We found the rooms and the hotel overall to be very clean. I don't believe they offer a free breakfast. Also, there isn't any venting in the restrooms so it can get a little hot and stuffy. It would be nice if they put a mirror over the desk area in the room so women would have a good place to do their hair and makeup. However, overall there isn't anything terrible that would keep me from staying there again. Especially if you are in town for a baseball or football game since it is within a couple blocks of the stadiums. This would be a great hotel for the guys during the sports seasons! I also could see where if you had kids it would be a great place because of the indoor waterpark. It looked like it would be a lot of fun.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
COCOGM, General Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
Thanks for staying with us during your recent visit to Kansas City. I was glad to read you had a very nice stay at the hotel. Our hotel has a great location next to the sports stadiums and our complimentary shuttle to the stadiums for the games is a great guest benefit. Our water park is a great attraction for kids and adults alike. Thanks for sending your comments to Trip Advisor. We look forward to you staying with us again on a future visit to Kansas City.